Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Body Fat Analyzer

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Rhino, 23 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Rhino

Rhino Ex-22 stone unit!

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(30.16%)
    Can anyone suggest a good body fat analayzer? I'm after a handheld one :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rhino

Rhino Ex-22 stone unit!

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(30.16%)
  4. Plumfoodie

Plumfoodie Paleo maintenance rocks!

Start Weight:
    200lb
    Current Weight:
    137lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    63lb(31.5%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Primal diet + kettlebells
    A quick search on Amazon seems to say these are really hard to find. Any reason a traditional scale type won't suit you? Mine is pretty good and the body fat results are comparable to one I used that was a scale type with a handheld attachment (if that makes sense). It's by Tanita and I especially like that it takes your lean muscle mass into account when displaying your BMR. Good luck finding something!

5. RayeRaye

RayeRaye Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Diet:
    A self-concocted amalgamation of Low-GI and low-fat meals, plus veggie & fruity treats.
    A good set of calipers are actually pretty cheap -- they'll set you back 10 quid at a stretch; you might be better off with some of those.

A body fat analyser is a crude estimation at best, kinda like BMI, it's very likely to be off by 2-5% each time you use it.

With calipers, though, so long as you use them correctly you'll get a much more accurate result.

6. Plumfoodie

Plumfoodie Paleo maintenance rocks!

Start Weight:
    200lb
    Current Weight:
    137lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    63lb(31.5%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Primal diet + kettlebells
    Just curious, can one person easily use these on themself? That's what's always put me off them! :)

7. RayeRaye

RayeRaye Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Diet:
    A self-concocted amalgamation of Low-GI and low-fat meals, plus veggie & fruity treats.
    Absolutely, they're very easy to use. You don't need to be terribly flexible and get readings in your subscapular region or anything, just a simple back (backside of the ribs is perfect), tricep, thigh and abdominal measurement should be sufficient.

It'll come with a chart that'll give you a pretty accurate result.

8. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8%)
    Diet:
    none - just reduced calorie intake to 1400/ Hypnoband
    Calipers

Hi all
    I have just ordered some calipers from Ebay - £1.28 inc postage and I yesterday I installed a free trial of also My workout trainer to record the measurement. Have not used the tracker yet as I am waiting for the calipers to arrive so I can measure.
    I have always measured myself with a tape measure but I think that using a caliper will be more accurate.
    Let you know how it goes
    Debs

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.