Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

The counseling sounds wonderful. I'm glad you clicked with your counselor. Neuro linguistic programming is very good for treating PTSD. my sister is an Aerospace physiologist who has been working with the US military in developing treatments for PTSD.

We do have Thanksgiving, the best parades (I told my German neighbor's that many small American towns do better than their biggest Fausching parades), then there are the Native American ceremonies - note: the first Olympic Ceremony to be a Major theatrical production was the Los Angeles. We may not have a royal family, but I really think that when it comes to putting on a show, party, etc. the Americans take the gold.

Last edited:
Blonde Logic said:
whooooaaaaaa...... 6 pounds gone this week!!??? LOL How did THAT happen!!! (I don't care - I will take it!!! LOL)

SO far so good! :)

Fantastic loss! Whoop!

Hi Blondlogic!
i did LL in 2008 and read your diary whilst doing it and found it to be such an inspiration! i lost 5 st which was the best feeling. Same as you though for whatever reason I lost my way with food again so am back.
This time also doing Cambridge determined to get back to me.

I will be rooting for you xxx

So back from weigh in - another 2 pounds down the drain making it a total of 2 stone in 7 week!

God I love abstinance!!!!

Feeling really good, and going strong, but have felt the last week a bit antsy - I think cause I am home on holiday without work distraction I can spend more time thinking about what I am not eating!! LOL But ne danger of anything tempting me.....in this to win this - so just keep plodding along down the road to my goal.

Hope everyone is doing well. How are you getting on Mel and Laura? :)

xx

Hi BL,

I lost 2 pounds on JUDDD last week and was a STS this one. But I was not drinking my water, and o I will refocus.

Laura is at her lowest weight in over 5 years. She is very pleased.

I am glad you at doing so well. What was your OH's reaction to your losses?

Brilliant loss again Blond well done xx

Hi ladies- I hope you are all well - I have been so busy with work, and home an have been a bit poorly but am OK.

Everything is still going great - 3 more pounds gone this week making a total of 32~! Wahay!!!

I am over the moon!! Mel, Hubby is pleased for me too - he is always suppotive which is so nice.

Few more pounds and I am already HALF WAY there!!! Whooooop!!!

How are you getting on Mel? You have been quiet - I hope you are OK> :)

Blonde Logic said:
Hi ladies- I hope you are all well - I have been so busy with work, and home an have been a bit poorly but am OK.

Everything is still going great - 3 more pounds gone this week making a total of 32~! Wahay!!!

I am over the moon!! Mel, Hubby is pleased for me too - he is always suppotive which is so nice.

Few more pounds and I am already HALF WAY there!!! Whooooop!!!

How are you getting on Mel? You have been quiet - I hope you are OK> :)

Whoop on the loss! So fast and you're nearly half way. I'm so pleased for you.

I'm pretty good. My cast is off (I broke my wrist ice skating Friday the 13th - April) and have started back to aqua fit and doing the 30 Day Shred. Tough going with the shred... I wasn't super fit before the break, but my level of fitness dropped further.

I was trying to JUDDD and did okay the first couple of weeks, but have drifted back into my mostly low carb, low fat and lower calories plan... That seems fine for maintaining but not losing. I am thinking of going with an alternate day VLCD and very low carb on UP days to get into ketosis. The straight alternate day thing meant I was cranky every other day. I am at a bmi of about 27 and do not want to muck about with my slow metabolism with day after day of low (or very low calories).

I'm happy you sound so good.

Your poor wrist - I don't think I remember that?? My memory is really awful these days - it's full of too much stuff at the moment!! I hope the recovry goes quickly and painlessly!! Wrists are tricky healers sometimes!

What is JUDDD?

I am thrilled this is going so well. It is mentally wee bit toughr as I hit the halfway point, but I am still stonklingly committed to seeing this through this time.

Counseling is going well. Its an interesting experience. I have been to counselors before for various things in my life but I really like this one's approach. Plus she is highly trained in dealing with PTSD so that is a blessing for me, so I am feeling the mst positive I have felt in months. Years. Well, 2 years - since moms accident. It's nice - but I am still kind of afraid to say i outloud and jinx it.

