BNS CHIPS? how do you make them?

Lovely. Just a pleasant spicy kick. I don't like anything too hot...it was only a good shake from a shwartz spice jar but made the bns a little more interesting

Can't wait to try this, I say I have no time to cook or do anything with food, well I spend most of my evening on the computer so will give this a go sometime this week.

I made BNS mash this evening.. And chips.. Was doing a test on all thing BNS haha..
Chips were fine bar the seasoning.. I only had chilli powder there so tried that.. Was nice.. But not great.. So will go get some paprika (had run out) and try again.. There were nice.. Just not great :D

The mash was yum tho.. Can see me doing that again... But does anyone know where in Ireland (Dublin) I can buy it already chopped?? Its a pain in the ar5e to peel n chop... x

I really hate chopping it up aswell, I tryed tesco in the north today and couldn't get it :( I'll have to try sainburys

I hate SQ Sundrive but its closest.. And Tesco in Crumlin SC is a joke!!! But will try both.. Praying they have it.. I bloody hate chopping it..
Am gona make a big pot of BNS mash, separate it... And freeze it!! Microwave BNS mash in an instant :D
(I also do this with real mash if anyone was interested in doing that! Great time saver)

Hey Dubchick superquinn sundrive is my closest too hahah your obviously only around the corner , i live up near the KCR. I bought my chopped BNS in sundrive the other day , as you walk in its on the left beside the lettuce. When I make the wedges I just chop it , i dont peel it. then a bitta frylight and cajun spices or cumin and some sea salt and black pepper. Tesco in rathfarnham is pretty good. I get nice food doctor seeded pitta breads there for only 4pp and seeded wraps for 5pp

I pop my bns in the oven for half an hour and then let it cool
So when you chop it up it's lovely and soft! X

What does bns actually taste like? I've never eaten it!

Ok I've mastered BNS chips and I'm addicted! :D only had them with sea salt and black cracked pepper, so far though. SO yummy with a dollop of light mayo :)

Butternut squash

I chop mine into chips place on baking sheet sprinkle paprika oregano (or whatever herb happens to be there) and sometimes some texmex or Cajun spice mix. I say play around with the spices and herbs they taste so nice

I usually cut top and bottom off, cut down the centre and deseed. I always end up with orange fingers and stringy BNS under my nails! I've yet to find a simple way to deseed the blimming thing easily, I tend to use a dessert spoon and really go for it (upper arm workout!).. Then chop away randomly into smaller segs once the majority of the stringy stuff has gone. I am cackhanded though!

I'm fussy and don't like the texture of the insides, so that's why I get rid of it, but don't know if that's what most people do :p

cackhanded lmaooo ... i'm lefthanded too =P xxx

actually the might be nice with chilli on... might try some later with remaining BNS. might have ago at some crisps with it to :)

crisps???? :eek: have you got a recipe for them??? i'd really appreciate it ... pweaseeee lol xxx

umm i'm doing roasted BNS / chips for tea tonight with pork loin and french beans..... looking forward to it :)

..... has anyone ever used it in samosas ?? .... i'm making these tomorrow and have some BNS left over so thought i'd add some to them... wondered if anyone else has done it and it worked ok??

How do u peel them!!! I love the taste but the last time I brought one I ended up bashing it on the work top as I lost my patience!! Lol

Back