Blood pressure checks

Jo B

It was time for me to get my BP checked again - now, I get massive white coat syndrome whenever I go to see the doctor to get it done and so it always worries me that it is going to go up.
So, in 8 short weeks it has gone from 150/105 (which horrified me) to 117/75. Makes me a very happy bunny and stops me worrying that I am about to keel over any moment which I did when I initially went to the doctors to get it done. I also think it helps that I can go to a local chemist who is really friendly and ultra supportive of LL.

wow thats fab hun xx

That is fantastic, I also get the white coat syndrome, whereby my bp shoots up, infact just before I started LL, my doc wanted to book me in for an ECG and tests etc. My mom has high BP, and says hers also shoots up in the same situation, so she suggested I go to the chemist and get it done there, which I plan to do because I am due to give my BP in next week.

Jez
xx

Well done Jo, isn't it amazing how quickly it drops? I have been doing Celebrity Slim for 5 weeks now (starting LL on Thursday next week) and my Bp was an deadly 198/142!! It is now down to 145/90 so still pretty high but definitely heading in the right direct and quickly. Keep up the good work.

Polly x

I don't really understand BP. I do know mine went from the high end of normal, ot the low end of normal in about 5 months.

In the end I stopped LL partly because I was getting faint and dizzy a lot, which may have been my bp getting too low, but I've not been for a bp check since (will do that next time at the gp).

Looks like you've had fab weightloss as well as a fab improvement of your bp, well done!

Back