BMI issues

Thanks slimma :)

hiya hun I totally agree with you I am also 5'2" and cant pictur myself nywhere near 8-9st its all about how you feel and not what the chart says
personally if I get to 12st I will be cartwheeling naked down the high st LOL
get there see how you feel then make a decsion

all the best your doing great

Thanks frag :)
I think too that that weight is a little extreme!
Have spoken to a few people and they say dont follow the bmi chart to the rule!

My brother is 5'2 and obese - but he is a marine and is full of muscle so he just laughs at the bmi and told me not to worry! lol

I'm glad you posted this hun,as i have been having the same thoughts too!

My aim is just under 12 stone,but i will still be classed as over weight according to my bmi!!

I too can never imagine myself stick thin,i have always been broad and hopefully with my target i will be comfy. I will never be a size 10 and truthfully i don't want to be. I just want to be happy within myself and that's a start.

Go with what you feel is right for you and ignore the bmi index,if your happy that's the main thing ;)

BMI's are BOBBINS!!! (love the technical term or what??). My BMI shows 26 which is overweight, but my body fat is in the healthy column....nearer to the low end rather then high end. BMI doesn't take lots of things into account....a guy at my gym is built like a barn door (all muscle) yet his BMI takes him into obese on the chart. He does not have one ounce of fat on him and is one of the fittest guys I know. BMI is a guide only and if you are happy at 12stone then good that is up to you hun.xx

I would say stop at the weight you are comfortable at, at the end of the day, bmi is just a number, we are all built differently with different bone sizes etc.

You could always stick to 12 stone for a while and if you did not feel happy enough drop down a little more, maybe half a stone at a time.

Jo x

Back