Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

Sounds like you had a difficult decision to make. Be proud of yourself for what you've achieved and for picking yourself up and doing rtm after a lapse :)
I hope this week goes well for you and that you feel positive about yourself and your relationship with food! Take care

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You should be SO proud to be starting RTM! You have done wonderfully & you are so close to goal but as you always say to others, lapsing is a slippery slope but you are addressing it & you've made an adult choice to do RTM. Be proud and hold your head up high Mrs!!

I don't think there are many people who would have coped with what you've coped with over the last year. That's an achievement in itself - AND you've just given up the smokes too.

Can't wait to hear about your next stage of your journey - enjoy your protein & salad... and it tastes so much better authority's guilt when you know you're "allowed" to have it. Xxxxxx

Obviously "authority" guilt = "without the" guilt. (Lighterlife hasn't addressed my sausage thumb iPhone typing!!!)

Thank you so much ladies - I mean it. Thank yu for your support and encouraging words.

I know I will get there. I have no choice!! I am going to start - I have to get there!! But I am finding, I think part of the problem, is my head was not ready to start RTM this soon - I had it in my head I would be abstaining until End of November at least. So this has kind of thrown me.

I know I still have CBT work and head work - I know this. And not all of it is just about Food. I know I am probably at another layer of my onion, and who knows what is coming out - but I just have been feeling at odds for a few weeks now. So, will carry on bast I can - I can't do better than that. I am going to try not to obsess about anything....jut go withthe flow, a day at a time. I need to learn to do that. Desperately.

Anyway, gotta dash - have some tidying to do - hubby returns home tomorrow. :)

THanks so much - you are all stars. xxxxx

BL - I will post properly later (it's the wee small hours and I just saw your posts) but couldn't go without giving you a hug and saying I SO identify with the overactive mind thing you talk about.

You are fine just the way you are. You feel out of sorts. That's ok. There doesn't have to be any big reason why. You don't need to find an answer. You don't need 'fixing'.

You have had some very very difficult times. You're not superhuman (although your diary sometimes gives me the sneaking suspicion you actually are!). It's ok to feel uncomfortable/confused and not to have all the answers all of the time.

Really want to say more but need to try to get back to sleep right now. Big hugs Xxx

Hi Everyone,

Thank you again for your thoughtful replies.

I am feeling a bit better – it is funny how it all changes how you feel when it’s “legal”. Suddenly all those realllly strong urges, and chatter boxes, etc., are all very much quieter. Yesterday was a near perfect day. Compared to days in the last week or 10 days or so – it was a great feeling. Maybe today will be a perfect one – but I am happy with an almost perfect one. It’s definitely progress.

It’s also nice to have my hubby home. He told me “You look skinny!” and he picked me up and swung me like pendulum – and that boosted my spirits to know end. When I lost all the weigh in 2008, I became his favourite toy – he was forever picking me up and swinging me around, jut cause he could – and it delighted me – just made me laugh like a kid – so that he can still do that made me feel a little bit better about things.

I do know, I am sick to death of thinking and obsessing about food or my weight. I just don’t want to have to think about it ALL the time. I am sick to death of it.

Walking in to work this morning, I realised, while I am bigger then I was at my first goal – I am not fat. Or obese – or even pudgy. So why do I feel so unhappy with myself? I think a big part of it is I feel out of shape – with my feet troubles and lack of walking/swimming, I am flabby –and I think I am more unhappy about that then my size – My size would look better if toned – but not necessarily smaller – if that makes sense. Its the wobbly bits that make me feel bad. But like today, I have my tight hip hugger jeans on and they really hug my thighs, and they look good! But strip em off, and the wobbly bits put me right in to depression.

So – armed with this knowledge – I know I need to get back into exercising, regularly and with joy- not angst – sooner rather than later. I loved it when I could do it and when my body wasn’t suffering – so I just need to find something to do again. It’s kind of a relief to think about it this way. I don’t mind being built for comfort, and not speed, as long as I feel confident, and I won’t feel confident until I am more toned. Partial solution found and accepted. Now I just need to pull my finger out and get sorted.

I have also recognised in me a trait I do not understand or like and am trying to work out what the root of the problem really is....and wonder if I look at things wrong. I really began to wonder – so I overeat, just because I want to – because it tastes good, etc., - or – do I have a problem leaving things behind? It’s like if there is packet with 6 things in it – and this is merely an example, nothing specific, but say there are 6 things, and I eat 3. I should be happy, and satisfied. And I usually am. But sometimes, I can’t leave it alone – I keep thinking there is still this or that in the packet – and even though I am not hungry I get them and eat them – sometimes, on very bad days I suppose, my very twisted twisted crooked thinking thinks by eating them it gets them out of the house removing the temptation. HOW CROOKED IS THAT!!!??? Lol I don’t know.

Anyway, more later.
Huge thanks to everyone.

xxxxxx

I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling a bit happier and more positive. First of all, I COMPLETELY hear you on the not being able to leave things in the cupboard and I have exactly the same crooked thinking ie. well they're going to get eaten (most probably by me) at some point so why not just eat them now and get it over and done with. What on earth? I have no idea what it's all about but just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who thinks this way.

