BMI too high for SS?

Qwetypi

Hi - it's been a while since I did CD and I called a new CDC as I've moved house. I want to start next week. She's told me that because my BMI is so high I can't do SS, but I have to do a plan with 2 pints of milk and 4 shakes a day. I can't find this one on the website; is it a real plan?! I've done SS before and feel like I'd be fine with it again, I really could do without the extra expense of 4 shakes a day instead of 3, but I do not want ANY food, just shakes. Does anyone know if 1. this is right and 2. what BMI you need to do SS?

Cheers!

Hmmm just had a look through my Steps Programme book and I can't see anything that's 4 products plus 2 pints of milk.
It's possible this could be a 'liquid only' version of Step 2, which isn;t included in the CWP books but I've heard about it.
There is an SS+ option that allows 4 products plus 200ml of skimmed milk.
However, if you are female and have BMI of 40+ then you are supposed to start on at least Step 2 - the 810 option - and that is three products plus milk plus a meal.
If your BMI is 50+ then you have to start on Step 3 or above.
However, I think consultants can vary a lot in how they interpret the rules (though I suspect they shouldn't). I started with a BMI of 48 and have been doing SS with just 3 pouches since day 1, though I think really this shouldn't have been allowed.
Potter x

Its the "new" part of the plan so those with higher bmi can start with no food x

Qwetypi said:
Hi - it's been a while since I did CD and I called a new CDC as I've moved house. I want to start next week. She's told me that because my BMI is so high I can't do SS, but I have to do a plan with 2 pints of milk and 4 shakes a day. I can't find this one on the website; is it a real plan?! I've done SS before and feel like I'd be fine with it again, I really could do without the extra expense of 4 shakes a day instead of 3, but I do not want ANY food, just shakes. Does anyone know if 1. this is right and 2. what BMI you need to do SS?

Cheers!

I started on this one 6 weeks ago as my Bmi was 45.1 but I only had to have 1 pint of red milk a day with 4 shakes my Bmi is now 40.4 and since last Tuesday I have been on SS now as my CDC said I could x

Back