Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

hehehe - me - rattling around in my plaine seat!!?? Who would have ever thunk it!! :D

Thanks Zomble. I really can't wait to get on that plane in May! I should be about 2/3 of the way to goal then, and I am going back in May for my moms 90th birthday party - and if I can be slim, just once - for her to see it - ach! Getting all teary eyed!!! :eek: Well, that would just be fantastic.

I am getting very excited - just one week now to start!! Rollllll on!

That must feel so good to be 'normal'....it has been soooo long since I felt I was a normal average size..l..I honestly could not tell you when that was. Probably when I was about 8. Even though in my teens I can now see in photos I was pretty average - i didn't know it at the time.

So, wellllll ready to feel normal to see what its all about!

Thanks! :)xx

Well, here we are - 2008. Imagine, what if this really is the last New Years I bring in as a fat person! I do not make New Years resolutions.....I haven't for years, as they were always the same thing (care to guess what??) and they were never acheived- so I am not going to make one. But this will be a year of great change. If I look back on this in one year, and find I am the same as I am now, I will shoot myself. lol This is it. Last chance cafe. The year I reclaim my life back.

I am less the a week away from my first day on LL. I have been living like a little squirrel, cooking up a storm, putting things in the cupboards, acting like it will be the last time I can cook my favourite things, or my husbands favourites. And I know in a few days, I am going to be throwing out an awful lot of food as there is no way we can eat everything by the time I start. I am not sure what has driven me to do these things. I have baked an Apple Pie, a Pumpkin Pie, I have made peanut brittle, and bought all the trimmings to cook a small turkey dinner tonight. I have truffles left over that I made for Christmas. And an unopened box of Turkish Delight and Marzipan Batons. Lots of lovely cheese. All this stuff in my kitchen - for just two of us!! LOL And I am really, not all that interested in eating it - I just wanted to make it. Strange. In fact, looking at it all makes me feel ill, wasteful and stupid.

I have found, as I approach Day One, nothing really sounds appealing to me. Which is good. Odd, but good.

I want to tell my best friends back home what I am getting up to - but am refraining. I am so tired of their unending encouragment, only to eventually write and tell them - "Well - I gained it all back". So I am trying not to tell them....to just get on with it, and then arrive back home one day and shock and awe them. But its so hard. I am glad for this site, and all of you. But its going to be hard not to tell them. I probably will eventually, but not yet.

I am excited, and the fear is fading away....as I feel I truly am getting sick of food. AM I finally full??? LOL

Well. This is it. The final countdown.

Wishing everyone, a happy and successful new year. Lets raise our glasses to success!

Hi Blonde Logic!

Just to say that I am SURE this will be your year ! You deserve it and you are going to get to your goal in 2008!
Are you going to give yourself rewards along the way? (I am but don't know what yet - maybe a head massage!)
Anyway , have a great new year and please keep us posted. I can't wait to see how well you are going to do ! (You will!) I'lll let you know how I get on ...I am starting this month too!

Well, here I am - just three days untill I start abstaining. I have found it interesting, that I have not made one 'special' or 'naughty' meal this week. On other attempts with Slimming World, I would have all my favourite meals the week before and the night before was like the last supper, and I could scoff for England. But this time, I have done nothing. Don't really know what that means, but I think it's a good sign. In fact, each time I eat something, I am thinking, 'god, I can't wait till I don;t have to eat anymore!!' As Monica's father on FRIENDS said in one episode, to her mother, 'My god - I think she is finally full'!! That is sort of how I have been feeling. I am feeling sick of food and miraculously am looking forward to not eating. THat is how I feel now. Tomorrows another day....but fingers crossed - its a good ad empowering feeling.

I think it is because I have had 7 or 8 weeks to mentally gear upfor this. I think that has really helped.

What I am fearing giving up most believe it or not is Diet Coke!! lol

I am feeling quite strong now. Fear has been replaced with excitement and a strong level of commitment. I am going to give this my all - 100% abstainence. I have read how some here suffered over the Christmas holiday and then getting back on the plan, and I don't want to have any back steps. I am going to try my very very best...that is all I can do. But at the moment - I feel confident.

Today I am emptying my cupboards to one in the corner of the kitchen, and will have a nice clear space to keep all my LL packets, etc., and that will be my safety zone. The fridge will be emptied of most things and replaced with bottled of water.

I have been taking great pleasure with every ache and pain, knowing soon they will begin to dissappear.

I do not feel brave enough to say, 'this time I KNOW I will be successful'. I am not that bolshy yet, as I have said that every single other time I have tried to lose weight and I cannot face another dissappointment in myself. But I know I am prepared to give it my all, my very best effort.

I am going to start a scrap book, as someone here suggested on another thread I think, where I will clip and paste outfits that I would like to see myself in, and that will help keep me motivated. I may treat myself along the way, but as this is expensive, that will be minimal. But at the end, I have been promised a $3000 (insert pound symbol - American keyboard and all....) shopping spree for a new wardrobe. I guess we will have to clear a credit card for that....lol....but its a sweet gesture from my OH.

I did realise, that I think much of my fear stemmed from the fact that I feel in my heart, that this is my very last chance to sort this out. On my own that is. It's this - gastric bypass - or live with the weight forever. I feel these are my only options, and I don't particularly fancy the latter two. I have already had the misfortune of 15 different surgeries in my lifetime.....I don't fancy another when there are already at least two more ahead, maybe three or more if I need a TT, etc., at the end of this - so this has got to be my salvation. And that is how I see it. Salvation.

