BMI same as my age!!

Do you know what, in your place I would ditch what wasn’t filling me up and try low carb sw. lean meat is filling etc
You are in danger of binging on things tha5 will hurt your progress maybe? Like sugar?

♥♥♥♥

Lean meats, low carb veg etc
I plan on switching to something more filling soon. Just 12 days until I head off to the family wedding so I need some quick results. I don’t feel as hungry today so I’m finding it easier.

So my counsellor is on holiday until next week and not getting weighed today is an interesting thought
You’ll have an extra good result next week then! How are you finding it?

Just realised my bmi is same as my age too lol

Hopefully not for long x

Just realised my bmi is same as my age too lol

Hopefully not for long x
Good luck reducing it. Unlike your age you can wind it back. I’m planning to be back in my thirties before I go on holiday!

I’m starting to think about how I’ll eat on holiday.

If I eat everything I want to I’ll have put all the weight back on by the time I get home. And that would be massively depressing.

But equally I want to eat nice food, enjoy what I eat, and not be a diet bore.

So the plan is this:

1. Eat fish whenever it’s on the menu. And when it’s not, go for whole pieces of meat.

2. No bread. If I just decline a bread roll at dinner I’ll save around 2,100 calories over two weeks. And if I choose to not have a croissant each day - who am I kidding, make that two croissants - I’ll save around 11,000 calories over two weeks (hmmm, I think I’ve just worked out why I usually put on so much weight on holidays...).

3. Vegetables. At buffet meals make sure half my plate is filled with salad and vegetables before I add anything else. At sit-down meals look for menu choices that include lots of vegetables. Ensure I have at least five types of veg a day.

4. Avoid potatoes. Never add them to my plate at buffet meals. Where possible don’t have them in sit-down meals, and leave them on my plate if they’re part of the dish.

5. One sweet treat a day. So if I have an ice cream in the afternoon, then no dessert at dinner. It will save me at least 4,500 calories.

That’s the plan. Hopefully it won’t all go to pot once I hit the sunshine. I don’t drink anyway so I don’t need to worry about calories from that.

I imagine I’ll come back a stone heavier than when I leave but fingers crossed no more than that. And obviously loads better than not losing weight before holiday and then adding a stone to my starting weight.

My plan is to have my last weigh in on the morning I leave for holiday so I’m not tempted to start the holiday eating early. And I plan to keep on with Cambridge right until I get to the airport. I’ll save my last bar for the journey to the airport so I won’t arrive starving and start on junk food immediately.

That sounds great. Plenty of protein and lots of veg with one treat per day (it's a holiday so you have to!) Maybe have a look at the treats available and work out which are likely to be a nice treat but also low fat/sugar

No bread / pastries is a great way to not putting loads on. Most bread is eeeevil. Picture it with a pitchfork 🤣

Ooohhhhhh have a great time 💙💙💙

That sounds great. Plenty of protein and lots of veg with one treat per day (it's a holiday so you have to!) Maybe have a look at the treats available and work out which are likely to be a nice treat but also low fat/sugar

No bread / pastries is a great way to not putting loads on. Most bread is eeeevil. Picture it with a pitchfork 🤣

Ooohhhhhh have a great time 💙💙💙
Crafty Sam, good idea about working out which treat is healthiest. Hopefully they’ll be some fruit-based options.

Crafty Sam, good idea about working out which treat is healthiest. Hopefully they’ll be some fruit-based options.

Just watch that the cheeky beggars don’t add sugar to their fruit. Poke em in the eye with a sharp stick if they do 😆

Well, I’ve had a sobering evening.

The new swimsuits I’d ordered to try on for holiday arrived. I looked horrific in them all. Some seemed to be designed for people with boobs the width of an iPhone. Others had straps that would have fitted only if I grew another five inches (I’m 5’ 6” so not short). And one managed to make me look like a bean bag.

I’ve kept the least offensive one and I’m sending the rest back. Clearly losing the weight I have has made virtually no difference to the fact that I look like a blob.

I’m feeling really depressed about this wedding and holiday now. Everyone else will be sitting around in their bikinis and I’ll have all the visual appeal of a sofa cushion.

Just watch that the cheeky beggars don’t add sugar to their fruit. Poke em in the eye with a sharp stick if they do 😆
Oh I’m sure they will have added sugar on any fruit dessert. But it’s still probably a bit better than something that’s pure sugar like caramel.

