Body Image

Maybe we'll just always be critical... I spent the day in dublin and i'm just sat here looking at the photos.. and i think i look lopsided lol, my legs do look thinner.. body needs to catch up quick!

Maybe - sometimes I think that it's all very well working on the physical and there is so much help out there to do that. The emotional/mental side of it is a little more difficult to get a handle on and there are more taboos around it

xxx

i have lipotrim to thanks for everything btu i do often wonder if it can really mess your head up, you dont eat and feel slim, hearing my tummy grumble is a good thing, but as soon as i eat anything, even a biscuit i feel 3 stone heavier, i really do wonder if it can mentaly mess up someone head and become a eating disorder after?????

I have felt this way too, i think the diet is brilliant, but the control you have when you don't eat for any length of time can over come it. I know myself that a few days during my initial 9 weeks, I didnt have any shakes for a day or two, and I felt great knowing I had that self control.. something I haven't got when it comes to real food. Even when off the diet.. these past 2 weeks, even if i've followed the re-feed sheet, it has been complete panic. No control, I have contemplated making myself sick, just not eating anything at all.. loads of things. From the safety net of lipo trim its such a shock, the paranoia is intense, i've felt that anything i eat people are thinking, oh theres the start of it all going back on. I feel it too. I am in a constant state of worry. It def could lead to an eating disorder in people.

To be honest I did try it a few times, after my 1st attempt at LT last year, but I physically can't make myself sick.

I have felt this way too, i think the diet is brilliant, but the control you have when you don't eat for any length of time can over come it. I know myself that a few days during my initial 9 weeks, I didnt have any shakes for a day or two, and I felt great knowing I had that self control.. something I haven't got when it comes to real food. Even when off the diet.. these past 2 weeks, even if i've followed the re-feed sheet, it has been complete panic. No control, I have contemplated making myself sick, just not eating anything at all.. loads of things. From the safety net of lipo trim its such a shock, the paranoia is intense, i've felt that anything i eat people are thinking, oh theres the start of it all going back on. I feel it too. I am in a constant state of worry. It def could lead to an eating disorder in people.

thank god its not just me then, but ive discussed this with mates and they agree, lipotrim is good, brill even but i really do think its messed with my head and made me scared of food, when on atkins i craved that hungry feelling, i looked fat and bloated, now my belly empty again, i feel better, i think they should include councelling with the refeed lol

They really should, its making me mental :)

same here love x

I don't know how to quote??? !!!%% but Missy and natalieann, i couldn't have said it better. It really is about the control. I refed 5 weeks ago and I panicked so badly, I was terrified of eating. And then the choice was back and so were the crisps, I'm so glad to be back on this diet. There is no sugar rush or no sugar addiction cravings going on. Sandra B was so right earlier in the thread when she spoke about our addiction to carbs especailly sugar.

I don't know how to quote??? !!!%% but Missy and natalieann, i couldn't have said it better. It really is about the control. I refed 5 weeks ago and I panicked so badly, I was terrified of eating. And then the choice was back and so were the crisps, I'm so glad to be back on this diet. There is no sugar rush or no sugar addiction cravings going on. Sandra B was so right earlier in the thread when she spoke about our addiction to carbs especailly sugar.

totally yes, im a big carb lover, bread, pasta, jackets spuds, pork pies, suasage rolls etc, all that stuff is why i got fat, and i love them, but i bet everytime i eat some of it after ill feel hugeeeeeee:eek:

I have to say I think LT falls down in a big way with it's refeed. My personal opinion is that 1 week is NOT sufficient for people to go from TFR to basically eating all food groups. Cambridge diet has a much better (IMO!), graduated program to reintroduce food. Eg their TFR (sole source) is the same as LT, 3 products and 420 cals. Then you can do sole source plus, which is either 4 products plus some skimmed milk, or 3 products and a 200 cal meal - but it's to be chosen from a limited selection of food - namely white meat or fish, and green veg. Next up from this 620cal level is 810 cals a day, again from a combination of products and limited selection of food, which is high protein, low carb, low fat. Next up is 1000 cals - and so on. I think that really helps tackle the mental side of things.

I've been really struggling to stay on TFR recently, so rather than fall off the wagon completely (as I did one day, eating bread and chocolate!) I have decided if I'm desperate to eat, I'll turn it into SS+ / 810 day. It's still mentally hard - I do feel like I'm 'cheating' rather than allowing myself onto a higher step of the program. I suppose part of that is that I had planned on being TFR until 19th Nov, and am disappointed in myself for not making it that far. I'm also frightened that I'll put weight on eating daily; I'm also frightened that eating ANYTHING will encourage me to eat bad things again.

I have to say I am going to carry on seeing my cambridge consultant at LEAST fortnightly when I'm on maintenance, as I will still buy 1 product a day for lunches to a/ help keep my calorie intake lower, b/ be a daily reminder of my journey and to not fall back into bad habits, and c/ a regular weigh in with a 3rd party will (hopefully!) force me into action quickly if the weight creeps back in, before it actually makes a big difference to my size and health.

I'm reading the Dukan Diet book at the moment and so much of it makes sense......obviously I can't recite it all here but the salient points are as follows

* carbs really are the enemy, and our bodies having evolved from caveman days aren't able to process them efficiently. Hence you really do become addicted to carbs and sweet stuff. So called common sense, however, has just dictated that one is simply being a pig by eating this stuff and it's easy to just cut it out. Dukan states that hunger cannot simply be over-ridden and once addicted to carbs and sugar it's a long haul to get over it.

* Dukan advocates that it takes 5 days for every lb lost to consolidate your weight, hence it takes months to truly stabilise having lost a substantial amount of weight

* not many diets offer support once the weight is gone but in the first three months when you start eating again your body is trying extra hard to hang onto the calories again as it's worried that you're going to starve it again! Hence the reason that so many people lost weight only to put it back on at double quick speed. What support does LT really offer in the long-term? I don't ask this as a criticism but am just stating a fact. It's not the support of our pharmacist that has made us successful on this diet but the continued support of each other!

There's loads more that really makes sense but I'm on my iPad and novel writing is too hard so I'll leave it at that!

Food for thought.....

5 days for every lb of weight lost... that's really interesting. By the time I've reached goal, I will have lost over 57lbs. So that's 285 days! That's 41 weeks - and the diet itself will have only taken about 20 weeks. That's actually really encouraging to think it's 'normal' to take time for the mind to catch up, and cautions us all to be extra careful for the 6 months or so following our diets...

Back