When I was feeling fearful of cutting the chord with food, I looked at myself in the mirror, and I looked deep in my eyes and asked me, 'Would you rather stay the way you are, and keep indulging and enjoying short term false happiness with food.....or....would you rathar sacrifice those pleasures for a MERE 6 or 7 months, and then be able to live again.' With tears in my eyes and an amazingly strong tug of my heart- I knew the answer.

This is it. This is my time. This is my life, and I reclaim it NOW!

As mentioned in the previous post, I have come to view LL as my salvation, which has prompted me to now post the lyrics of SALVATION by Elton John. Something to look back on now and again.

"Salvation"
Sir Elton John

I have to say my friends
This road goes a long, long way
And if we're going to find the end
We're gonna need a helping hand

I have to say my friends
We're looking for a light ahead
In the distance a candle burns
Salvation keeps the hungry children fed

It's gotta take a lot of salvation
What we need are willing hands
You must feel the sweat in your eyes
You must understand salvation

A chance to put the devil down
Without the fear of hell
Salvation spreads the gospel round
And free you from yourself

This has always been one of my favourite EJ songs, and now, it has even more meaning.

I have just had my last lunch.

Set a task this morning and that was to drink one litre of water before lunch. Nearly managed - all but about 1 inch in the bottom of the bottle....which is now gone. On to bottle number two. This is pre-d-day basic water training!! lol If I can mamange that by 4pm when I leave work, then I think if I plan on one in the mornings before work, or at least hald a litre, 2 at wrok, and the rest in the evening I should be OK.

Would rathar fininsh earlier so I am not up all night........less then 24 hours now.

Oooh, i was thinking of you this morning!

Good luck for tomorrow, although I have a sneaking suspicion you are going to be fine!

D x

Good Luck Blonde xx

Good luck on LL! I'm on day 1 of CD today, just remember to swig your fat burning juice (Water!)

Leah xxxx

We'll get through it, ay Blue!!?? Chug chug chug-a-lug!!

I am having my first packet - a chocolate shake mixed with hot water topped off with coffee.

Its just as good as a Starbucks Mocha!. (If I keep telling myself that, maybe I will believe it......it's a long shot...but maybe......:D

At least its not horrible. :)

Good luck hon!

x

Hehe, i add all kinds of stuff to coffee. Strangely i've been told that banana and coffe are nice but that's my idea of hell!

I make mochas too :D Use the CD ready made choc shake as milk and top up with water.

I'm 2litres down already! Catch up xxxx

DAY ONE

Ok, I am going to start making just a few notes and thoughts, as regularly as possible. I would say every day,but know that is not realistic, but while it is fresh I will try. These are really just notes I can refer back to - feel free to comment if you want, or feel free to completely ignore them too!! Its just an easy way for me to track some things I would otherwise forget.

DAY ONE

Well, I made it through Day One! Was not as scary as I had imagined it would be. There were a few moments I wanted food, but only one or two where I felt hungry, but not starving. It was pure habit, the times I wanted something. By abstaining, I recognise I was not hungry, just wanted to eat.

Meals today were Chocolate Shake, hot with Coffee; Mushroom Soup; Thai CHili Soup; Raspberry Shake blended with ice.

Managed all my water. Spent a lot of time - A LOT - in the loo.

Inner thoughts: I MUST complete this; I am doing this for ME; everyday things will NOT be an effort any longer if I stay true to the plan and just how nice that will be.

Have not gone mad smoking - expected to increase massively due to abstaining. So far, not too bad.

Over all - very very pleased with the ease of the day.

Concerned about the water - drank it all OK, bbut could see how that could easily taper off - hope it just becomes second nature as it is so important.

Had a nice hot soak in bath, read LL books, reflected and now I will drink my shake and then go to bed before long.

A good day.

Well done, I'm glad you've had such a good start to the programme - isn't it great to be one day in :)

Hope tomorrow goes just as well for you, you should notice that the amount of time spent in the loo goes down pretty soon as your body gets used to taking in so much - just be ready for the cold to set in. Being cold was really the only 'side effect' I suffered from last time and last night when we were in bed my hubby suddenly remember that and realised that he's about to be used as a hot water bottle all over again :)

Keep going strong!

Hi blonde

I have been reading your diary with interest and a chuckle here and there. I just wanted to say a quick hello and wish you all the luck and strength in the world while you are climbing the ketosis wall these first few days. Something speaks to me from the way that you write that you will have no problems. Your head is so in the right place I am sure you will be amazed when you stand on the scales again in a week.

Take care and keep on rockin!
Laura
x

Thank you Laura! That's really nice....I can't wait till first weigh in.

I must admit, I was terrified of this - but so far, its much easier then I imagined. I know there will be struggles ahead, and attribute much of the ease to my enthusiasm as a newbie....I hope I hold on to it. I plan to hold on to it...and feel very encouraged so far!!!

Thanks again - you made me smile. :)

Good to hear you're still going strong - great to hear you sounding so positive .... and loving the thai chilli eh - I still drink it occasionally but I usually use that one to make crisps out of with an added kick of tabasco sauce mmmm.

I've had a good day, have still got the headache/face-ache but that's from the sinusitus rather than the diet. Drank my 4 litres already and am now on the next glass so that's been okay too.

Back