BMI of 25 and cambridge diet

Moisy

Hi there,
Was chatting to a friend today telling her about the diet and she was saying that with Cambridge diet you are not allowed to stay on 3 packs only when your BMI gets to 25. She wasn't really clear about why but thought it wasn't good for you to do so. Has anyone else heard this? If so, is that the same on this diet? Does anyone know why it would be considered dangerous?
I did Cambridge diet years and years ago and they didn't tell me that then! :rolleyes:

Thanks! x

Well to do SS you need to have a BMI of 25 PLUS a stone to lose. I wouldn't have thought that its going to make you keel over or anything but such a drastic measure of 500 odd calories a day is not necessary when you have a normal BMI or just a few lbs to shed.

You could certainly follow one of the higher steps but that seems to me to be chucking money away.

Dr John Briffa makes the most sense to me, diet wise, so have a google of him.

I did the CD diet myself and lost a fair few stone taking me to 9 stone and even now , if I put in a lb or 2 I still feel the old familiar lure of CD so I know what it's like! Far better to educate yourself with regard to a healthy eating plan , cut the carbs and stop eating sugar: THAT is what drops fat and keeps you at goal

Hi moisy, the 2 previous times I did TFR I carried on with the 3 packs a day til I was 11stone (a stone lighter than I am now) and I'm in the normal BMI section at the moment! So I carried on and it didn't do me any harm!

Back