Blorpy's Exante Diary

Whee, I'm still on here!

The reason I'm skipping the cardio is

1. I don't like it (lol)
2. I live in a upstairs flat with squeaky floorboards and my heft bouncing around like a loon would probably upset the neighbours :D
3. I've read studies (I'll hunt them out later) which suggest resistance exercise is preferable to cardio on a VLCD. With cardio you'll lose more weight, but you'll also lose more lean body mass and it will have more of a detrimental affect on your base resting metabolic rate when you finish the VLCD. These are of course the standard side-effects of a VLCD but seem to be SLIGHTLY negated by resistance training. Plus I just like it, I like to HURT when I exercise LOL.

My second resolution of the week is to cut down on caffeine. I've just realised I'm on my 3rd massive cup already, whoops!

Yes there's a bit of debate about it, I read that for the length of time people are on VLCD any possible muscle loss would be negligible. I think the benefits of doing cardio outweigh [ if you'll pardon the pun] the negatives, unless you are a professional athlete of course !!! I think the resistance work does negate it and I have to up mine a bit . "The 30 day shred" does both at the same time. Deliberately of course because it is as you say the best way to exercise and lose weight.
The important thing is to move a bit though and keep the old body from seizing up !!!! I too have been drinking too much coffee, I started cutting back last week, cos I was on my third cup before 11 am !!!.I haven't had any side effects, am drinking de -caff tea, to balance it a bit.

I just like the scientific excuse for not doing any cardio. Saying that I do get pretty out of breath doing the core training so I at least get the benefits of that too. Plus I like bouncing around on my gym ball :D

I got these lovely coffee bag/pouch thingies from Sainsbury's - I do love a proper coffee and you can get at least 2 large cups out of each bag, they're a lifesaver!

Nearly time for a vanilla shake - never thought I'd say this about a foodpack, but I REALLY LIKE THEM

Ooh, also, does anyone know where to buy some biooil on the cheap. I get stretchmarks really easily *hmph* and I don't want my existing ones to get any worse :(

10 days in, 10 pounds gone. Yes, I did it again and weighted myself this morning! I really do punish myself, I have my full length mirror with my scales in front, and for maximum effect I weight with minimum clobber, so it's horrific all round.

Mind you, I do seem to be taking better care of myself - perhaps because baths, preening etc is such a good distraction. I need to get some decent fakey tan, I'm properly pale and the OH normally says I smell like curry if I use the one I have now :(

I don't know if Exante will want me advertising this, but I emailed them, and they said if I post my soups back, they'll replace them with shakes.

HOW AMAZING IS THAT?!

I have to say, their customer service is really good. I was tempted to switch to avidlite products after I've used my months worth, but they've been so good, I'd feed bad!

GOTTA GO, GOTTA PEEEEEEEEEEE

Wow!!! well done with your weight loss!! 10lbs AMAZING!!

Like you, I am addicted to weighing myself in the morning. I was so excited at the prospect of loosing weight I got up at 5am to check it. 8lb loss for me and 10lb loss for hubby. It sounds like you are definately in the zone now!!
xx

good for you Blorpy
You do beat yourself up
lol
could you keep yourself busy to stop thinking about food?

I like the total solution becasue it takes food right out of the slimming equation

you don't eat anything else
period
if you are still so hungry, why not go to 4 packs a day?

I think exercise helps with the cravings

Hope you get your head inthe right place soon... (you really don't want the likes of me overtaking you !! -gauntlet thrown down:D )

I AM busy, I do exercise, I drink stacks of water, I've done this before, I'm not having particular cravings, I am PURPLE on the pee-pee sticks and yet I'm still physically hungry.

WAAHHHHHHHH

ps. I'm highly competitive *grabs gauntlet, runs off with it eheheheheheheeeee*

My stomach growled so loudly a kid could hear it across the library!!!!

Whoo
Hoo

Me & Blorpy in a weighing competition

Go Girl
:D
(I am probably only blowing out of my A***, as I am only on day 3
so what do I know- but a little healthy competition can;t be bad)

Reading all of the posts with interest. It's been a very up and down week for you hasn't it Blorpy?? I had a really bad week last week but back in the flow now. Trying not to beat myself up too much.

Why don't you try having 4 packs if your really hungry.

I usually have 4 on a gym/hungry day and 3 if im feeling ok, it does vary from day to day and I think surprising the body with the different calorie intakes will keep the metabolism active. (I read it works on some diets so I can hope)

Keep going girl!!!

Hehe, pee-pee sticks are what Ketostix are known as in my house - As well as being a weigh-a-holic I'm also a pee-a-holic, I guess I just like to have it affirmed that all this money I'm spending is working.

It has been an up and down week - I'm not one of these people who just gets into Ketosis and has no problems. Once I'd lost a bit on LL I maintained using a Ketogenic diet so perhaps my body is quite used to that state.

Anyways I shouldn't complain, it's day 12 and I have now lost 12 pounds! That amount of weightloss is worth a bit of hunger, God knows I've not known proper hunger for a lot of years!

I forced myself into a pair of smaller jeans today, wish I hadn't - the waistband is digging into my flab!

Time for coffee I think!

Ha ha blorpy
I know what you mean about the smaller clothes

"I will suffer, it's a size 10"
lol

you are doing so very well

the desperate gnawing hunger pains soon go off ;-)

this time next week, those pants will fit!!!

Boots
£5.45

Hello!

I'm not dead, it's just half term and seeing as I don't have to be in front of a PC all day, I'm determined not to be!

Middle of week 3, and I have to say I've done POO. I've been cheating big style. It's so silly - having done diets in the past I kind of know how many carbs I can eat while remaining in ketosis and I've been picking picking picking. AND I had a meal on V day.

Let it be known, you can EASILY be in ketosis and not lose weight.

I got back on track a few days ago, and I've reached my milestone of 1 stone WOO!

All this being said, I'm struggling with only eating shakes and bars, I'm contemplating buying some proti-porridge from avidlite, is this me sabotaging myself again?

OK here's some of my thoughts on cheating.

Who are you cheating exactly? Only yourself. Isn't it a huge waste of money to pay out all that cash for diet products then not use them as they are intended to be used?

I'm still doing this diet one day at a time. In my head, I know tomorrow I can stop if I want to and go back to eating "normal" food, but just for today I'm going to make the effort and stick with the packs. When I get up tomorrow, I will tell myself the same thing, that I just need to do this for today.......

....and so far this is working for me. I know I need to lose this extra weight, I definitely want to lose it so just for today I'm going to stick to the diet. Every day so far.

The trouble with "knowing" how much you can eat to stay in ketosis etc is that you get complacent, this (I believe) is why most people can lose a good amount of weight the first time they do ANY kind of diet but never seem to do as well the second (or more!) time around. It's because they think "I'll be OK if I just........" and the list of "just" gets longer and longer as the days go by.

I know you can do this Blorpy. Hell, if I can do it anyone can! I want to see your before and after pictures down the line, and hear how much better you feel about yourself.

So stop letting yourself down and beating yourself up. If you're not going to stick to the diet you may as well bin it, but I know you CAN stick to it..... just for today.........;)

Yea Blorpy
you've been cyberwhacked by Yams

And I agree

c'mon, you CAN do it
you may as well go all out on the ordinary foos & not bother with theexante

come back with yout head in the right place & do it properly
we have all had nightmarish diet stories
and for some of us its last chance saloon

you know you've gotta do it
YOu will be kicking yourself come spring & you want to wear the summer clothes

Blorphy - good luck to you babes. You will get support from this forum and recognition that everyones journey and story is unique and deserving of respect
xx

Back