Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

Great post! My friend tried to granite her freezer with plastic baskets (they craved from the cold). Test one of yours for a couple of weeks -- if it cracks take them back. Metal won't crack, but costs more (she bought metal).

Your garden sounds lovely. I hope your DH likes the table.

Lovely to read your happy post BL! It certainly lifted my spirits and feeling rather motivated for yet another declutter! Thank you!

Mel - what did you mean your firend tried to granite her freezer? I had not thought about the cracking factor - I bet these would? They are actually intended as shoe boxes. Well, it was not great investment so I will give it a try. :) Were the metal ones she got specifically for freezer storage?

Kira I absolutely HATE clearing and decluttering - until it is over - then it is worth every minute of sweat and pain. lol BUt I do put it off for ages. But once I get going, its good - and I am going to do some attacking shortly in my kitchen. After that, I might conquer my shoes.

Because the arthritis in my feet is so bad know - far worse after the surgery then before :/ I have to face the music - and the truth is I do not think I will be able to wear anything with more than 1.5" high heels. :( Which means many pairs of shoes will have to go bye bye. Ib ought SO many pairs of lovely high heels, and high heeled boots once I lost all of my weight. It was the first time I could wear them without excess weight and the pain that caused. It was a wonderful brief moment. Shame it did not last. ut that's life. We all have to have something.

I will keep my favourites back - JUST in case it is ONLY my weight now that makes them too painful to wear, and not the surgery - but I am pretty good at identifying my body and its faults - it feels more like permanent damage. We'll see!!

I have a young friend at work chomping at the bit for me to do this - she wants all my high heeled boots. Fiend. Heartless fiend. :D :giggle:

Enjoy you days ladies!! Whatever you are doing - I hope you are feeling good. :)

xxx

PMSL -- auto correct. ORGANIZE her chest freezer. She bought plastic baskets from IKEA and they cracked after not very long. She found metal ones somewhere else but they were expensive. I don't think so. I think they're working okay. She's not complained.

eBay the boots and shoes and buy baskets. ;)

Hhi ladies....here is a snap of my new purchases. The camera is giving off more of a neon effect then exists, but its still pretty bright and cheerfful. :)
4661-albums4273-picture95823.jpg

I have also decided to expand our dishware. We have the "Blue Willow" patterened dishes which are nice, but would not have been my first choice but they came with the husband. :D He really likes them, and I am a fan of "blue" things, so I have decided rather then fight a losing battle I will now expand the set with an ecclectic mix of blue and white dishes. So if anyone in their travels ever sees on ebay or anything any interesting plates, give me a nod? :)

I spent 3 hours last night in my studio getting all my paints and brushes and thinners and canvases all out of boxes and put back out ready to use. I have not touched a paintbrush since mom died. I lost all motivation for my favourite things, and painting was one of them. I did do one and only one painting and that was the day I heard from my brother that we had sold our famiy home and what I started to paint jut turned in to a black canvas. I think I might be able to throw a bit of colour now. :D

I am just getting so much done this week!!!

Tonight we set up our new table and chairs outside and will maybe even "dine" there this evening. :D

Lovig this week.

I hope you are are all finding things to keepyou otivted and happyduring yur diets. I can't believe 3 weeks have already passed for me - so fast!!

And for those of yuo working today - TGIF!!!

xxx

You sound fab! You should visit the Burleigh factory shop in Stoke-on-Trent. My friend bought several ble themed place settings and does a mix and match. Congrats on 3 weeks!

Just got back form dropping off 8 bags of things at 2 Charity shops in town. Ahhhh - that task has been waiting for months and months and months. Years. And by finally doing it (they have been bagged up and ready since November last year!!)...by FINALLY doing it, it got me thinking. Doing that feels a little like moving the correct pebble in a pebble jam which shifts the balance of things, and the pebbles start flowing through the gap again.

