Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

Hey! BL just catching up as I've been away. I agree with Mel you need to follow what the hospital says and fully recover. However, I understand your fears of regaining which is frustrating. I inspect your binge/eating was probably triggered by the boss issues and its certainly what I have done in the past when dealing with stressful situations or when I'm simply worried.

remember food is for nutrition and you need that for your body to heal. Don't feel guilty about having real food although again I relate to your fears about eating triggers eating more (and more than you need as self sabotage). It's so bl**** hard! But you're not alone!

No, she's not!

Happy Sunday, BL.

Hey! BL how are you getting on? Hope things haven't been a struggle and if they have please come back and post and get going again. X

Ditto!

Ditto also! Hope you're ok xxx

Hi ladies - thanks so much for looking out for me. :) I am still out here surviving.....and trying. It has just been busy with hubby gone, and dealing with Muffin - it has all kind of taken up my time- but I am still here. :)

I am back on total abstinance now, as everything seems to have calmed down in the plumbing department after 2 weeks of Step 2. I may have to have a few salads now and again, just to keep things moving, but thats no hardship! :D

I am pretty sure I put a few pounds back on, I am such an all or nothing person, that partial packs/meals is difficult for me. But I am not worried, I willl lose them again - I had to do that to get everything else functioning and it worked. So onward and downward and a bit of extra fibre and I shoud be OK. I started feeling discouraged like I would never be that slim person I worked so hard to be in2008. But I am not giving up.

Muffins been very difficult - I just emailed hubby in California this morning and said I think its time....:( He is back Tuesday. If he wants me to wait for him, I think she will be OK till then, but I think its time. Its going to be very difficult, being my last connection to mom - but on the flipside - mom will get her back now. It will be a bittersweet thing, and I will have to watch my emotions so I don;t start eating to dull it. Thing is, everytime we say "its time" - she bounces back , little stinker, makes it really difficult. But I think she is ready now.

Still no word on if my jerk of a boss has got the sack!! Been over 3 weeks since his 3-month probation review, and we have not seen hide nor hair and there has not been any announcement. There has been an investigation, and I was interviewed - did I tell you that?

So hopefully we will know shortly - I hope what I had to say was enough to get shot of him - I really do. How he could possible even WANT to come back now would be shocking, but he is arrogant enough it would not surprise me. So we are all still holding our breath. He has not one smidgen of respect from anyone. I have never seen our office so full of solidarity on a topic before. It is reassuring because usually its my big yank mouth that says what no one else will say and I get in trouble for it - but now, for a change we are all together.

How are all of YOU doing?? Kira are you sticking to your diet alright? You were on a roll there - I hope its still going. :) Helga - how about you - are you finding resolve and will? I hope so - we are kind of the same with this so hopefully we can help pull each other through hey? And Mel = what is new in your fun and busy life?

Thanks ladies....you are all very special. <3

xxx

Awh! BL so lovely to read your post! Very sad about Muffin she's certainly given it her all.

on the boss front you had mentioned your meeting but not about the outcome so doesn't realise he's not back?! Great the whole office is on board he's cr***! Hopefully they'll get shot of him!

Great the plumbing is working just take on that front ele silly bring back on abstinence. I'm back on track with a few blips since Paris holiday and just getting back into routine. Lost one and a half pounds this week as wasn't fully on S&S. I'm trying to stick with it but due to my PT sessions I have to play it by ear as I can find myself ravenous after a really hard session.

have a great day. X

Morning BL!

Glad to see you posting. Sorry about Muffin, but it's not kind to her or you. And YOU are your connection to your mum.

I'm so hope he doesn't return (your boss). Im sure less stress will help you stick to your plan. 2008-09 was when I was last at goal, too.

I'm back on track and very determined. My "fat clothes" are too tight and I don't want to go through the long cold season(s) in sweat pants.

DD is back at school and I'm back trying to get things done around the house and organizationally. Not a lot of fun to be had here! ;)

Hi everyone,

Well, ....that is always the easy start "Well..." it's what follows is difficult.

We lost out little Muffin last night - we sent her on to The Bridge where she can be reunited with Mom. But it was so hard to let her go, and I miss her so much already. These past several weeks, since the morning she woke up blind and deaf have been so difficiult - stressful and heartbreaking and very trying and emotionally draining. Having that occur on the back of my surgery didn;t help any.

Having her here, following moms death was such a comfort. It was like having mom curled up at the foot of my bed every night. Now that spot is empty and they are both gone - but they are both back together now.

I have been struggling since then, and have managed to let nearly a stone creep back on since July.

I am so sad Muffin is gone, and my house feels so empty, but I think I will be able to start focusing on me again. I am such an emotional eater, and all the connections to Mom and everythign, I jut could not stop picking, and then picking became more and more, then my bottom problems, and havng to eat - then not being able to stop - argh!!! It has been the roller coaster from hell lol

Anyway, my CD asked me if I wanted to "start over" with a new card, etc., and I said no! That I was just continuing....picking up where I fell.

SO hopefully I will get back in the groove and stop this horrible self sabotage.

Sorry for the absence - there may be more but I am here, and hoping you all are finding your ways too.

xx

This is a drive-by post to send you much much love and hugs and all very best wishes. I'm so sorry to hear about Muffin. It must be difficult, now that extra connection has gone. Allow yourself to feel sad and to grieve. It's the most healing thing you can do (hark at me: I've spent YEARS not grieving various losses but am getting better at allowing myself to feel sad than I was). And great idea about carrying on where you left off. Life is a continuum, with all its ups and downs and starting again would kind-of be going against that. You are the sum of all your experiences, good and bad, and you will come through this. Just try to be kind to yourself. If the grief finds a way out through carbs or picking, it's not the end of everything - it's just a phase, a reaction, a comfort. You will find your groove again (in fact I don't think you've ever really lost it, just maybe put it aside because other things in life loomed too large for a while).

xxx

(((((HUGS))))) I'm sorry for your loss, but glad that Muffin is whole again. Your CWPC sounds very good -- I'm glad you're feeling ready to continue.

Morning BL!

Still here. Still sad...though it's getting easier. But still losing. Very slowly because I keep messing around - but at least the past 2 weeks have seen 3 of my regained stupid pounds go again.

xxx

That's progress -- on all fronts!

(((Hugs!!)))) so sorry about the lose of little Muffin BL! I can imagine house empty your house must feel without her.

Spend time on yourself now you are probably overdue "me" time. Don't let panic set in that you have gained a few pounds. I found panic somehow made me gain further! We have to eat something be it real food or vlcd packs! No panic and you'll make the right choices once you are ready to go back on Cd (if you haven't already) x

Happy 2014!

Does anyone know what happened to BlondeLogic? I miss her :(

Does anyone know what happened to BlondeLogic? I miss her :(

I think she was friends with Splenda IRL - you could PM her.

I miss BL, too. She was soooooo inspirational when I did my first VLCD (Lighter Life in 2008).

Me too. I was only lurking in 2008 but she was the same height and goal weight as me and about 3 months ahead. Really helped me visualise what was possible.

She was so honest and her photos were awe inspiring. I hope she is okay.

Back