BMI same as my age!!

My consultant finally came today so I’m all product-ed up and ready to rock n roll.

After my plan to start this week I came down with a bug so haven’t been doing the Cambridge diet this week because I’ve been ill. But I lost 2lbs anyway because I couldn’t eat for a couple of days, so that’s good.

Now we’re on Christmas countdown. There are 10 weeks left and I plan to lose 3st, which would take me down to 15st 1lb. Even better would be to see the number 14 at the start of the weight. What a fantastic Christmas present that would be.

Hi, just visiting your diary for the first time. Good luck with getting back on it - you've done so well so far!
Thank you!

I stuck to it yesterday. Still feeling pretty ill so I had bars rather than shakes - I couldn’t face loads of liquid at once on a dodgy stomach.

This morning I’ve had a bar and I’m hoping I’ll feel well enough for a shake at lunchtime (otherwise I’ll be using up all my bars!) I’m going out for a meal tonight for my wedding anniversary but the restaurant does steaks so I’ll stick to that with veg.

I have been lurgified!! I have had a really rough couple of weeks with first a stomach bug then laryngitis and it’s only today I’m feeling part way human again.

So, I’m restarting today at 18st 2lbs. I’m not feeling massively confident as my willpower seems to be zero. But it is really necessary. I’m going on holiday in eight weeks’ time and at this rate won’t fit into any of the clothes I bought for the last holiday.

Can I do two stone in eight weeks, even with Christmas to count into that??? Bring it on...

Today is proving hard. Last night I cheated. Today no cheating so far.

My day so far:

7am 2 cups tea with splash of milk
10am cup of Cambridge cup a soup (the appetisingly-named “Golden vegetable water flavouring”)
11am TDR banana milkshake
2pm TDR peanut bar

I have also had about 15 glasses of water (I have been on the loo soooo much!)

Now it’s 4pm and I am starvin Marvin.

What I would like to do is cheat. Toast with butter and jam. Or pasta.

What I am actually going to do right now (thankfully sitting down and writing this has made me step away from the edge of the cheating cliff) is make a strawberry TDR shake and make up a packet of sugar-free jelly so I can have ‘dinner’ later this evening.

Living the Cambridge dream folks.

Ooh, forgot to say, 2lbs lighter today, down to 18st. Probably because I was wearing jeans at my official weigh in yesterday, but hey, a loss is a loss!

Last night’s ‘jelly for dinner’ master plan worked. Another 4lb off today. Yes, I know it’s mainly water but it’s still nice to see on the scales.

I was at an all-day meeting today and had to eat lunch with the other delegates. I was really good and just ate a small plate of fish and vegetables.

I was really proud of myself for staying on track. There was some seriously nice quiche that I had to forgo.

I replied to my consultant’s daily ‘motivational’ gibberish to say what I’d had to eat, and tell her I’d lost 7lbs since I saw her.

I got this reply: “U R letting me down and YOU!!! Carbs! Not the food on the plan it is baned. Only CHETING uself hun!”

Thanks for raining on my parade.

I felt so annoyed with her that I wanted to order pizza and ice cream and blow it all.

Instead I decided the best way to metaphorically stick a finger up at her is to register a loss on the scales. Otherwise I’m just proving her right.

So I’ve come home from work, made myself a strawberry shake, and not ordered pizza. There’s another bowl of jelly in the fridge for later. And I very much hope that I lose again tomorrow so I can reply to let her know my angelic lunch did not affect my loss.

I proved my consultant wrong and lost another pound today. Yay!

I texted her my weight. I got this response: “CARBS! Cannot be cloned or copied. CD all for us staying away and NOT CARBS!!! Hun in the sam boat.”

Literally no clue.

Today I have been on my feet all day racing between things so very little time to even think about food.

