Body Brushing?

peachy1982

Silver Member
Hi guys,
I have read in a few posts about body brushing to help renew skin, tighten up etc.
Can someone tell me what kind of brush i need to buy and what i need to do with it.
DO i just rub myself with it? lol
or is it a particular circular motion?
How often should i do it?
do you do it wet or dry?

Thanks guys
Peachy
x

I just have a shower brush from superdrug not too soft, I do dry brushing and just do a few strokes from feet upwards and from fingertips up arms towards body.
I was told to always brush towards the heart area not away form it ( if that makes sense)

Then have a shower and moisturise, couple of times a week.

I have two brushes. Both natural fibre which is kinder on the skin, one flat with fairly stiff bristles, the other very soft, just a little firmer than a baby's hairbrush. Some parts of your body are more sensitive than others! ;) Get a decent brush and Always brush DRY skin.
This link has some useful info:
Campus.ie

I've read that you should use long sweeping strokes from your feet upwards, concentrating on your thighs and bum where some unfortunate people (;)) have cellulite and always towards your heart. Then either down your arms if they're raised in the air or up them if you keep them by your side. I've also read that it's good to go in circles on your stomach for your digestion.

Body Shop and Boots sell body brushes.

Hope this helps

Back