BMI same as my age!!

I’ve stayed on track today but I’m feeling a bit stuffed. I made the Pinch of Nom bolognese bake for dinner and it had a lot of pasta in it which has left me feeling over full and tired. If I make it again I’ll leave out the pasta, because it made the dish really stodgy.

I’ve got a holiday coming up next month. On my last holiday I left most of my shorts behind because they were far too big on me. So the time has come to order some new, smaller ones. I ordered them in size 20 and, although they’re tight at the moment, they should fit perfectly in another month.

I’m really pleased as that means I’ve gone down two or three dress sizes now. It’s definitely working!

Another successful day. Porridge with fruit for breakfast, cheesy quiche and salad for lunch, the rest of yesterday’s bolognese bake for dinner.

I’m finding the evening slot a bit easier this week, as I’m a bit less hungry generally.

Both children had friends to play this evening so earlier on I did feel like scoffing a massive bar of chocolate, but luckily the additional children have left and I’m less stressed now so don’t feel the need to cheat.

I’ve gone down four notches on my belt now, so that’s probably about 20cm off my waist.

Still on track, no cheating. I don’t feel like I’ve lost anything this week but the scales in three days’ time will reveal all.

I’ve made a few more recipes from the Pinch of Nom cookbook. The chicken parmigiana was nice and eaten by husband and children, although next time I’ll halve the sauce and the quantity of breadcrumbs.

The breakfast muffins were fine - just standard crustless quiche.

I’ve prepped BBQ chicken for tomorrow’s lunch (plus extra for the freezer) and tonight I’m making the Singapore fried rice.

Today I’m wearing jeans and a top that haven’t seen the light of day for a few years so that’s progress.

Today I had the Pinch of Nom Mexican pancakes for breakfast. I enjoyed it, and it’s a good way to introduce nutrients I wouldn’t normally have at breakfast (mixed beans.) Also I usually end up using up my Healthy Extra B at breakfast so it’s nice to keep it for later in the day. The children were less impressed so I’ll stick with it for myself in future.

Lunch was Pinch of Nom BBQ chicken, which was very nice but took double the amount of time to cook as the book said. I had it with steamed green beans and a baked sweet potato.

Dinner is going to be turkey casserole (frozen from a previous cooking session) because I haven’t had chance to make the stuffed meatballs I was planning and have now lost the will to live, so it’s either that or Dominos.

After today just one more day until weigh in. I really don’t feel like I’ve lost anything this week but we’ll see. It would be nice to lose a couple of pounds at least.

Oh god I really want to cheat. It’s not because I’m hungry - I’ve just eaten dinner. Can’t go to bed yet as it’s only 8pm. Everyone out except me so no one to curb me going to the kitchen where there’s a whole packet of hot cross buns calling my name.

Resist. I know it’s hard but it will be worth it.

I’ve resisted buying hot cross buns so far - I love them toasted with lots of butter.:eating:
I did!! I switched on an episode of “How to lose weight well” and focussed on other people losing weight, and it did the trick. The hot cross buns are still in their packet. And I did not buy them, there’s no way I’d bring them into the house because I know I find them hard to resist.

That's a really good idea - I was in on my own one evening last week and watched a programme (cant remember it's name) about people who had weighed 600lbs or over. It was revisiting two particular people to see how they had got on. Both had experienced temptation and regained some of the weight. One was mortified by this and immediately got right back on it. She got down to well under 200lbs and the transformation was incredible. I was quite inspired.

Weigh in is tomorrow morning. I don’t feel like I’ve lost anything and although I haven’t cheated once this week, I have been having more carbs in the form of pasta, rice and potato. So that will probably have slowed down my loss. I hope the result isn’t too disappointing though.

I’m wondering whether lots of SW groups may disappear due to coronavirus. If there are a few months of lots of people having a couple of weeks off sick, maybe even the leader being ill, and possibly people avoiding big groups, then I imagine lots of leaders will go out of business. I’m sure they still have to pay for hall rental etc even when meetings get cancelled. I hope my one remains - I need the accountability of someone else recoding my weight each week, otherwise I keep planning to restart ‘tomorrow.’

