Body Fat Analyzer

A quick search on Amazon seems to say these are really hard to find. Any reason a traditional scale type won't suit you? Mine is pretty good and the body fat results are comparable to one I used that was a scale type with a handheld attachment (if that makes sense). It's by Tanita and I especially like that it takes your lean muscle mass into account when displaying your BMR. Good luck finding something!

A good set of calipers are actually pretty cheap -- they'll set you back 10 quid at a stretch; you might be better off with some of those.

A body fat analyser is a crude estimation at best, kinda like BMI, it's very likely to be off by 2-5% each time you use it.

With calipers, though, so long as you use them correctly you'll get a much more accurate result.

RayeRaye said:
A good set of calipers are actually pretty cheap -- they'll set you back 10 quid at a stretch; you might be better off with some of those.

A body fat analyser is a crude estimation at best, kinda like BMI, it's very likely to be off by 2-5% each time you use it.

With calipers, though, so long as you use them correctly you'll get a much more accurate result.

Just curious, can one person easily use these on themself? That's what's always put me off them! :)

Just curious, can one person easily use these on themself? That's what's always put me off them! :)

Absolutely, they're very easy to use. You don't need to be terribly flexible and get readings in your subscapular region or anything, just a simple back (backside of the ribs is perfect), tricep, thigh and abdominal measurement should be sufficient.

It'll come with a chart that'll give you a pretty accurate result.

Calipers

Hi all
I have just ordered some calipers from Ebay - £1.28 inc postage and I yesterday I installed a free trial of also My workout trainer to record the measurement. Have not used the tracker yet as I am waiting for the calipers to arrive so I can measure.
I have always measured myself with a tape measure but I think that using a caliper will be more accurate.
Let you know how it goes
Debs

Back