BMI and SS and SS+ diet!

Norwaygirl

I read somewhere that you can't use the SS and SS+ diet when you have BMI of 25 or less? Is that true? As you can see from my ticker, I'm not far from BMI 25... Do I have to stop the diet when my BMI is redused??? :(

Hej hej Norwaygirl.... (im from Sweden)

According to the booklet you should not SS when BMI is under 25, but you dont have to stop the diet just move up the plans. Losses are still really good on higher plans apparently.

However, it does seem that a few cdc's are turning a blind eye to ppl whose bmi is under 25 and still allow them to SS. That's a response I got yesterday and it seems true as one of my friends continued SSing until a bmi of 22!!!

Hope this helps a bit.

Hei Penpen! Tack så mycket (thanks a lot) for your answer! ;) My CDC haven't said a thing about my BMI. I think I have to discuss this with him the next time I meet him! I want to continue with this diet untill I reach my goal! I hope I can do that!!!

Can anybody tell my WHY a person with a BMI under 25 shouldn't do the SS and SS+?

i think it's because your body no longer has the amount of fat it needs to sustain you and your body could go into starvation mode. also you need time to reintroduce yourself to food and work up the plans so that you don't revert back to old habits when you're done and dusted...

once you are at bmi 25 you'll be fairly close to goal and i've heard that you still get great losses on all of the plans. but mainly i think it's to retrain you in how you eat etc...

abz xx

I don't see why anyone would want to SS past BMI 25.

My BMI was 27 and I started SS+.
My losses for the past fortnight on SS had been 3 lbs/week, and my first week on SS+ I have lost 4 lbs!

Hej hej Norwaygirl.... (im from Sweden)

According to the booklet you should not SS when BMI is under 25, but you dont have to stop the diet just move up the plans. Losses are still really good on higher plans apparently.

However, it does seem that a few cdc's are turning a blind eye to ppl whose bmi is under 25 and still allow them to SS. That's a response I got yesterday and it seems true as one of my friends continued SSing until a bmi of 22!!!

Hope this helps a bit.

CDC's should not be doing this as it goes against Government guidance and Company policy.

No-one should be on SS or SS+ below a BMI 25 the programme Norwaygirl should be on is 810 which she can continue on for a while.

Please discuss this with your CDC.

Can someone tell me abour the 810 program? It's different program in Norway I think...

My CDC said that I could be on the SS for three weeks maximum (probably because of my BMI that wasn't very high to begin with.. I started this diet at 75 kilos...), and then I have to move slovly to another program. I have been to my doctor asweell and she said the same thing... hmmmm....

What do you booklets advise you in Norway it could be the programmes are different in line with your country's rules and regulations

This is what it says in my book about 810:

3 Cambridge Diet meals
340ml skimmed milk
3 tbsp of vegetables and salads,which are green salad leaves such as rocket,lamb's lettuce,watercress,raddiccio,little gem or romaine lettuces,
celery,cucumber or red radishes,courgettes,marrows,spinach,kale,turnip,taro tops,pak choi, chinese cabbage,broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage,even pickled,asparagus,fennel,celeriac and mushrooms

One of the protein rich options, which are
250gr plain cottage cheese,325gr reduced fat cottage cheese,175gr chicken breast without skin/fat,175g turkey breast,275g white fish fillet,260g canned tuna in water drained,190g fresh tuna steak,275g quorn pieces/mince

and now that i've typed all this I'm sure several ppl have beat me to it :D

What do you booklets advise you in Norway it could be the programmes are different in line with your country's rules and regulations

It says that as long as you're healthy you can use SS (as long as your BMI is over 21!) for a maximum of three weeks, then you have to do a slow upgrade to a combined diet:
Day 1 3 shakes + 100 g protein
Day 2 3 shakes + 100 g protein + some vegetables
and so on... untill you reach the so called platemodel

It's three steps in the combined diet:
Step 1: 3 shakes + 1 platemodel
Step 2: 3 shakes + 2 smaller platmodels
Step 3: 3 shakes + 2 platemodels a day

My CDC adviced me to do three weeks SS and then slovly move to a combined diet. First step 1, then 2, then 3. He says that I should use quite some time on this and that I will reach my goal as I move upwords to a higher kcal intake..

Does this make any sense? Or should I switch CDC!??!!

I have to add that I startet this diet with a higher BMI! ;) I had never ever in my life thought that I would reach this BMI this quickly!!!

Hmm the 810 is going to be impossible for me. I can't drink milk and I dont like and of the veg/salad listed.

what's a platemodel hon?

abz xx

Imagine a plate and then fill it with 2/4 vegetables, fruits etc, 1/4 with potatoes, rice, bread, pasta (carbs) and 1/4 with meat, fish, seafoos, egg etc ;)

Back