Eek caramel 😫

I wouldn't go near that anyway 🤣

Used to like caramel wafers from lidl but after I cut sugar out 18 mths for keto they are so sweet they made my teeth hurt and say Mummyyyy

I was sort of sad but I guess it's a good thing 🤣

Well, I’ve had a sobering evening.

The new swimsuits I’d ordered to try on for holiday arrived. I looked horrific in them all. Some seemed to be designed for people with boobs the width of an iPhone. Others had straps that would have fitted only if I grew another five inches (I’m 5’ 6” so not short). And one managed to make me look like a bean bag.

I’ve kept the least offensive one and I’m sending the rest back. Clearly losing the weight I have has made virtually no difference to the fact that I look like a blob.

I’m feeling really depressed about this wedding and holiday now. Everyone else will be sitting around in their bikinis and I’ll have all the visual appeal of a sofa cushion.

Oh no hun 😫

Do you have chance to pick another up at the shop or something? I find sometimes I go a size up as they make the suits so blimmin small size wise!!!!

If not I have one word for you.. Kaftan! Floaty floaty and skims over lumps and bumps

Wish I could give you a hug. Picture everything is gonna be ok. It is more likely to be great than not .When I was a size 16 I used to think I looked hideous...but I didn't... it's all perception

Everyone will be on their own hols so won't even look at you probably it's our mind that catastrophises these things and gets our anxiety going

Hope that makes sense didn't get much sleep last night either flaming chest

💙💙💙

Oh no hun 😫

Do you have chance to pick another up at the shop or something? I find sometimes I go a size up as they make the suits so blimmin small size wise!!!!

If not I have one word for you.. Kaftan! Floaty floaty and skims over lumps and bumps

Wish I could give you a hug. Picture everything is gonna be ok. It is more likely to be great than not .When I was a size 16 I used to think I looked hideous...but I didn't... it's all perception

Everyone will be on their own hols so won't even look at you probably it's our mind that catastrophises these things and gets our anxiety going

Hope that makes sense didn't get much sleep last night either flaming chest

💙💙💙
Thanks Crafty Sam. I’m going to try on last year’s cossie to see if that’s okay, if not I’ll order something else. I’ll be in the pool with the children every day, so I’ll need at least two to dry out.

I’ve ordered some fake tan too. Maybe if I go dark enough I will just fade away into the shadows... Or more likely just look like a giant Terry’s chocolate orange.

Five pounds off today at weigh in - yay! Just 11 days left to lose 5lb more to reach my goal of 2st before holiday.

Eek caramel 😫

I wouldn't go near that anyway 🤣

Used to like caramel wafers from lidl but after I cut sugar out 18 mths for keto they are so sweet they made my teeth hurt and say Mummyyyy

I was sort of sad but I guess it's a good thing 🤣
Wow, 18 months, that’s amazing!

Thanks Crafty Sam. I’m going to try on last year’s cossie to see if that’s okay, if not I’ll order something else. I’ll be in the pool with the children every day, so I’ll need at least two to dry out.

I’ve ordered some fake tan too. Maybe if I go dark enough I will just fade away into the shadows... Or more likely just look like a giant Terry’s chocolate orange.

Five pounds off today at weigh in - yay! Just 11 days left to lose 5lb more to reach my goal of 2st before holiday.

Well done on your losses so far, 5lb more before hols, you can do it, sending you positive vibes!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well done on your loss that’s awesome! I’m definitely along stream now I’m thinking about having a meal tonight, will be my first proper food since I’ve started but I can feel a big fall off the wagon coming if I don’t! I weighed myself last night as I couldn’t go two weeks without seeing what my progress was and my scales show I’ve lost 4lb so I’ll put it down as that and see what happens next Friday.

Oh the swimwear dilemma, I feel your pain but I will back up crafty and chant kaftan kaftan kaftan too ha x

Well done on your loss that’s awesome! I’m definitely along stream now I’m thinking about having a meal tonight, will be my first proper food since I’ve started but I can feel a big fall off the wagon coming if I don’t! I weighed myself last night as I couldn’t go two weeks without seeing what my progress was and my scales show I’ve lost 4lb so I’ll put it down as that and see what happens next Friday.

Oh the swimwear dilemma, I feel your pain but I will back up crafty and chant kaftan kaftan kaftan too ha x

*losing steam - not along stream lol

Well done on your losses so far, 5lb more before hols, you can do it, sending you positive vibes!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thank you! I’m actually wondering whether, with 11 days between weigh ins, I might get more than that. Seven pounds would take me to a 30lb loss, which would be awesome.

Back