BMI same as my age!!

My first SW online meeting wasn’t as bad as I expected. In fact it was actually way better than the face to face meetings. No waiting around for ages while people get weighed, no needing to clap for 50 different people who each lost half a pound, no need to drive anywhere, no feeling obliged to take part in a raffle to win food you don’t want.

Plus, you know, all the weigh ins can be done as soon as you get up, before you eat and drink, without clothes, so there’s none of the faffing about of making sure you eat/drink/wear the same as the previous weigh in.

Having said that, I don’t think it’s sustainable in its current format. The leader can’t be making any money. There were seven people at the meeting compared to around 50 at the face to face meeting. She said head office had said no face to face meetings will resume until at least Nov/Dec so I’m sure it won’t be worth her while to keep it going until then, especially now she’s not able to upsell cookbooks and chocolate bars, which probably give her more money than weigh in fees. I feel really sorry for her.

Were you going to groups before? How do the virtual groups work then?! Tell me more, I'm trying to decide how to sign up - Online or Virtual.

Were you going to groups before? How do the virtual groups work then?! Tell me more, I'm trying to decide how to sign up - Online or Virtual.
I was going to groups before. But none of the people in my virtual group were in my face to face group. I liked the accountability of a weekly weigh in but didn’t love the endless sitting about waiting and endless going around the circle listing every single person’s weight loss.

The virtual group is done via Zoom. We individually weigh ourselves and send our weight to the leader ahead of the meeting. I thought it would be rubbish but actually found myself enjoying it. There were fewer people so it was more of a laugh, and I still got the accountability I need of an actual person recording my weight.

I’ve done online SW in the past but didn’t stick with it because telling a computer my weight loss didn’t motivate me to keep going.

I was going to groups before. But none of the people in my virtual group were in my face to face group. I liked the accountability of a weekly weigh in but didn’t love the endless sitting about waiting and endless going around the circle listing every single person’s weight loss.

The virtual group is done via Zoom. We individually weigh ourselves and send our weight to the leader ahead of the meeting. I thought it would be rubbish but actually found myself enjoying it. There were fewer people so it was more of a laugh, and I still got the accountability I need of an actual person recording my weight.

I’ve done online SW in the past but didn’t stick with it because telling a computer my weight loss didn’t motivate me to keep going.
Thanks! I think I feel the same way as you about telling a computer my weight and I feel that the accountability from a person is what I need. Thanks for the help.

I stayed exactly the same today. Not even a quarter of a pound. A bit disappointing. But looking back at yesterday I did go a bit mad with the carbs. I had broad beans, peas, beetroot, banana, baked beans, grapes. All in all a rather starchy/sugary day, which never does me any favours.

Therefore today I’m going to watch more carefully what I eat.

Breakfast is smoked salmon, scrambled egg, two kiwi fruit and two cups of tea.

At lunchtime we’re having a BBQ so I’m going to have two burgers (I estimate that will be all my syns for the day) without bread rolls, use my HXA on a slice of cheese for one of them (I’ve already used the other one on my tea.) I’m going to have a mini corn on the cob (very starchy but I’ll count it as my unofficial HXB) and some fried onions. A lot better than last weekend’s BBQ where I had bread and sausages and shop-bought coleslaw. Followed by several ice lollies...

For dinner I’m planning some baked chicken with broccoli and spinach.

I may not have lost weight yesterday but I’m definitely making healthier choices than a week ago. Even if it doesn’t make a difference on the scales it will still be making a massive difference to the nutrients my body is getting, which can only be a good thing in terms of fighting off infection.

Plus I’ve had zero alcohol this week, whereas last week I drank nearly every day. Again, that’s got to help my immune system. Baby steps in the right direction to be in the best position I can if/when I get the virus.

Argh!! I stayed the same again! Same actual quarter pound. How is that even possible with fluctuations in water etc? Why oh why oh why! 😱

Fingers crossed I’ll see a move on the scales tomorrow. Sod’s law it’ll go up as retribution for me being such a drama queen about it 😂

Not sure what I’m eating today, the plans have gone awry a bit. Probably lamb for dinner, some kind of egg and pork thing from the magazine for lunch. So far tea for breakfast.

I really want 7lbs off this week and still have 3.5 to go in three days. It doesn’t look massively likely.

But still, down is better than up. Veg is better than cake. Water is better than wine. Baby steps.

Phew, the scales moved! Another 1.5lb off, yay! More physical activity (housework) than recently leaves 2lb to go if I am to meet my hope of 7lb off in first week and a day back on SW. In two days’ time. That’s unlikely to happen now, but you never know.

Last night I ripped out lots of recipes from the SW magazines and put them in a folder to use as a recipe book. My stash of freezer SW recipes is pretty much used up so I need some new things to try.

Today’s menu plan is overnight oats with strawberries and orange for breakfast; pork bolognese for lunch (I’ll add pasta for the children and husband but avoid it myself,) and no idea for dinner. I better have a rummage in the freezer!

