• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

BMI

SammyE

Silver Member
Below 18.5 is underweight
18.5 - 24.9 is normal
25.0 - 29.9 is overweight
30.0 - 39.9 is obese
40.0 - 44.9 is morbidly obese
and 45.0 plus is super obese

I think... might be slightly out on the higher obese ones but its around there

SammyE

Silver Member
This is what it says

< 18.5 on wikipedia

underweight 18.5–24.9 normal weight 25.0–29.9 overweight 30.0–34.9 class I obesity 35.0–39.9 class II obesity ≥ 40.0 class III obesity

I am glad I asked, I thought over 30 was morbidly obese, got it totally wrong, I am just obese then, hooray!!!! Im in the lower echelons of it so Im getting closer to just being overweight. I was unsure of where to set my target weight and was concerned I had set it too low, (even though I have been lighter than that in the past) but I see yours is slightly lower than mine and your are a bit taller. I am just going to aim for the healthy bracket then, thanks so much for the information, it helps a lot.

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
mine fits in the healthy range

I think there's a mistake in what you found on wikipedia, SammyE... the correct levels are the ones quoted above your message:
Below 18.5 is underweight
18.5 - 24.9 is normal
25.0 - 29.9 is overweight
30.0 - 39.9 is obese
40.0 - 44.9 is morbidly obese
and 45.0 plus is super obese

I got my numbers all messed up, when I joined this site last year my BMI was 34 so Ive got it down a bit and not far to go to just being overweight, what an achievement, ha, ha. When I decided to seriously lose weight, I was saying to my friends that I was obese, and maybe just to make me feel better they said I was a bit overweight, we all know how expert we are in hiding the severity of our lumps and bumps. It is good to see what category of "fatness" we fall into.

Had a loss tonight, my BMI edging slowly toward the overweight category, not long to go now, am definitely making that my next mini goal

mistyme

Hooray, I am just overweight now, every pound makes a difference, quite a bit more work to get into healthy range, slowly but surely. Imagine being happy being overweight!