Blue's VLCD journey. I will get to goal.

Blue Butterfly

Gold Member
Well I've been on minis for quite a while now and have tried alot of diets, I was very successful using xenical at the start of 2010 losing over 4 stone in 3 months but that was because I was able to exercise lots.

These days my anxiety pretty much stops me leaving the house most days.
I also have rapid cycling bi-polar so my moods dont help alot of the time!

Anyway I started exante on 1st january 2012, I've already had my first weigh in and I lost 13lbs. I weigh in on a sunday.

I NEED to get this weight off. I hate myself right now, I dont feel good, I hate being fat and my bf will be home in april and I dont want to look like a whale!
2012 will be the year I get to goal.....at least I hope so.

Could really do with some support on my journey so if you fancy stopping by anytime then you're all welcome.

Here's to a slimmer year.
I will lose this weight and I will feel good about myself.

Claire x

I forgot to add my stats in my first post!

I started at 312lbs - 22st 4lbs
I want to get to 150lbs - 10st 10lbs
So I need to lose - 162lbs - 11st 8lbs.....that's ALOT of weight to lose.

But I've lost 13 lbs already so that's 10st 9lbs left to lose :)

Amazing first loss! I started Slim and Save on Wednesday, at 14st 7lb and I just jumped on the scales today at 14st 2lb! Very happy with that.

Thank you both for your replies (no one else seems to want to talk to me in this part of the forum :( feel like a billy-no-mates!)

And well done minimoosh on your loss, vlcd's are great for fast results, that's why I chose one.

Hello im exante also.. :) well done on your loss wow x

Thank you both for your replies (no one else seems to want to talk to me in this part of the forum :( feel like a billy-no-mates!)

And well done minimoosh on your loss, vlcd's are great for fast results, that's why I chose one.

I'm a lurker! I post everywhere at random :D though some sections do seem less busy than others! I'm really keen on getting this support as the diet I'm on has no counceller or meetings like others have. All alone! No one I know in real life is doing this right now.

Hey,
Good luck to you. 13lbs is an amazing start. Never tried a complete meal replacement diet before. Doing a partial one, where I get snacks and a meal at the end of the day. Working ok for me just now. I know how you feel about not liking the way ur body is. I hate carrying around all this excess weight and my feet hurt like hell! I'm sure its just coz I'm so heavy. Not going to the docs about it though as when ever you have anything wrong with yourself when ur overweight, the docs always say loose some weight and it will get better! - Sorry for the rant

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

@Danii, thank you. Hope your exante journey is a smooth one!

@MiniMoosh that's exactly how I feel...all alone! I've only told one person out of my friends and family that I'm doing exante so no support although if they knew they'd suport me but I want to keep going til someone notices then I'll tell them!

@shona, urgh I totally understand about the not wanting to go to doctors while you're bigger.
Every time I go things get blamed on my weight. When I've lost weight they'll have to start actually doing their jobs and finding out what is wrong with me when I get ill/aches and pains!
It annoys me that they blame stuff on my weight though when I've had tests (have them every year) and my blood pressure, cholesterol etc are all normal.

It's week 2 weigh in today and I've just lost 4 lbs.
I'm a teeny bit disappointed because with so much to lose I thought I would have lost more but that's still 1 stone 3 lbs in 2 weeks :D

4lb is an amazing loss still, week 2 is harder I think well all your water weight is gone so all this is fat! I used to have two bags, one with tins in equivelant of what I want to lose then add it to the other as I lost. You'd be suprised at what 4lb actually weighs! And in fat!

I kind of want to tell my mum what I'm doing. I know she did CD and Slimfast when I was a child but it was just something mum did, you know? Never made a fuss or talked to me about it. I kind of want to get her on board to help but on the other hand what if she says oh no don't do it, I never lost, I got ill etc.

I told her before Christmas that i was dieting again but I just said I was doing RC again which did work before but was a lot slower and demotivating! Plus I can't get to class now so pretty sure I would last a month or two then give up.

Hey, well done on your weight loss. Thats a great result after only 2 weeks!

Isnt it funny that no matter where you live docs are the same!

Keep up the good work x

hi

Congratulations on your weight loss - 17lbs in 2 weeks is amazing. but i do know what you mean I have a similar amount to lose and no matter what my weekly weight loss in I sometimes get disappointed. I lost 2st 5 from May last year on xenical and weightwathchers but put 12lbs back on in November/December when I fell off the wagon. Like you I was only getting weight loss through alot of exercise and diet and xenical. When I had so much to lose it became very disheartening losing say 2lbs a week when putting in so much time and effort - it just seemed like such a long journey. I am on day 6 of exante and while I have found it really hard but the fast weight loss seems totally worth it. It is my weigh in tomorrow but had a sneaky peak this morning and it was 12lbs. So fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the replies everyone.
Kelstar sounds like you're going to have a huuuuuge, fantastic first weeks loss :)

@MiniMoosh, I wont be telling my mum or anyone else this time round. My mum used to do all the diets under the sun too but never stuck to anything so when I tell her I'm about to diet she just rolls her eyes, maybe she thinks because she didn't succeed nother can I....but I can, and I will!

@MiniMoosh, I wont be telling my mum or anyone else this time round. My mum used to do all the diets under the sun too but never stuck to anything so when I tell her I'm about to diet she just rolls her eyes, maybe she thinks because she didn't succeed nother can I....but I can, and I will!

Well... last night I called home (I live 300 miles away from my family so call fairly often) and asked mum how she was, how her own diet is going- she's diabetic and has a few conditions, I do worry. Got round to CD as I knew she had done it. She was all for it! Said she lost 3 and a half stone on it. So I did tell her, we talked about it and she is very supportive. However she is attepting to lose weight herself so I don't want to be in-your-face with my losses...

It's really good that I have someone on my side who I know won't give me grief over how healthy a VLCD is or if I fail. However she is the only person I'm telling- I have good friends who will either think it unhealthy or be jealous if I do succeed. And the rest of my family, no way! I'm glad i do have this forum though, need a bit of support!

MiniMoosh that is fantastic news, I'm so pleased you have your mum for support while on your diet.
Now you know she's losing weight too you can encourage each other. x

Jacalou good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, first weigh ins are always the best!
I have a long way to go too, take it one day at a time and you'll get there.
If I kept thinking about how I probably wont eat any 'real' food til near the end of the year I'd freak out!
So one day at a time :)

I know what u mean. If I thought how far I had to go everyday I would crumble. I have do much to lose that it seems unachievable. But one small goal at a time. Hope u are having a good week x

Back