Bob Harper - The Skinny Rules

Mine is a kindle book too and I managed fine with it. Good luck, when are you looking to start it?

Have you started reading it yet Rocky Road?

How are you doing Lauren?

I had a few crappy days, but now I'm back to it and had my skinny food shopping delivered yesterday. So had two shredded wheat with 100g raspberries for breakfast this morning, with a coffee & a bottle of water before it all too.

Following bob on twitter now, feel like a stalker! Lol

That's great Lauren :)

I saw this book in the bookstore and read just a few things inch back and of looks promising. I may go ahead an pick it up. I have Jillian Michaels book on fixing your metabolism and that is a very interesting read.

Thanks for starting this thread - and congrats for getting to goal.

Donzy: I got mine from Amazon, but I got the kindle version. Think the books are around £12

Minniemel: It's the best diet I have ever done. Not only do you lose weight fast, but you feel great doing it. I was bursting with energy!!

I am now back from my hols and need to make up for enjoying myself a little bit too much!!!

So today is day 1 on the skinny rules....!!

I have planned my food for the day:

Breakfast: egg & toast; strawberries & pineapple
Lunch: sweet potato & egg salad
Dinner: chicken breast, grilled tomatoes & mushrooms and pile of brocolli
Snacks: apple & almonds

My fibre is 30g and my cals 1203

I am now back from my hols and need to make up for enjoying myself a little bit too much!!!

So today is day 1 on the skinny rules....!!

I have planned my food for the day:

Breakfast: egg & toast; strawberries & pineapple
Lunch: sweet potato & egg salad
Dinner: chicken breast, grilled tomatoes & mushrooms and pile of brocolli
Snacks: apple & almonds

My fibre is 30g and my cals 1203

YUM what a tasty day!

I really wish I could have eggs in the morning but its impossible as I leave the house by 7am and have to eat lunch at my desk- any ideas for a brekkie Bob would approve of that I can buy enroute and eat fast without cooking/heating? Obviously the strawbs and pineapple are doable but I am really struggling to get protein in the morning.

15 almonds.

Could you boil some eggs the day before?

My breakfasts do tend to evolve around Wholemeal toast, mainly due to the fibre content.

What is everyone doing about the splurge day? do you still calorie count? Can't help thinking I might binge???
Any ideas on Fibre rich foods? today I only got 13g in but have 88g protein. and having wholemeal bread, chickpeas and borotti beans

The fibre is not always easy to hit. I found the higher amounts come from: Wholemeal pasta, brocolli, carrots, Wholemeal bread, apples, strawberries, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, salad & nuts.
Does anybody have any other suggestions?

The fibre is not always easy to hit. I found the higher amounts come from: Wholemeal pasta, brocolli, carrots, Wholemeal bread, apples, strawberries, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, salad & nuts.
Does anybody have any other suggestions?

I have porridge every morning and add fibre with some stuff I've bought at Holland and Barretts. I have no issues maxing out my fibre.

Donzy84 said:
What is everyone doing about the splurge day? do you still calorie count? Can't help thinking I might binge???
Any ideas on Fibre rich foods? today I only got 13g in but have 88g protein. and having wholemeal bread, chickpeas and borotti beans

It says to wait till two weeks until having a splurge day doesn't it? I'm not gonna think about it until that time comes!
Fibre rich foods I've found are - whole wheat pasta, almonds, apples, raspberries, shredded wheat, oatmeal and weetabix.

Ouu good idea about the pasta, having white tonight so might try and pop to shops on way hone and get done brown. I do have some benefibre at home, wasn't sure whether it would be cheating. Thanks for all the tips xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Donzy84 said:
Ouu good idea about the pasta, having white tonight so might try and pop to shops on way hone and get done brown. I do have some benefibre at home, wasn't sure whether it would be cheating. Thanks for all the tips xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What I've gathered from skinny rules, I don't think we're meant to use fibre supplements? I think we're meant to be getting all our fibre from the foods which is why he says "eat 30-50g of fibre a day"... But I'm not sure.

He does say to eat whole wheat or whole grain pasta and not white, I had some at home that my OH bought before and it's quite nice, doesn't taste much different from white in all honesty. I think the fibre intake is the hardest rule, the most difficult target to reach and I don't think I'll ever reach 50g!! xxx

Cool thanks :) just had a quick look and the only thing on there which is disallowed on the skinny rules is dried fruits.

Back