Bob Harper - The Skinny Rules

Must admit I haven't followed his meals, just his rules. The meatballs are fab though.

shelley0363 said:
Ahhh thank you!! Anyone found these small cucumber things he talks about?

U'd prob get them in waitrose but I'm just having normal x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My first day done and the scales have rewarded me with a 4lb loss....!!! Feeling so much better already. Only 4lb to go now :)
Well done fantastic x

Amazingly another 1.25lb loss for me....!!!!
I didnt expect to lose anything today, as I lost 4lb yesterday.
Energy levels are sky high :)

I love skinny rules.......!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Amazingly another 1.25lb loss for me....!!!!
I didnt expect to lose anything today, as I lost 4lb yesterday.
Energy levels are sky high :)

I love skinny rules.......!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well done!!!! i didn't lose anything this morning but feeling much better. Gonna check out your diary on MFP for some tips xxx

Great thread. I'm in Singapore and the book store is out of stock. Going to have to wait a while. What's the weight losses so far?

Sammy

sammyzip50 said:
Great thread. I'm in Singapore and the book store is out of stock. Going to have to wait a while. What's the weight losses so far?

Sammy

Four pounds in a week. Bought Ezekiel Bread today -- will try tomorrow.

sammyzip50 said:

Sammy

Just short of 3lbs in 5 days x

MinnieMel said:
Four pounds in a week. Bought Ezekiel Bread today -- will try tomorrow.

That's great!! :)

you guys are doing soooooo good, loving the losses i'm reading,

I really like the sound of the skinny rules. I'm doing a VLCD just now but I'd be interested in starting it when I've lost another half stone. Could anyone very briefly tell me what types of foods it allows, is it mainly protein and veg? Thanks and congrats on your losses :)

Sliminthecity pop to page 7 at the top shazzabir posted a thumb nail of the rules,
my understanding is drink ( water) before you eat, and first thing on the morning when you get up then have your brekki within the hour.
1200 cals a day and the protein amount is based on how much you weigh. ( sure others can give the correct calculation here),
have some fruit & nuts ( not the chocolate bar ha ha) in the day( apple) .....

Ill let the others fill in the blanks I have missed as they have the book.

sliminthecity said:
I really like the sound of the skinny rules. I'm doing a VLCD just now but I'd be interested in starting it when I've lost another half stone. Could anyone very briefly tell me what types of foods it allows, is it mainly protein and veg? Thanks and congrats on your losses :)

Yes basically all grains should be unrefined ie wholemeal pasta and bread, none after lunch though, and no white potato.

One splurge meal a week of whatever u like, eat apples and Berries (for fibre), consume 30-50g fibre a day, protein with every meal totalling half ur body weight in lbs x

Donzy84 said:
Yes basically all grains should be unrefined ie wholemeal pasta and bread, none after lunch though, and no white potato.

One splurge meal a week of whatever u like, eat apples and Berries (for fibre), consume 30-50g fibre a day, protein with every meal totalling half ur body weight in lbs x

Water within 15 min of waking. Water before eating. No calories after 8. Don't drink your calories. Apple a day. 0% fat Greek yoghurt. No soda, no artificial sweeteners. Portion control.

Thanks Minniemel, Donzy and Carrieblue. It sounds like common sense really :) the things we know we should do - but don't lol I think I'm gonna get it :)
Thanks again :)

What time are you guys calling lunch, is it when you have lunch, 12:pm, 1:pm or even as late as 2 :pm or your second meal in the day which could be any of those times?

Carrieblue said:
What time are you guys calling lunch, is it when you have lunch, 12:pm, 1:pm or even as late as 2 :pm or your second meal in the day which could be any of those times?

Bob says I carbs after lunch in one place and then says after three in another. I think the idea is to have any carbs at breakfast and lunch and make your evening meal low carb. He says no calories after 8, but then explains re: shift workers - no calories 3 hours before going to bed. "go to bed a little hungry" - it boosts your metabolism.

Last edited:
Back