Another half a pound off today. I think I got my maths wrong yesterday and I only need another half pound tomorrow to have lost 7lb in my first week back on SW. It’s not very likely by tomorrow but you never know. And I’ll still be happy with 6.5lb.

Yesterday I managed to ignore the siren call of the pasta I made my family at lunchtime (and the lure of the garlic bread I served them) and stuck to the bolognese with my weighed portion of grated cheese.

I then had ratatouille with steamed fish for dinner, so a really healthy day. I felt proud of myself for making good choices.

Today I’ve had overnight oats with strawberries for breakfast. For lunch I’m planning to have ratatouille with steamed fish again (I found three bags of frozen ratatouille hiding in the bottom of the freezer when I had a rummage yesterday.) Then for dinner it’s a pork and apple burger (so that’ll be all my sins for the day) with a bit of cheese and some vegetables. Husband will have bread rolls and chips with his burgers, so that will keep him happy.

I also planned out all meals for the coming week and did the online food shopping order yesterday, so I should have everything I need to stay on track this week.

Feeling good!

It’s hard tonight. There’s some chocolate in the fridge belonging to the children. It’s calling my name. I think because I’m stressed about all the school info (my children aren’t in the year groups going back first, home schooling seems endless) and turning to food to deal with stress.

I’m so glad I didn’t cheat last night. Another pound off today! So I’ve beaten my goal for the week by losing 7.5lb in my first week back on SW. I’m more than happy with that.

My goal for the week ahead is 2lb. Hopefully that’s easily achievable even with a big loss this week.

Today is going to be tough. Both children are in foul moods, there’s a lot of home schooling lined up for the day that they’re not going to want to do, and I had hardly any sleep last night (up worrying about virus-related stuff.)

Sending hugs! It's not easy in these times but you need to remember that you ARE smashing this! Chin up and stay positive, you're doing great!
Thank you. I may smash the children rather than any goals at this rate! 😂😬

Today feels like a healthy day.

Breakfast was pancakes (made of egg and banana) with forest fruits, plus tea.

Lunch was ratatouille and steamed fish, with butternut squash and cauli rice.

Dinner was Ryvita with smoked salmon, cottage cheese, red pepper. Plus sugar-free jelly.

I have my second virtual SW meeting tonight which I’m actually quite looking forward to.

Yummy! I love those pancakes! Did the children survive?
Let us know how this meeting goes and if it's the same people as last week too x
I ended the day with the same number of children I started with, which is always a parenting win. The less said about the homeschooling the better though!

Another pound off today! I wasn’t expecting that, if anything I thought I might put on because yesterday’s loss was a surprise Brucey bonus. But no, another happy pound of virus-attracting flesh is no more.

So I’m already half way to this week’s goal of losing 2lb, with six days to go! That should be easy peasy.

Last night’s SW zoom meeting was fun. A few more faces. The leader still can’t be making any money though, poor thing.

Today’s menu is porridge with berries for breakfast; jacket potato with cheese and beans for lunch; lamb chops with veg for dinner.

I am feeling good about myself today (despite the fact I still can’t do up my jeans.)

I’ve stayed the same today. I’m quite happy with that after my run of losses.

I felt quite depressed yesterday (about the virus, not about SW) so I’m glad I didn’t gain today and add to my feelings of despondency.

Today’s menu is muesli with yogurt and fruit for breakfast; ham, cheese and tomato omelette with salad for lunch; and pork bolognese for dinner.

I’ve eaten more fruit and veg in the past week and a half than I did in the entire seven weeks of lockdown prior to that. I don’t know whether that’s having a positive impact on the inside yet, but it’s certainly making me feel virtuous on the outside.

I’ve stayed the same today. I’m quite happy with that after my run of losses.

I felt quite depressed yesterday (about the virus, not about SW) so I’m glad I didn’t gain today and add to my feelings of despondency.

Today’s menu is muesli with yogurt and fruit for breakfast; ham, cheese and tomato omelette with salad for lunch; and pork bolognese for dinner.

I’ve eaten more fruit and veg in the past week and a half than I did in the entire seven weeks of lockdown prior to that. I don’t know whether that’s having a positive impact on the inside yet, but it’s certainly making me feel virtuous on the outside.
Well done, you've been doing great

Another depressed day. I can’t seem to get myself out of this fug. It led to me adding some things to my online shopping order I wouldn’t normally have - some reduced fat chocolate cereal bars and some weight watchers frozen desserts, plus flavoured yogurts.

I haven’t been tempted by them yet but I know the time will come when I stress-eat the lot in one sitting. It’s just better for me not to have those kinds of things in the house.

I’ve stayed on plan today. I didn’t cave to adding mayo to my salad at lunchtime, and didn’t add rice to my chilli this evening, or have an extra portion of cheese even though I really fancied it. And after I’d eaten I found I was perfectly satisfied without it.

Back