**Blue_grapefruit** Week 10 WI

19.25lbs is fabby lovely!!
The graph is still going in the right direction and a great visual element.
Congrats again and long may it continue.
XXXX
P.s Hope you and Oli get well soon! XXXX

Afternoon.

Well I'm still fluey and minging but still very much on the diet!! Day 34 today, madness! My weight this morning was 12st 11.5, a lot less than my start weight of 14st 5 eh? I'm 179.5lbs so not only in the 12stone bracket but under 180lbs which makes me feel much better about myself. Numbers, love them!! I'm hoping for another lb loss by Monday but not too bothered by the scales any more tbh. I took some 4 week pics and in my opinion and a few others who have seen the pics there's a difference! I feel slimmer too.

It's quite weird being ill. Definitely points out a big comfort eating trigger for me. I'm fancying bacon sandwiches, salty crisps and rice - all very much illness comfort food. DH is never usually ill and he is MUCH worse off than me with this flu and I'm convinced it's because of the vitamins and minerals I'm getting in my packs. Will defo be looking for soluble vitamins to take when I'm off plan and for him to start taking asap. Ones with a prebiotic would be good too because I've been taking the lighterlife prebiotic fibre supplement and just like when I used to have yakult my eczema is almost gone.

Water intake is good and bought a shed load of different teas to try. Green tea as always is yummy but the Twinnings is the nicer of the ones I've tried. I'm scared to try the three mint one I've just bought as peppermint tea and I don't have a good relationship at all. My mam used to give it to us when we were young to help with sickness. The tea would ALWAYS made me puke then I'd feel better but now I sniff it and instantly wanna vom. Pavlov was definitely onto something! Got some white tea too which I LOVE cold but never tried hot so that'll be fun? lol!

7lbs to the gym, i'm nervous and excited. I'm rambling so I'll bog off (for a while )

I love reading your blog.... I think your whitty and honest love it!
Sorry you're not well though!! x

I love reading your blog.... I think your whitty and honest love it!
Sorry you're not well though!! x

:D Heheheh thanks! I can deal with the sickness for now, I'm feeling slim today ;)

hope u feel beter soon x

Hi ;) glad to see that having flu isn't making you ;)feel down.
I agree with you about the vitamins. I introduced having a multi-vitamin, a fizzy vitamin C and a cod liver oil capsule daily since I got to goal.
I'm not going to tempt fate by telling you how well I've been since reaching goal over 2 years ago now, but it's fab - can hardly remember where my GP Surgery is!
Hope you are better soon. xx

Hey how good is that. I love that you feel slim, that's an awesome result. If u feel that good it's gonna be a fab result. Good luck for the extra lb for Valentine's Day.
XXX

Thanks for stopping by girls ;) Aww Slenda that's great. Your multi vit, is it powdered or tablet? I'm looking for a good powdered one for the future.

Well, i'm an extra -1.75lbs down so YAY! Wonder what my weeks weigh in will be tomorrow. Got a locum standing in for our leader and im nervous :( I'm gunna miss my LLC! How pathetic x

Bluegrapefruit, loving reading your diaries, just realised you started off on the same weight I was when I started!!! In a month your under 13's!!! That's so where I want to be!!! Well done!!

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

Bluegrapefruit, loving reading your diaries, just realised you started off on the same weight I was when I started!!! In a month your under 13's!!! That's so where I want to be!!! Well done!!

You'll be there in 4 weeks too! Tomorrow is week 5 and by my scales im 22.75lbs down xxx

That's what I love about LL you'll almost always lose something if you stick 100% well I hope so anyway!!!!

I'm gunna change my signature to my Lighterlife weights I think, make it more "official" then x

I take a tablet multi- vitamin. Do you think powder is better?
Why - because of swallowing or some other reason? xx

How did group go today gorgeous? Was the locum ok? xx

Morning!

Woke up and thought I hadn't written anything down in a while so thought I'd better change that.