I almost joined a gym (the local leisure centre one, but still £45 a month so pretty expensive) recently and I’m now glad I didn’t. I don’t fancy swapping germs on exercise machines and in changing rooms with half the town.

My main worry about the diet is that if I do get at all ill, eating salad will probably be the last thing I fancy. Luckily if I’m self isolating I won’t be able to nip to Asda for a tub of ice cream, but I could still do some serious damage by comfort eating pasta. Maybe I’ll not feel up to eating for a few days - that would be a silver lining! (I’m saying this in a jokey manner, I realise there are people who are really ill.)

I will be back after the weigh in to record how I got on...

Another 4lb off this week. Just 4lb more to go and I’ll be back where I was six weeks ago before I went off the rails.

I have three more weigh ins before I go on holiday and I want to be in the 15s before I go, so I need to lose 3.5lb a week for the next three weeks. So there’s no room for slip ups!

Sliced mushrooms were on special offer at the supermarket so I bought three packs (50p each!) and cooked them up with some sad celery and spring greens that were languishing in the fridge with no purpose, as well as some chilli and onion. Then I cooled it, divided it between containers, and added two beaten eggs to each container. They’re now in the freezer ready to make quick and easy breakfast muffins with over the coming weeks.

I also prepped the Pinch of Nom stuffed meatballs recipe for tomorrow night’s dinner (plus an extra two portions for the freezer.)

Carrying on with my “prep like a boss” mission, I’ve turned some over-ripe bananas into pancake mixture (by adding eggs and flour) for tomorrow’s breakfast, plus some extra portions for the freezer.

If only I was this organised all of the time, I’d never go off track with the diet! (Well, actually, I might.)

Hey - just found your diary. Entertaining!
Keep on going! I have made sure I have got about 2 weeks worth of CD packets in case of self isolation!

Oh heck! Well, I have not been a saint during lockdown. Very much eating and drinking my feelings. Ice cream has been involved. Quite a lot of wine. Bread. I could go on. The upshot is I’ve gained a stone and a half and my BMI is back above 40 yet again!

Today I’m drawing a line under it and am back following SW. My leader is doing online meetings so I’m going to try that tomorrow - I’ve got eight weeks free left over from the payments I made before lockdown, so I may as well give the meetings a whirl. I’m not sure if they’ll be my cup of tea - I’m not massively keen on ‘group participation’ - but don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

I haven’t had the virus yet and am suitably scared that it affects overweight people far more than healthy people. So I’m back on the diet partly because otherwise I’ll have no clothes that fit, but also because I don’t want to die.

As always, the first day on a diet is hard. My body is not best pleased that its steady drip of biscuits, chocolate and toast has been cut off and I’m feeling very hungry.

Luckily I’ve still got some of my pre-lockdown cooking in the freezer. Today I started with pancakes with mango, pear, orange and watermelon, plus two cups of tea.

Mid morning I was mega hungry so had a cuppa soup. Then quorn sausage and lentil casserole for lunch. Followed by a glass of diet Fanta for pudding. Not ideal perhaps in terms of health, but it dealt with a sweet craving.

For dinner I’m planning steak with spinach and green beans.

My exercise has gone down massively during lockdown, as I’m no longer walking every day or running around the house (house work has taken a back seat to homeschooling.) So I also need to sort my fitness out. However, baby steps, this week I’ll focus on getting the food right, and next week I’ll worry about getting fitter.

Hey - just found your diary. Entertaining!
Keep on going! I have made sure I have got about 2 weeks worth of CD packets in case of self isolation!
Thank you Zippy - I hope you’re surviving the lockdown.

I survived the tricky day one - often the day I fail by the evening, deciding to restart the next day, then the next day, then the next day...

I did turn to eating pickled onions and pickled gherkins out of the jar mid afternoon when my willpower flagged and I needed something in my stomach to get me through until dinner.

Despite having a late night in front of the TV, where my mind kept turning to the possibility of a snack, I didn’t crumble.

Therefore I’m feeling better about my food choices and more confident in my ability to stick to it.