Now that I am getting my "mojo" back, I am seeing some things that are pretty sad to me - but I am not sad - its helpful to see these things finally without living in the world of denial. it is becoming clear to me by how much clearing out and reorganising is nevessary just how depressed I have been for the past several years - from way before moms death. Probably since I left her and moved to the UK when all the guilt kicked in. It appears at some point I just gave up on caring about this house. My sanctuary, which was always an essential part of my decor - was to make it a calming peaceful environment. Don't worry - it's not like Hoarders, lol, but its certainly not how I lived in my little lovely home in California and not how I imagined living for 12 years. But I was obviously completely consumed by guilt - I don;t think I have been able to see how much guilty I had until now.....I think I had been accepting it a bit at a time and well now, may as well just accept the whole kit & kaboodle and get on with it. Rip off the bandage and throw it away. And it feels better already.

So it feels really cathartic - all this clearing out. And I am finding it more easy then usual to part with things - VERY unusual for me. I amy regret it tomorrow, but now it s good! I know I have lived a life of excess to provide me with a sense of "home" and "security". I need to stop this.

I know I have probably said this before, but its helps to get it out here...helps me make sense in my head. Problem is I have a goldfishes memory so it always feels new to me....LOL

Anyway, feeling pretyy happy and hopeful and full of optomism for whatever lies ahead. :)

Have a good weekend everyon!!!

You sound fab! You should visit the Burleigh factory shop in Stoke-on-Trent. My friend bought several ble themed place settings and does a mix and match. Congrats on 3 weeks!

I am feeling good Mel. :) This week off has done me a world of good. :)

I am now off to google Burleigh! :)

How are you! Hey, I was thinking about your dad yesterday - how is he doing these days? And how are you getting on with your SnS? :)

Do you have sun today - isn;t it lovely!! :)

xx

Hi BL!

Thanks for asking -- my dad got out (in his wheelchair he is a bit anxious with the walker after he fe again) and attended his Great Granddaughter's high school graduation. He looks so pleased in the photos.

I'm only using S & S when I've cook a dinner for the family that doesn't appeal. I've was using it alternate day (JUDDD) and lost about 5 pounds in 2 weeks, but then I was in Germany for a week and back a week -- and not doing anything but trying to hold my own.

I'm planning to join WW on Monday. I have about 2 to 2.5 stone that I want to lose. My BMI is about 27 to 28. I could VLCD but I find it difficult to stay on plan. So I'm hoping that I can make this work -- as it won't take longer because I was getting no where with all my starts and stops.

There is a good book called "Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat" and it talks about the psychology of holding on to stuff and weight and how they can be symptoms of the same issues. It is very interesting.

BL love the kitchen stuff! Very cheerful colours. It's great to read your posts and that you are feeling so very happy! Feel it can be infectious happiness as feel cheered having read your posts.

You are doing great on plan and I think you will be successful in both the weightloss and maintenance this time.

have a great day!

mel you are doing great too! Must pop over and visit your busy thread!

Wow! 21lbs in three weeks is inspirational. Genuinely. Just what I needed to read right now as I'm planning to start packs tomorrow. Well done!

Hi everyone - happy hump day! :D Roll on Friday, thats what I say!!

I hope you are all doing well. :) It's hot and humid here and I am praying for a loud bangin Thunderstorm!!!! One of my Top 5 favourite sounds!

Had a slow week this week - lost 1 pound. But honestly, after losing 21 pounds in 3 weeks - I am absolutely fine with that!! lol And frankly don't blame my body!!! lol

lol - last night I made up a Vanilla pack with Mousse Mix - or whatever its called - and its the MM I had frm the las time around....it must go off. It was SOOOOOOO gross!!!! LOL It gelled alright, but it was all full of little tiny - teeny tiny - lumps. One lump - OK - but there were LOADS of them - it was vile!!!! So, time for a new jar of MM - but maybe not - it just might have put me off it for all time! LOL

Anyway jut popping on the do my ticker. I hope everyone is having a great week - treating themselves well - and appreciating yourselves for waht you are doing. :)

xxx

Hi everyone - happy hump day! :D Roll on Friday, thats what I say!!

I hope you are all doing well. :) It's hot and humid here and I am praying for a loud bangin Thunderstorm!!!! One of my Top 5 favourite sounds!

