BMI same as my age!!

I dodged a bullet and lost 1.5lb this week. Not deserved because once I’d had the popcorn the floodgates were open and I had crisps, pizza, ice cream, fish and chips, chocolates.

Back on the straight and narrow now with this week’s weigh in drawing a line under last week.

I dodged a bullet and lost 1.5lb this week. Not deserved because once I’d had the popcorn the floodgates were open and I had crisps, pizza, ice cream, fish and chips, chocolates.

Back on the straight and narrow now with this week’s weigh in drawing a line under last week.

You lucky sausage!

Dilemma. My sister has delivered a batch of cakes that my niece has made for me. They’re not ones that anyone else in the house will eat. I’ve put them in a tin for now. It seems ungrateful to bin them, but sabotage to eat them. There’s no one I can pass them on to really (no packaging or ingredients, most other friends on January diets so it would be mean of me to sabotage them).

Okay, it’s been a while. I’ve struggled to stay on track. Start most days on track, finish completely off the rails.

Back at weigh in today. I’ve put on 1st 5lbs in the past few weeks.

I nearly restarted yesterday. Breakfast of overnight oats, lunch of steamed fish with ratatouille, dinner of bolognese ragu... followed by ‘second dinner’ of Dominos pizza, chicken wings and ice cream. SW fail.

Today I have restarted again. Breakfast of fruit after weigh in, lunch of crustless quiche (red onion and courgette) with salad plus an orange, dinner of turkey and tomato casserole. I’ve had 14 different varieties of fruit and veg today and feel like I ought to be glowing with health already 😂

I just need to avoid the lure of second dinner!

My issue is the children eat at 4pm and the husband eats at 8pm and if I’m not careful I end up eating at both sittings!

This week I’m on a batch cooking mission. My turkey casserole today was enough for four so two portions have been added to the freezer.

I’m planning to do that with most main meals so next week I hardly have to cook at all.

Having said that, the turkey casserole wasn’t great so I’m not relishing having it twice more.

I keep dithering over getting the Pinch of Nom cookbook but I’m worried most of the recipes will be potato heavy, which doesn’t work for me to lose weight. I ought to see if it’s at the library and photocopy any recipes I want to try.

I’m hoping the husband will finish work at a reasonable hour so I can have a quick look at the new Slimming World magazine. Other people’s success stories help me get in the right mindset.

Goal this week: I want to win Slimmer of the Week at group next week. So no room for cheating!

I just need to avoid the lure of second dinner!

My issue is the children eat at 4pm and the husband eats at 8pm and if I’m not careful I end up eating at both sittings!

Hugs xxx

Maybe eat a small amount at 4 and another at 8? The problem with slimming world is that you can overeat as there are an awful lot of free foods 🙄 they say you can't but I know at least 10 other ppl who have had to stop doing SW as they have that problem.

Eating dinner 2 times is cool, ultra sociabubble 😁😁 just a child size portion at each 😁👍

I have the first pinch of nom book. I haven’t found the recipes I’ve done to be too potato heavy. I’ve found it quite good for some inspiration and so I don’t get bored and feel restricted by that I can eat. Most recipes are for 4, so I’m freezing two portions each time as well. I’m hoping that will help on days when I really can’t be bothered!
Thanks Scarlett - that’s useful to know. I think I might take the plunge and get it.

I did it!!!!

I finally got through an entire day without going off the rails at the end of the day. Okay, I only did it by going to bed before the husband ate his dinner to read my SW magazine, but hopefully I’ve broken the cycle and will find it easier today.

I prepped my overnight oats before bed, so when I woke up this morning I wasn’t tempted to put extra toast on for me when I was making the children’s breakfast.

I’ve got half of yesterday’s crustless quiche left over for lunch today. So if I can get tonight’s dinner in the slow cooker before the school run, then I have finished my cooking for the day!

I did it!!!!

I finally got through an entire day without going off the rails at the end of the day. Okay, I only did it by going to bed before the husband ate his dinner to read my SW magazine, but hopefully I’ve broken the cycle and will find it easier today.

I prepped my overnight oats before bed, so when I woke up this morning I wasn’t tempted to put extra toast on for me when I was making the children’s breakfast.

I’ve

This is the haaaard part of the day. One child home eating dinner. Other child at a club, and will eat later. Then husband will eat much later.

I’m very hungry and tempted to have three dinners!

Right now I’m resisting temptation with a cup a soup.

I really shouldn’t be this hungry. I had a big lunch and big breakfast. I ought to be able to last until dinner without wanting to snack. It’s probably habit/psychological more than anything.