My day looked like this:
5.30am two cups of tea with splash of milk
8am banana TDR shake
11.30am golden veg ‘cup a soup’
2.40pm strawberry TDR shake
5.30pm peanut TDR bar
7.30pm golden veg ‘cup a soup’

I’ve run out of sugar-free jelly.

I’m feeling a lot less hungry today.

I’ve got the in-laws staying for the weekend and will have to have two meals in restaurants. I’ll stick to fish or meat with veg. And I won’t mention it to my consultant otherwise I’ll be on the receiving end of more of her “CARBS!!!” rants.

No loss this morning, but that’s fine - I’ve already lost 7lbs this week so not too shabby.

I found yesterday strangely easy. Maybe I’m back in ‘the zone’ and can keep on keeping on without too many slip ups.

I’ve had my two cups of tea and a strawberry TDR shake this morning and am feeling full and not likely to cheat.

Nearly seven full weeks left until Christmas and 1st 8lbs to go to meet my pre-Christmas mini goal. So I need to lose at least 3lbs a week. That’s doable, even with all the meals out planned in between now and Christmas. As long as I avoid the “CARBS!!!”

BMI back under 40 again which is great.

I have been rubbish at Cambridge. I just couldn’t get back on it and have spent so much money on it and am only a stone lighter than when I started. I think I need something with a bit more accountability. Seeing someone once a week or fortnight to get weighed is not enough - I probably need texts to keep me on track, or more people to follow who are in the same boat.

So today I made a snap decision and looked up my closest Slimming World meeting that was taking place this morning. I went along and weighed in at 18st 7.5lbs - am I really a stone heavier than my last Cambridge weigh in a week ago?!

I’ve always avoided Slimming World because I don’t agree with eating as much pasta, rice and potatoes as you want. However, seeing as my diet recently has consisted of eating as much ice cream and hot cross buns as I want, this can only be an improvement on what I’m doing.

Today I’ve relied on what I already have in the house, plus I had a non SW breakfast before I signed up, so I’m high on syns (about 35). But that’s still better than what I’d have had otherwise.

I’ve fitted in lots of ‘speed’ food (strawberries, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower and butternut squash), some ‘free’ food (kidney beans, eggs, peas), some milk/cheese/whole meal bread as ‘healthy extras’ - so I’ve certainly had my 5-a-day.

My syns went on bread and butter for breakfast (prob overestimated at 7 for bread and 18 for butter) plus chilli for dinner (10 syns because I used a packet mix and the mince wasn’t low fat).

Goodness knows what I’m going to do with all my Cambridge shakes and bars. Maybe I’ll get back on it at some point.

I’m pleased to have something new to ‘obsess’ over a bit - I feel like I’m in the zone for this week and have planned out all my meals, with a Tesco delivery arriving tomorrow.

I have survived day 2 on Slimming World.

My Tesco delivery arrived so I got ahead of myself and made a cottage pie and bolognese for later in the week and have bunged them in the freezer. I know my weak point is evenings, when I’ve used up all my energy getting the children to bed and the last thing I want to do is start cooking. That’s when the takeaway menus come out...

So I’m hoping by taking the pressure off the evenings by having things prepared will mean that eating fresh is easier than ordering in.

Today I had bran flakes and an orange for breakfast. Lunch was the remains of last night’s chilli with grated cheese plus some cauli rice and roasted butternut squash.

For dinner I’m planning to bake some white fish and serve it with some green veg, a baked sweet potato and some artichoke hearts (I’m not sure I like them but have had a jar lurking in my brexit cupboard for the best part of a year so it’s time to give them a whirl.)

I know I’m having massive meals at the moment but even with that I was hungry mid morning. I’m hoping that if I eat enough at each mealtime then I can avoid eating between meals, which is an unnecessary habit I’d like to break for life.

Also the diet is going to be harder this week while I get used to eating smaller amounts again (I know this isn’t a small amount, but lunch on Monday was two full tubs of Haagen Dazs followed by a full rack of ribs and mashed potato with loads of butter, so relative to that I’m cutting back.) So I’m trying to fill my plates with LOADS of veg to keep me really full while I adjust to the new regime.

