Bob Harper - The Skinny Rules

I've come to learn it doesn't matter what brand of sweetener it is, whether it's aspartame, splenda, stevia, or sugar alcohols. These sweeteners will spike your blood sugar, increase the amount of insulin your body produces, and the extra insulin gets stored as fat.
Sorry, I've got to butt in here... ;)
While I'm not an expert, I do know that
1. Artificial sweeteners will have no or close to no effect on your blood sugar level (depends on the amount of carbs in the product). If they did, people with diabetes would be in serious trouble!
2. It is certainly not the insulin that gets stored. :) But insulin regulates usage and storage of energy. If it's not needed, the surplus of energy gets stored - in the form of glycogen (short-term storage) or as fat (long-term storage). As you said, high insulin levels which are caused by sugar-rich foods ("spikes") have been linked to supporting adiposity in some studies.

After a holiday and a w/e in London, within the space of 3 weeks, I seemed to have put on 8lbs!!! Oh well day 1 on skinny rules today. I am aiming to lose the 8lb within 2 weeks........!
My focus is hitting my fibre target, drinking water with each meal, no carbs after lunch and feeling slightly hungry going to bed.
Wish me luck!!! :)

Shazzabir said:
After a holiday and a w/e in London, within the space of 3 weeks, I seemed to have put on 8lbs!!! Oh well day 1 on skinny rules today. I am aiming to lose the 8lb within 2 weeks........!
My focus is hitting my fibre target, drinking water with each meal, no carbs after lunch and feeling slightly hungry going to bed.

Good luck!!! I weighed this morning 1lb down after 2 days! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Shazzabir said:

Luck -- also protein with every meal!

Donzy84 said:
Good luck!!! I weighed this morning 1lb down after 2 days! X

Brilliant!!!!

Sorry, I've got to butt in here... ;)
While I'm not an expert, I do know that
1. Artificial sweeteners will have no or close to no effect on your blood sugar level (depends on the amount of carbs in the product). If they did, people with diabetes would be in serious trouble!
2. It is certainly not the insulin that gets stored. :) But insulin regulates usage and storage of energy. If it's not needed, the surplus of energy gets stored - in the form of glycogen (short-term storage) or as fat (long-term storage). As you said, high insulin levels which are caused by sugar-rich foods ("spikes") have been linked to supporting adiposity in some studies.

Thanks for your input, any corrections are great, but like I said I copied and pasted from the atkins section.
and as bob says stay away from artificial sugar thats why I posted it here.

Thanks

Good luck hun

Bob wants you to avoid the stuff because most of it is chemically not natural and even Stevia can trigger cravings. He thinks we need to cleanse our palates from all the sweet and salt.

MinnieMel said:
Bob wants you to avoid the stuff because most of it is chemically not natural and even Stevia can trigger cravings. He thinks we need to cleanse our palates from all the sweet and salt.
Yes I get that, all the time we eat sweet things it's makes us crave more. I've started having coffee with no sugar, told hubbie this morning that I can actually taste the coffee noe instead of just sweetness x

Yeah I've stopped all the salt and sweeteners. ( added salt and sweetners) And I can actually taste my food.

My first day done and the scales have rewarded me with a 4lb loss....!!! Feeling so much better already. Only 4lb to go now :)

Shazzabir said:
My first day done and the scales have rewarded me with a 4lb loss....!!! Feeling so much better already. Only 4lb to go now :)

Wow -- what a result! Congrats.

Donzy84 said:
Another 1lb for me x

Your doing great!! How r u finding it?

Hi all, I have just downloaded this for kindle and read the main part and flicked through the recipes. As he is American I assume we can't get some things here in England such as Ezekiel bread, farro? Any good substitutes ? X going shopping later! Sounds like your all doing well! X

shelley0363 said:
Hi all, I have just downloaded this for kindle and read the main part and flicked through the recipes. As he is American I assume we can't get some things here in England such as Ezekiel bread, farro? Any good substitutes ? X going shopping later! Sounds like your all doing well! X

You can get faro - it s a grain. Try Holland and Barratt's -- and just google the bread, look at the food label and find something similar.

shelley0363 said:

I've just been having any wholemeal bread x

Back