Blood Pressure

Mel R

Hi - I am on week 4 of the diet and I have had problems since day 1 feeling light headed and dizzy. I have had my first check today and my blood pressure has dropped from 128/87 to 73/53 - is this type of drop normal? I had the check done at the local pharmacist, and am wondering whether I need to see my GP - any advice?

Did the Phamacist express any concern that your blood pressure was too low?

I think with things like this you need to get checked out. At least get your BP remeasured. I know that a few weeks back the person taking my BP couldn't really get a reading so estimated and it was way out.

I had mine done again last week and it was 92/58 and the nurse said it was a bit low but may have been because I was poorly.

I would definitely get remeasured/checked out.

Also, are you drinking enough? Dehydration can apparently result in a lower BP

Hi there, It does sound a bit low to me.Did the pharmacist check it while you were sitting and then re-check it when you were standing.I would go to GP just for reassurance.Hope you feel better soon x

Yep - see your GP, not a chemist, to be sure. Seems low, but its awfully early in the diet for you to feel dizzy, etc. That is fairly common but after months of abstainance, or when your body is very close to goal. For piece of mind, I'd see your GP for another reading. :)

Im on week four too hun, and I had mine taken on thur night by a nurse that came to the group and mine was a bit high, cant remember what it was but it was something like 148/97, is that high? (if not ive got my numbers wrong lol) sorry to hijack your thread. Keep us informed on how ya get on when ya get checked out x

Back