Well it was end of week 5 for me yesterday. My scales showed me at around -4.25lbs loss on Sunday and then yesterday morning was -2lbs loss thanks to a lovely appearance from AF. Evil. Still, it's weird. I had a perfect 28day cycle last month. My period calculator app told me I'd be due on and I was like PFFT whatever!! Here's me still thinking my messed up cycles are all down to the coil etc and then i have a text book cycle. Weird but strangely nice. I miss the days of no periods mind but cant conceive without cycles right? Still means we have to be careful mind cos I really wanna lose weight before TTC.

I digress. Was still off work yesterday from this horrible flu I've been "dying" from. Spent most of the day in bed and thus my water intake was a bit crap. Weighed just before group and it showed the same as Sunday, so stupid AF is just trying to make me miserable. Not going to let her!

Group was good. Was anxious about a locum counsellor being there but to be fair she wasn't that bad. It was nice because she spoke to us about our normal counsellor and I found that a few people share my opinion of her - a great mix of respect, tiniest amount of intimidation (she really keeps me on the straight and narrow), and love for her. My usual counsellor honestly is the MAIN reason I'm doing so well. She is a mind reader too, she instantly knows when there's something wrong and she has a fantastic way with words. I can honestly, hand on heart, say that when i get to management I will defo be going to classes for the rest of my life because the difference she has made in my life is unreal.

Tonight we did something called ego states. We touched on it last week but I didn't really get it but we used examples so it all made sense. Now before I go off on the explanation I have to tell you that Lighterlife counselling is all about changing the way you think and to train yourself to make the right choices. I'm, not 3st+ overweight because I was born like this, it's MY fault I'm fat. I've made the wrong choices in the past. So anyways, this ego state thing is a tool we need to learn to recognise if we are in the right frame of mind to listen to our choices.

(Sorry in advance to the experienced LLers reading this!)

Three ego states: Parent, Adult, Child.

Parent
There are sub ego states here - nurturing parent and critical parent. In both categories there are helpful and unhelpful ego states. For example:
Unhelpful nurturing parent - "Awww you've done so well, you deserve a treat, go on, have one little cake"
Helpful nurturing parent - "Can I help you to stay on your plan?"
Helpful critical parent - "You really shouldn't do that" or "Don't run out into the road"
Unhelpful Critical parent - "You don't need to lose more weight. You look ill"

Adult
The ego state you SHOULD be in to make your own choices. Here you get all the info you need and assess the situation before you act upon it. Most of us are in our adult ego states when we are in work.

Child
Sub ego states here too
Rebellious Child - "No, I don't want to stick to plan, I'm gunna eat this whole cake to myself"
Adapted Child - "My LLC tells me I have to stick to it, so I'm going to"
Free child - Now this is the ego state we spent most of our childhood in, You know when we ran around the house naked? Or went in paddling pools and splashed everywhere? I don't want to use a dieting example because the whole point of free child is not having a care in the world. My best time of this is when I'm crafting or cleaning to loud music singing my head off.

Ok, now this is all a bit "pfft do you believe in that crap?!" Well, yes, now I do actually. 2 months ago I wouldn't have and obviously I've used dieting examples above but the whole point is that when you have a weight problem it's because of a wrong choice. By recognising that you are in the wrong ego state you can help yourself make better choices. I find I'm often the rebellious child but at least I'm trying to do something about it. I think I must have learnt because I'm very much 100% on this diet.

It's the best £70 a week I've ever spent in my life. Cannot wait to be at goal.

Oooh hello Georgie you sexy gorgeousness ;) Was just about to text thee - I will anyway xx

I wondered how tonight went? And hope you are feeling a bit better

Irene xx

Yes thanks lovely lady :) Seriously so PROUD of myself that I stuck to plan while I've been ill. Would have been so easy to lapse but I haven't wanted to.

:bliss::bliss:

Sorry I didn't update last night, got home from class and watched a film with my valentine (ok, that's a bit of a lie, we're both still a bit poorly so the film went on and we romantically fell asleep :cool:)

Hope you're well, Cat is keeping me up to date with your diet progress. Gah we're all gunna be so skinny in the Brum meet! Yay!

Oh and YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially under 13st!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Well done you!

Back