Had a slow week this week - lost 1 pound. But honestly, after losing 21 pounds in 3 weeks - I am absolutely fine with that!! lol And frankly don't blame my body!!! lol

lol - last night I made up a Vanilla pack with Mousse Mix - or whatever its called - and its the MM I had frm the las time around....it must go off. It was SOOOOOOO gross!!!! LOL It gelled alright, but it was all full of little tiny - teeny tiny - lumps. One lump - OK - but there were LOADS of them - it was vile!!!! So, time for a new jar of MM - but maybe not - it just might have put me off it for all time! LOL

Anyway jut popping on the do my ticker. I hope everyone is having a great week - treating themselves well - and appreciating yourselves for waht you are doing. :)

xxx

Mousse is the only way I like a shake these days.

I'm glad you're doing so well and still "fired up"!

BL it's great to read your positive posts and that you are not disappointed with the 1 pound loss. It's a loss and you are sticking to plan and the pounds will have to shift! Great attitude and that's how you are going to get to goal. Feel really cheered up reading your posts and positivity.

I tried something different this weekend.....even though shattered when I got home from work, I did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned and hoovered and dusted the lounge, did the washing up and tidied the kitchen, and cleaned the littler trays (yuck - worst job e v e r) lol - still had time to watch some tv and stuff - and then today, it has been totally chilled - been relaxing with a bit of tv - been making some jewelery components to put together into what I hope is a very nice necklace - a windy walk to the shops for some milk, now enjoying a luscious cup of coffee - and then out for a swim - home for a movie. Feels like a holiday in one day! :D I think I am on to something :)

Happy Saturday everyone! :)

I tried something different this weekend.....even though shattered when I got home from work, I did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned and hoovered and dusted the lounge, did the washing up and tidied the kitchen, and cleaned the littler trays (yuck - worst job e v e r) lol - still had time to watch some tv and stuff - and then today, it has been totally chilled - been relaxing with a bit of tv - been making some jewelery components to put together into what I hope is a very nice necklace - a windy walk to the shops for some milk, now enjoying a luscious cup of coffee - and then out for a swim - home for a movie. Feels like a holiday in one day! :D I think I am on to something :)

Happy Saturday everyone! :)

Sounds fabulous. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

Now in my book that's called exercise!!! You are doing great and most definitely in the zone! Fab!! Go, go, go!!

Sounds like you're still going strong! I'm following and taking every ounce of inspiration I can from you (hope you can spare it!!) xx

Evening all. Like we all say TGIF, I too say TGMO - Thank God Monday's Over. lol Work is a pressure cooker at the moment. Lots of illness = lots of people on leave - lots of system problems - (3 years conitnual system problems - c o n t i n u o u s). I have never see a company accept such a rubbish system and expect staff to carry on as if nothing is wrong. Anyway - Losts of work - and you have an office full of stressed, ready to crack people.

it will pass. But its going to be a long 2 or 3 weeks before we are (hopefully) staffed again. And then - I make MY departure for a week. I have to have some minor surgery on 12yh July, so will be out a week. I tell you, its bad when surgery is something to look forward to - just to get out of the heat!!! LOL

Anyway, I have had my first couple of comments from people noticing I am losing. I was walking ahead of a friend today and I turned and saw her so crossed the road and waited for her - she said she didn;t think that coul dhave possible been me, that my shape had changed a lot already. That was very nice to hear. :) And somone caught a couple of glimpses of me today too and thought "You can see it now". And that was me. :D Caught my reflection a time or two and I could see the loss starting to show.

Now the motivation gets even better - the visual along with the numbers.....roll on.

I made two necklaces over the weekend. I will see if I can share them here. They are the first art I have done of any type since mom died. Its a pretty big milestone for me. And no sooner had I posted them on facebook when I sold one of them. Nice - because who can't use a bit of spare cash - but I really loved it - it was for me. But I will part with it. And I am putting the money towards a new clothes fund for when I hit goal.

I also treated myself tonight to a bottle of Tabu Perfume. Anyone know it? It is a classic in the states - was popular as heck when I was in high school. We wore it all the time. So that will bring back lots of memorys when I smell the scent. :)

Lets see - I am going to try and add a pic....been so long I have forgotten how to, and I think its change. Lava CU.jpgLava CU 2.jpgLampwork CU 3.jpgLampwork doubled.jpg

I hope this works and there are pictures here! lol This is new and different and MUCH easier then before! Go Pierce! :D

Well, I guess I better stop babbling and get on with a few things before bed.

Enjoy your evenings Losers!!!! :giggle: xxx Nitey nite!

Back