Today has started with breakfast muffins (eggs, mushrooms, spring greens, chilli) - the last of a batch I made for the freezer ahead of lockdown. Plus melon and orange and two cups of tea.

For lunch I’m planning BBQ chicken (a pinch of Nom recipe made for the freezer before lockdown) with veg. Dinner will be a small jacket potato with beans and cheese ahead of my first SW online meeting.

Thank god for freezers. Thank god I went batch cook crazy ahead of lockdown. It’s making my week very easy this week. Next week I’ll have to fit in cooking.

My first SW online meeting wasn’t as bad as I expected. In fact it was actually way better than the face to face meetings. No waiting around for ages while people get weighed, no needing to clap for 50 different people who each lost half a pound, no need to drive anywhere, no feeling obliged to take part in a raffle to win food you don’t want.

Plus, you know, all the weigh ins can be done as soon as you get up, before you eat and drink, without clothes, so there’s none of the faffing about of making sure you eat/drink/wear the same as the previous weigh in.

Having said that, I don’t think it’s sustainable in its current format. The leader can’t be making any money. There were seven people at the meeting compared to around 50 at the face to face meeting. She said head office had said no face to face meetings will resume until at least Nov/Dec so I’m sure it won’t be worth her while to keep it going until then, especially now she’s not able to upsell cookbooks and chocolate bars, which probably give her more money than weigh in fees. I feel really sorry for her.

I’ve lost 4lb in my first two days back on SW. Just one more and my BMI will be back below 40 (yay, obese! Not morbidly obese!)

Which is, let’s face it, more important than ever at the moment. Looking at the statistics, every pound I lose will put me in a better position to fight the virus if I get it.

I’m terrified of being in the position where my children lose their mother simply because she loved doughnuts more than she loved her children. That’s the stark reality.

Also there’s some research that says obese people spread the virus for longer. I don’t want to be shunned at the school gates or talked about on WhatsApp groups by other mums, as being a high risk to them and their children.

Or, god forbid, accidentally spread the virus to my elderly relatives or my children because I couldn’t control myself around a loaf of bread. Pretty pathetic.

Anyway, I’m pleased with my weight loss so far. Today’s menu is banana porridge plus two cups of tea; sweet chilli chicken salad plus fruit; steak and vegetables.

Just half a pound off today. I was a bit disappointed, but it has brought my BMI down below 40 again. Hooray, I’m obese!

I was reading about the science of the virus yesterday, how fat cells produce the thing the virus attaches to in the body. So if I have half a pound fewer fat cells today, that’s reduced my risk from the virus a tiny bit. Every little helps, as Mr Tesco says.

I’ve just had a treat breakfast (treat as in really nice, still zero syns) of a full English. I had fried eggs, bacon medallions, beans, mushrooms and tomato. That will certainly keep me filled up!

Lunch is sweet chilli chicken salad, the same as yesterday (there’s still half a pack of chicken and half a pack of salad leaves to use up.) Then I’ll have some fruit and Babybel when I get hungry in the afternoon (HXA.)

Dinner is Crack Chicken, a slow cooker SW recipe I found online. It’s not that great but I batch cooked a load of it, so I’m using up the final portion.

I felt very low and lethargic for most of yesterday. The lockdown is getting very samey. My children were in a foul mood. Getting them to do any school work is becoming harder by the day. And I feel massively guilty about that. I’m failing them. And the guilt feels like it’s best dealt with by eating ice cream. But I did manage to get some work out of them, and turn the downward spiral of emotions into a slightly upward one. I don’t know why I’m complaining, it’s not like I’m a key worker facing real issues. But it still feels quite tough some of the time.

I know that feeling but you did awesome, anything off in these lockdown times is excellent! Well done you.

I thought I'd sussed your secret to losing weight with that crack chicken *nudge nudge* 🤣

I love the way you put everything down, like me! It's nice to know I'm not on my own in my crazy! You're right though, it is a complete shift in everything that we were doing as people. I wasn't a full time teacher before! Now I have about 4 different full time occupations but only one that pays! It's great that you can spin the positive, it's not easy but you did well to resist the ice cream!

Back