Yeah probably 😔

Big hugs x

I find if I eat carbs it makes me incredibly hungry. I gave up complex carbs and sugar for a year. Had a bit of toast....so craved more toast, chocolate, cake you name it...

That's why I can't do SW any more...mmmm pasta 🤣

Yeah probably 😔

Big hugs x

I find if I eat carbs it makes me incredibly hungry. I gave up complex carbs and sugar for a year. Had a bit of toast....so craved more toast, chocolate, cake you name it...

That's why I can't do SW any more...mmmm pasta 🤣
I definitely agree about lots of carbs make you want more. I’m avoiding bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc, because I know they only lead to cravings for me.

Tonight’s SW-friendly recipe was much more of a success than last night’s. Slow cooker crack chicken - no crack in it, so I’ve no idea why it’s called that. But the husband ate it and so did the children, and I enjoyed it too, and there are very few recipes that cover all those bases. Here’s the link to the blog where I found the recipe:http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/healthier-slow-cooker-crack-chicken

I served it with roasted butternut squash and green beans for the children and me, and with rice for the husband (he’s a bit of a salad dodger so there’d have been complaints if he was given vegetables.)

Well I’ve made it through day two of no cheating and feel pleased with myself.

Three day streak of staying on track! Today I’ve had baked oats for breakfast - my first time of trying them and I was pleasantly surprised. I served them with lots of strawberries and raspberries.

Lunch was steamed fish with ratatouille plus a kiwi fruit.

In a change to the published schedule (e.g.the husband is now eating out this evening) I have got some kind of pork malarkey out of the freezer for me. My planned slow cooker chicken recipe will happen tomorrow instead. I’m planning to have the pork thingy with cauli rice and green beans.

My mood has improved and I’m feeling so much better about myself/my life just by sticking to SW for three days.

Four day streak - yay! I am out on the razz tonight, but will eat before I go and hopefully stick to three drinks while I’m out so it won’t be too bad. I’ve only used a few syns a day this week so a night out won’t be damaging. And catching up with friends is important!

Today’s breakfast was a full English, and lunch was Ryvita with cottage cheese and cucumber followed by an orange and a kiwi fruit. Dinner is already in the slow cooker - Diet Coke chicken, so we’ll see how that turns out.

Plus I know I’ll be tired tomorrow after a night out tonight, so I’ve already mixed all the ingredients for ham and cheese breakfast muffins, ready to shove in the oven in the morning. I’ve also prepped tomorrow’s dinner, which just needs putting into the slow cooker in the morning, and got some leftover turkey casserole out of the freezer for tomorrow’s lunch. So hardly any cooking needed tomorrow!

On Blue Scarlett’s suggestion, I ordered the original Pinch of Nom cookbook so today I’ve planned all of next week’s meals, using a lot of recipes from there. I hope they’re nice.

Oh well done!

Oooh I like pinch of nom they have some fab recipes on the website

Xxx

Four day streak - yay! I am out on the razz tonight, but will eat before I go and hopefully stick to three drinks while I’m out so it won’t be too bad. I’ve only used a few syns a day this week so a night out won’t be damaging. And catching up with friends is important!

Today’s breakfast was a full English, and lunch was Ryvita with cottage cheese and cucumber followed by an orange and a kiwi fruit. Dinner is already in the slow cooker - Diet Coke chicken, so we’ll see how that turns out.

Plus I know I’ll be tired tomorrow after a night out tonight, so I’ve already mixed all the ingredients for ham and cheese breakfast muffins, ready to shove in the oven in the morning. I’ve also prepped tomorrow’s dinner, which just needs putting into the slow cooker in the morning, and got some leftover turkey casserole out of the freezer for tomorrow’s lunch. So hardly any cooking needed tomorrow!

On Blue Scarlett’s suggestion, I ordered the original Pinch of Nom cookbook so today I’ve planned all of next week’s meals, using a lot of recipes from there. I hope they’re nice.
Oh I hope you like it. I made a chicken curry recipe from it tonight. Was very easy. I added mushrooms and peppers so I could get some more speed. It was tasty and the better half liked it too.
When I got mine I went through it with some post it notes and stickered all the recipes I fancied. Happy to share what I’ve found or how I’ve adapted any.
Pretty much all the recipes are 4 portions, so I’m freezing as I go along which will give some easy meals when I’m really busy or can’t be bothered.