How is your friend getting on? I think yuo are wise when you are so close to a healthy BMI not to be too drastic with your body/metabolism. Good luck! :)

xx

Your poor wrist - I don't think I remember that?? My memory is really awful these days - it's full of too much stuff at the moment!! I hope the recovry goes quickly and painlessly!! Wrists are tricky healers sometimes!

What is JUDDD?

I am thrilled this is going so well. It is mentally wee bit toughr as I hit the halfway point, but I am still stonklingly committed to seeing this through this time.

Counseling is going well. Its an interesting experience. I have been to counselors before for various things in my life but I really like this one's approach. Plus she is highly trained in dealing with PTSD so that is a blessing for me, so I am feeling the mst positive I have felt in months. Years. Well, 2 years - since moms accident. It's nice - but I am still kind of afraid to say i outloud and jinx it.

How is your friend getting on? I think yuo are wise when you are so close to a healthy BMI not to be too drastic with your body/metabolism. Good luck! :)

xx

Hi BL,

I may not have mentioned the wrist to you. The cast is off and I am no longer using the wrist brace or other support and I think it is nearly back to 100%. The mobility there and with use I suspect the residual pain (intermittent) will ease. I can do the from the knees push ups, but it is a bit painful to put my weight on the wrist... but not unbearable.

I'm glad the counselling is going well. I never met anyone that I thought would not benefit from a little counselling.

I'm making progress with my commitment to exercise and getting my water in... I stay pretty much low carb, but 100% -- but I am not losing weight.

JUDDD is the Johnson's Alternate Day Diet -- the idea is that because you never go more than 48 hours without enough calories to sustain your weight, you do not impact your basic metabolic rate. So, because you (ideally fast) VLCD every other day or 3 out of four days... you reduce your calories but keep your BMR up. I did lose the first couple weeks when I actually Up and Downed... so I just need to read the book and do it properly.

I was living on less than 1200 to 900 calories a day... for week after week but was not losing anything. My body just made do... it slowed my BMR.

Whhhhooooooooppppppp!!!!!!

Wowee!!! I have a grin from ear to ear that even high grade sandpaper couldn't wipe off!!!

I AM BACK IN ME LEVI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

Not my 32s yet - my 34s - but STILL!!! Have not been in these for a very very long time - slipping htem on was like coming home. :DDD

I am a happy, and laughing out loud, girl. :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<heavy sig of relief with the thought, "It's over" running through my head.>

I made it. :)

Blonde Logic said:
Whhhhooooooooppppppp!!!!!!

Wowee!!! I have a grin from ear to ear that even high grade sandpaper couldn't wipe off!!!

I AM BACK IN ME LEVI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

Not my 32s yet - my 34s - but STILL!!! Have not been in these for a very very long time - slipping htem on was like coming home. :DDD

I am a happy, and laughing out loud, girl. :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<heavy sig of relief with the thought, "It's over" running through my head.>

I made it. :)

Whoop! Goal jeans! Gotta love them! Well done!!!

Wow! That's brilliant! Well done! Have a fab-u-lous day!! Xx

Hola Blonde Logic,
First of all congratulations on those jeans. Just goes to show what a little faith and a little application can achieve for you when your head is in the right place to give it a go.

Just caught up with your diary. Glad to hear that the counselling is doing the job. Tricky thing counselling needs to be the right counsellor, with the right therapy at the right time. Get one thing sorted and then the next layer of the onion arrives at a later point often.

But very glad to hear that the dark cloud is starting to lift. Might be worth looking into that SAD stuff come winter, prevention better than cure maybe.

Have a good day xx

Hey! BL dropped by to see how you are doing and it seems you are doing fab! Really pleased for you. I know only too well how hard it is to get back onto this type of diet plan (or in my case any plan at all!!). VLCD is hard enough first time around but seems to get more difficult each time we re-start. Good good vibes your way to keep you going!

Back