I think I’ll have had around 10 syns today (from the chilli, made with 15% fat mince and a chilli packet mix, so not free.)

The challenge this week will be that it’s suddenly got really cold (hardly surprising a week away from December) so the temptation is to hibernate and eat stodge.

I would like to hop under my duvet right now. Sadly I’m off out into the cold to taxi the children to their various after-school clubs. Brrrr! I might make up a flask with my leftover Cambridge Diet cup a soup to take with me.

I didn’t weigh myself on my own scales before I joined SW yesterday, so won’t know if I’ve lost anything until the next official weigh in.

It is probably a daft time to join a diet group just five weeks before Christmas. But I hope it will stop my usual attitude of, “Well it’s December now, I may as well wait until the new year to start the diet.” If I can lose a few pounds (who am I kidding, I’ll be devastated if I don’t lose over a stone) before Christmas rather than crack open the mince pies now, then I’ll be in a much better position come the new year, and more aware of what I eat over Christmas.

Days 3 and 4 done! I had a wobble yesterday evening after a very stressful day. I felt like ordering a takeaway. I didn’t. Instead I added some spaghetti (allowed on SW) to my bolognese (I was planning to serve it just on a bed of steamed leeks) and that was enough of a ‘cheat’ to get me through.

I did have three chicken nuggets when I cooked too many for my daughter though. No idea how many syns they’d have been, but I didn’t have any others yesterday so I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Today’s been fine. I tried overnight oats today. I know I’m late to the party on that one, but how convenient! Not as nice as proper porridge but did the job of filling me up.

Lunch was bolognese with leeks and cavolo nero. I had a huge portion of veg. I probably need to address my portion sizes but I’ll wait until I’ve got through the first week before I address how much is on my plate. This week it’s all about what is on my plate rather than quantity.

Dinner was some baked white fish with ratatouille.

I’m certainly getting my five a day!

Tomorrow is going to be tricky as the in-laws are coming over and there’ll be cake and biscuits around. Then the following day I’m out of the house all day working. I’m planning to make some crustless quiche and crudités to take with me, as well as a couple of pieces of fruit, as I know there’ll be a pastry-heavy buffet.

I don’t feel like I’ve lost any weight yet. I certainly can’t see it in my face. Fingers crossed I’ll lose at my weigh in, just four days away.

I dealt with a situation that could have thrown me off track today. Everyone in my household was unexpectedly out at lunchtime so wanted to save the lunch I’d prepared until the evening. I was left without a planned lunch, a hungry stomach and some freshly-baked bread on the cooking rack...

Luckily I didn’t cave. I chucked a baked potato in the microwave and mixed up some cottage cheese, grated Red Leicester, chopped cucumber, pepper and chives to top it. Fully compliant SW meal in my stomach, fresh bread saved for the children. I think that counts as a SW win!

Tomorrow is my first weigh in on Slimming World. I’m a bit nervous about it. What if I haven’t lost anything? Or only lose a tiny amount? I’d be really disappointed if I lose less than 3lbs. As to be honest, when I’m over 18 stone, it’s hard to NOT lose weight - it takes a lot of calories to maintain an arse this lardy. So I must have lost. Maybe.

But I’ve had potatoes and pasta and fruit and bread this week. So I don’t know if I’ll have done enough to lose. If it goes well tomorrow then I can stop worrying so much whether it’s going to work.

I had a long journey for work today. But out of four service stations I stopped at, I bought nothing at three and some boiled egg and spinach at the fourth. (M&S protein pot) I took some quiche and fruit with me to eat instead.

This is my hardest time of day - a good five hours since lunch, several hours left until dinner. I’m cooking the children’s dinner and then trying to stop myself stealing it (hence the chicken nugget snackcident earlier in the week.) Maybe I need to introduce a planned snack at this time to avoid potential pitfalls. It’s not that I’m not eating enough at mealtimes, because I really am.

