Body fat %

so if you are already on the lower end, why do you need to lose any more love? You don't want to end up looking like madonna!

Eeeew no you're right Jim, I don't!!

I go through phases where I'm happy as a size 12 with a wee bit of fat on me - but at the moment I'd like to aim for pretty slim, an 8-10 if possible. I know I have to be careful but if I keep training to keep my muscles in shape I should be ok.

I think I've always wanted to really 'go for it' and try to get my dream body (or as close as poss without the help of a surgeon, LOL). Atkins seems to be working well for me, I feel healthy and strong, so maybe this is my chance to go for it!

Don't worry though, I have a concerned OH who will have a word if I get too spindly! :D

so if you are already on the lower end, why do you need to lose any more love? You don't want to end up looking like madonna!

Crikey, heaven forbid!!! I cant think why Madonna wants to look like Madonna?!

Somehow don't that's likely though.

LOL, OK I'll leave it to your DH then. :D

Hooya,

Sorry to be the voice of doom and gloom here but you should be aware that us ladies need a certain level of bodyfat to maintain a healthy menstrual cycle.

It is not unheard of for females with a bodyfat % of sub 18% to have their cycles stop. It is the bodies own way of letting you know it isnt at a weight it is happy with.

This is commonly seen in female bodybuilding circles when they are in preparation for contests. These women however only maintain this low fat% for short periods of time before returning to "normal" eating patterns.

Six pack? I have a party seven! (remember those Jim?)

Hooya,

Sorry to be the voice of doom and gloom here but you should be aware that us ladies need a certain level of bodyfat to maintain a healthy menstrual cycle.

It is not unheard of for females with a bodyfat % of sub 18% to have their cycles stop. It is the bodies own way of letting you know it isnt at a weight it is happy with.QUOTE]

Hi Boogaloo - yes I had heard that really skinny people (and athletes like marathon runners) sometimes stop menstruating as their bodies are a bit unimpressed by that punishment! Don't worry I have no intention of doing that - I think our bodies are pretty good at giving us clear signs!

I'm keeping an eye on all the vital signs and making sure I go slow and steady, and am feeling at my best. Much as I'm no fan of my menstrual cycle I would be VERY worried if it wasn't there :D

Sorry if that's TMI for the gents on here!

x

Party 7, oh yes TT, I could drink 2 of them at one time. LOL. Giving your age away there Annamaria. ;)

Back