That's so cute about your husband picking you up and swirling you around. I think my poor dh would get a hernia trying to swirl me bless him as he weighs exactly the same as me!

Anyway, this is just a fleeting visit but hurrah for a positive day and here's to many, many more! xxxx

Hi BL --

You sound good and if you are able to workout it should help lift your spirits.

Mel

Hi BL, not visited your diary for a while but just want to say something about the exercise thing. Just recently a dance studio opened above one of my favourite local pubs (lol) and I do 4 classes a week, 3 on a Monday and one on a Friday and although my weight has maintained since I started, my jeans are so much looser I cannot believe it. And best of all, I love it and look forward to going even though I seem to have 2 left feet. And I had an illegal muffin today on my early finish but know what I am doing allows me to have some treats. Find something you love, not something you feel you have to do, and it is so much easier to motivate yourself. And YAY to Hubby swinging you round, fab! xxx

Hi BL,
I was just saying the same thing to my LLC last night about the pack of anything in the cupboard, that just begs me to finish it once it is openned. I raised this after seeing all the tins of xmas stuff on the shelves. Last year I bought some to give as gifts and of course I openned one and had it gone in 3 days all by myself. I would love to be able to have an 'adult' voice that says 2 or 3 is enough and you don't have to keep going to the cupboard 10 times ( if I haven't given up an plonked the whole thing beside me) in one night until they are all gone.
If you figure it out please let me know. I can do it in the short term but living it has proven difficult.
Have you tried Pilates? I've never done it myself but sounds good for toning and you may be able to do some of it while your feet are healing.

If you find an answer to the 'finish it!' mentality please let me know as well. I manage it by not buying stuff I may have difficulty with - but that doesn't get to the root of it - just avoids the situation! (Until I go and buy something 'healthy' (quotes deliberate there as nothing is healthy if you eat more than your body needs) and the same behaviour applies. I do find it difficult at times to leave food unfinished.

'Clear up your plate! No pudding unless you finish your firsts! Stop playing with your food and eat it! Think of the starving children in Africa!' Obviously it's not still my parents' fault that I have trouble with this all these years later. I'm an adult, right?! But the seeds are difficult to uproot...

If you find an answer to the 'finish it!' mentality please let me know as well. I manage it by not buying stuff I may have difficulty with - but that doesn't get to the root of it - just avoids the situation!

I do find it difficult at times to leave food unfinished.

'Clear up your plate! No pudding unless you finish your firsts! Stop playing with your food and eat it! Think of the starving children in Africa!' Obviously it's not still my parents' fault that I have trouble with this all these years later. I'm an adult, right?! But the seeds are difficult to uproot...

Judith Beck's book How to Think like a Thin Person really helps with this type of thinking. She is the daughter of the founder of CBT and reknown in the field herself. Her father developed CBT to help with depression and Judith applied its concepts to weight loss.

I have a notecard (Advantage card) that reads: Your body is not a trash can: BIN IT!

I have learned to throw unwanted food away in the CORRECT CONTAINER which is NOT MY BODY!

I am working on not cooking more than is required, and am prepared fix more if needed. (As when my DD had three friends to tea last Friday.) I made more chips per their request, and then when there were a few excess... I binned them. In the past I'd have eaten them.
images

Hey everyone...

Thought I would drop a quick note.....I have not been postin much lately. I seem to be finding myself slipping back into a depression, I am afraid. The last few weeks have been very difficult. I do not know what has brought this on, but it has been affecting both personal and professional aspects of my life in a bad way. I dont want to go in to much detail just now. But it is causin a lot of distraction in my life.

I have gone back to my docter that treated me when mom died and asked her to put me back on meds - maybe I came off them too soon. So she was happy to do that. I am quite sad to have had to take this step - I feel like I jut keep back sliding.

I go away next week, for 2 weeks to my mountain. It will be good for my soul but not nearly long enough.

Then the day after I return I have my double foot surgery. And then its christmas.

Time seems to be goin so fast, and I feel absolutely stationary. I just barely can keep up.

Anyway - still alive - and still hanging about, hoping for change.

So sorry you are feeling down hun.
I'm sending you love and hugs - hope you can feel it form here to there.
If you'd like to go for a coffee in our cafe let me know. I could drive over if you've got time before you go away.
Lots of love, SB xx
:bighug::7600:

Hi BL,

Glad to read a post from you. Sorry things have been so difficult for you. Once the surgery is over and you've healed, and Christmas is behind us... let's hope that 2012 will be a better year for us all. (((((BIG HUGS)))))

Hi BL,
Missed you. I think of it as a helping hand out of a little dip, not back sliding. Just helps to move forward.
Hope you have a great time over the pond and it will recharge your batteries.

I'm so sorry you're in a bad place at the moment. Big hugs and thinking of you xxxx

Morning BL --

I hope that your week starts out and continues well.

Mel

Homeward Bound

Just a quick so-long...I fly out tomorrow for 2 weeks on my mountain, days full of peace, friends, snow and sunshine...I need this break desperately. I am hoping to recharge my battery - just to unwind - decompress - seek some solace, and hopefully find some perspective.

THen home to surgery where I get my paws repaired.

THanks for the messages and PMs everyone.

Big love.

xxxx

Back