It was a pleasant surprise to lose 10.5lbs at my first SW weigh in. That’s nearly as much as week one on Cambridge Diet, and far easier for me to stick to (I like big meals so struggled with feeling hungry on CD.)

I’m sure part of it was because last week I was wearing heavier clothes and I’d had tons of toast with butter for breakfast before I joined. But even taking that into consideration, it’s a definite loss, which really was a surprise.

Now the pressure is on (from me) to get a good loss next week. Three and a half pounds would take me to a stone lost in a fortnight, so that’s what I’m hoping for.

Today’s menu is;

Breakfast - 3 chipolatas, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, tea with milk

Lunch - 2 large fillets of white fish plus a huge pile of ratatouille, followed by a satsuma

Dinner - chilli made with 15% fat beef mince, onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, chillies. Served with cauli rice and cavolo nero, plus grated cheese.

Snack - cashew nuts

Hmmm, I’m still not addressing those portion sizes as you can see!

Yesterday I found the 4pm/5pm time slot really tricky again. My tiny bowl of cashew nuts didn’t stop the stomach growl.

However today I’ve been fine - perhaps because I had lunch an hour later.

I’ve found today easy and the menu has been:

Breakfast: overnight oats with fat-free Greek yogurt, strawberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants, blackberries, banana. Tea with skimmed milk. Three chipolatas.

Lunch: jacket potato with fat-free cottage cheese, grated cheddar, spring onion, pepper, chives, cucumber, plus an orange.

Dinner: recipe from the SW website for hunter’s chicken. Chicken breast, tomatoes, mozzarella, bacon.

Roll on tomorrow - I’m really enjoying all this food.

On the downside, I had some beetroot salad last week and estimated the suns to be about 4. Turns out it was 16 syns a pot! I’ve got another pot in my fridge but this week I’ll have half a pot at a time, and won’t buy it again. Shame because it’s lovely.

Today I’ve got the opposite of 4pm/5pm hunger. I’ve got a horrible feeling in my stomach like I’m wearing a too-tight belt.

Anyway, I have been on track today and my menu looked like this:

Breakfast: tea with milk; fried egg, 3 chipolatas, cavolo nero with tomato purée and baked beans (yeah, I know, it was an experiment, it won’t be repeated), grilled flat mushroom.

Lunch: crustless quiche made with eggs, cottage cheese, bacon, spring onion, mushrooms, chives, parsley, tomatoes. Served with beetroot salad. An orange.

Dinner: chilli with cauli rice. 15 cashews (because I’ve forgotten to have a ‘healthy extra b’ today).

Only one ‘healthy extra a’ today because I had an extra one yesterday when I changed what I had planned to cook.

I’ve gone off track today and had 27 syns! Some fridge raider chicken, two biscuits, beetroot salad, mince 15%. It’s going to be hard to pull that back for the rest of the week.

I’m feeling pretty down about it. I’m really annoyed at myself.

Oh well, the only thing to do is to draw a line under it and try to avoid any more syns for the rest of the week

Half a pound loss this week.

It all went wrong on Friday. I made two SW recipes that went wrong - a curry that was too hot and a fish pie that managed to be watery and dry at the same time.

So with my planned meals in the bin, it didn’t take much to persuade me when the spouse announced he was ordering pizza one night and fish and chips the next.

And once that tap was turned on I couldn’t stop it. I also had sausage rolls, prepackaged sandwich and chocolate Brazil nuts.

So getting a half pound loss despite all that was better than expected.

I’ve been back on track the past two days. I thought today was going to go wrong when circumstances meant I missed lunch completely and had nothing planned when I got in. But I cobbled together an omelette with bacon, onion, cauliflower, broccoli and mozzarella. That counted as an early dinner so I won’t need anything else today now.

Back