Body fat percentage - How is a healthy level decided?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sez, 9 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Following on from Mrs Lards thread about BMI/Body fat percentage, I am now curious as to what the numbers mean.

My BMI is now between 30-31 (dependingon the calculation used), however my fat level is 43%. I have looked this up on the WWW and this seems to be incredibly high still, despite losing over 100lbs! :cry:

I cannot see that it will be in the suggested "healthy" range even once I reach my target, which is BMI 24. (see my ticker)

Does anyone have any better links for me to follow or any ideas as to this odd anomaly? I did begin to feel quite low at the thought that I will always be unhealthy, despite my best efforts!!!

Thanks in advance!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Lighter Life
    My best advice would be to do weight-bearing exercise and try to build some muscle. More muscle equals less fat!:D
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.