Oh I hope you like it. I made a chicken curry recipe from it tonight. Was very easy. I added mushrooms and peppers so I could get some more speed. It was tasty and the better half liked it too.
When I got mine I went through it with some post it notes and stickered all the recipes I fancied. Happy to share what I’ve found or how I’ve adapted any.
Pretty much all the recipes are 4 portions, so I’m freezing as I go along which will give some easy meals when I’m really busy or can’t be bothered.
Oh yes please, knowing the good ones would be great!

I lost 10.5lb this week - very happy with that! BUT it still wasn’t enough to win me Slimmer of the Week at group. There were some people with fantastic losses this week, so I didn’t lose quite enough. I’m now even more determined to win the award next week!

Having said that I don’t want to stay to group next week. They’re doing one of those mingling events where everyone has to make a low syn dish and stand around eating and making polite conversation.

I’ll already have my food for the week planned so don’t want to feel I have to eat everyone else’s creations out of politeness when I’d much rather stay on track with my food plan. Plus I’ve already done my shopping for the week so don’t have anything extra that I can turn into a dish to take to group.

So I’ll have to wait until the following week to try and win Slimmer of the Week.

So far this week I’ve made two recipes from the Pinch of Nom cookbook. Carrot Cake overnight oats were a bit grim - eating grated carrot for breakfast was deeply unpleasant. I also made the frittata with bacon and onion, which was lovely. I served it with a big salad and some beetroot sauerkraut.

Dinner tonight is sorted because I froze some leftover paprika beef I made last week.

I’ve also stocked up the freezer and cupboards with Slimming World essentials in case supply chains/food deliveries get affected by coronavirus - I don’t want to give myself an excuse not to stay on track! And if there’s no impact, then it’s all stuff I’ll eat anyway.

I wonder if they’ll cancel SW groups if the coronavirus outbreak increases? It’s certainly a gathering of lots of random people, a lot of whom are elderly, so it could well be put on hold for a while. I’d better get my awards in while I can!

Last edited:
I lost 10.5lb this week - very happy with that! BUT it still wasn’t enough to win me Slimmer of the Week at group. There were some people with fantastic losses this week, so I didn’t lose quite enough. I’m now even more determined to win the award next week!

Having said that I donstay to group next week. They’re doing one of those mingling events where everyone has to make a low syn dish and stand around eating and making polite conversation.

I’ll already have my food for the week planned so don’t want to feel I have to eat everyone else’s creations out of politeness when I’d much rather stay on track with my food plan. Plus I’ve already done my shopping for the week so don’t have anything extra that I can turn into a dish to take to group.

So I’ll have to wait until the following week to try and win Slimmer of the Week.

So far this week I’ve made two recipes from the Pinch of Nom cookbook. Carrot Cake overnight oats were a bit grim - eating grated carrot for breakfast was deeply unpleasant. I also made the frittata with bacon and onion, which was lovely. I served it with a big salad and some beetroot sauerkraut.

Dinner tonight is sorted because I froze some leftover paprika beef I made last week.

I’ve also stocked up the freezer and cupboards with Slimming World essentials in case supply chains/food deliveries get affected by coronavirus - I don’t want to give myself an excuse not to stay on track! And if there’s no impact, then it’s all stuff I’ll eat anyway.

I wonder if they’ll cancel SW groups if the coronavirus outbreak increases? It’s certainly a gathering of lots of random people, a lot of whom are elderly, so it could well be put on hold for a while. I’d better get my awards in while I can!
I've not tried the carrot overnight oats - didn't fancy the sound of it. I haven't yet tried any of the breakfast ideas as I love my porridge in a morning with a SW friendly cooked breakfast for brunch on either a Saturday or Sunday.
Haven't got the book to hand at the minute, but ones I know I've made which I've enjoyed and my other half has as well include the easy chicken curry (I add extra veg to that such as peppers and mushrooms), there's a Chinese chicken which I enjoyed. I stirred the noodles in during the last few minutes of cooking, so it was a bit more like a chow mein. The campfire stew - it does have quite a smoky taste. The other half loved it. It was ok, but not my favourite. The beef ragu fettucine was delicious and last week I mage the creamy garlic chicken - that was very nice. In the second book, which I don't have but found the recipe online for this, there's a keema pie. That is by far my favourite so far. It's like a shepherd's pie, but with minced beef keema as the base and the topping was a mix of potato and sweet potato. I'll check later what else I've made. The fritatta sounds nice.
I'm with you on the freezing. It's easy to batch cook and freeze when I am only cooking for two and it means I have no excuses to cheat (or order takeaway!!) With coronavirus looming I'm not panic buying, but I do want to keep well stocked so if we do end up with any shortages I can't use that as an excuse not to stick to SW.

Back