Body magic buddy, where are you?!

SophiaF

Hiya I am doing slimming world and need a body magic buddy. The group leader says it doesnt help that much but our group slimmer of the week is doing body magic, and for the last 2 weeks running has lost 10lb then 6lb so I beg to differ!!!! I did think of buddying up with her but she is going for her gold and I am just starting bronze. She does 1/2 hour running a week and kettleworks, which as far as I can make out, is swinging a huge lump of iron about the place :eek: (Im a bit accident prone :rolleyes: so thats not for me)

So any takers?

For bronze? Its 45 mins a week in at least 3 lots of 15 minutes

:whacky068::whip:

C'monnn, you know you wanna...

Meeeeeeeeeee! I need to reread the body magic book as i'm not exactly sure what it entails unless you can help? but i am up for it! x

Yay! A body magic buddy!:wavey:

Im filling out my F.I.T log (you get them from group if its not in your folder) Im finding it is helping me to focus. Basically bronze award is 4 weeks of doing 3 x 15 minutes of moderate activity, it can be whatever you like as long as it gets your heart rate up a bit, or makes you break a bit of a sweat. Im not sure if you have to hand it in? Will have to find out eh!

Its good cos it tells you on there not to have an all or nothing approach, its about building exercise into your life as a routine, (instead of going crazymad with far too ambitious exercise, overdoing it, and spending a few days moaning in agony hunched over going "never again!" been there? I have!)

I am doing weed pulling and mowing the lawn and exercises, as my garden is a right state at the mo. I am also doing housework. Now the warm weather is here Im gonna start going walking/babywearing, I figure if I set my alarm for 8 minutes, and just walk away from my house, when it goes off I can turn round and walk home? See how far I can get, then maybe try and beat it next time! I bet the neighbours a few streets away will think Ive gone mad "look here comes that crazy lady with her baby strapped on again...look now shes turned back she does it every day, I wonder whats wrong with her?!" lol

Even if you dont have a fit log you can just make a pledge to yourself to be more active. Even if you start with 5 mins a day. Every minute helps! It gets your metabolism going and helps shift the lbs. Plus it has really perked me up I have got more energy! Im a long way from fit but I dont feel constantly tired all the time now, even tho I have a 7 month baby who I breastfeed. I feel so different from 2 weeks ago slimming world has really changed my life!

x

:wavey:

Ive started exercise this week.. 30 mins on the treadmill and hoping to do it 4 times by Sunday.

Welcome Roziee :D

wow 30 mins 4 times I think thats bronze level! Well done keep it up I will ask thurs whether we have to hand our forms in to get stickers - I want lots of sparkly stickers on my book :D x

SophiaF said:
Welcome Roziee :D

wow 30 mins 4 times I think thats bronze level! Well done keep it up I will ask thurs whether we have to hand our forms in to get stickers - I want lots of sparkly stickers on my book :D x

Thank you Sophia :)

I will end up with 2 hours of exercise this week not 3.. Didn't do any yesterday...

well any exercise is better than none eh! :) Are you walking jogging or running on the treadmill? Im so unfit it makes me feel old - I used to take it for granted that I could run whenever I like, I want to feel like that again! x

SophiaF said:
well any exercise is better than none eh! :) Are you walking jogging or running on the treadmill? Im so unfit it makes me feel old - I used to take it for granted that I could run whenever I like, I want to feel like that again! x

I'm walking at a speed of 4.5 (I think it's kmph) on my treadmill.. I'm 20 stones.. Running isn't an option yet! Lol

Slowly but surely you will be running the marathon! We both will actually! X

I'm walking at a speed of 4.5 (I think it's kmph) on my treadmill.. I'm 20 stones.. Running isn't an option yet! Lol

Slowly but surely you will be running the marathon! We both will actually! X

Thats what I like to hear, a positive attitude :happy096: Running isnt an option for either of us yet but it will be eh! I feel like Im so unfit Id probably have a heart attack, its been so long since I ran. One step at a time we will get there!
this first :whacky068:

then this :chores016:

:D x

SophiaF said:
Thats what I like to hear, a positive attitude :happy096: Running isnt an option for either of us yet but it will be eh! I feel like Im so unfit Id probably have a heart attack, its been so long since I ran. One step at a time we will get there!
this first :whacky068:

then this :chores016:

:D x

:8855: look this emoticon :chores016:

:8855: look this emoticon :chores016:

yeah, and I havent even GOT a dog ;)

Went for a lovely walk up the banks yesterday with the in-laws. Actually we took their dog but its such a lazy dog we were pulling HER along not the other way! Not exactly strenuous but was nice to get out in the sunshine, and catch up with folks and beats sittin in on the sofa feelin knackered eh. Hubby has been eating the same as me, hes got a few lbs to lose. We have a 7 month baby so he is used to feeling knackered - yesterday even after walking he said this is the least knackered he's felt in years, I recon its all the fruit and veg, and getting rid of stodgy food like bread.

Today I will be walking up the town (fast) with the buggy I might look out for a ....dun dun dunnnnn...tracksuit :eek: I dont mind getting sweaty if I can wash and change after :D x

I lost 3.5 lbs this week :) very happy with that. Gonna try to up the exercise if I can because I have family coming over the bank holiday weekend an I know I'll eat something or another's that's synful! I'm gonna have very low syns Monday-Friday to save my syns too.

Well done on buying the track suit!! You must show me when you get it!

Enjoy the sunshine.. Beautiful for the Body and soul :)

Glad hubby is having a positive effect on the new lifestyle too. What days do u do?

I lost 3.5 lbs this week :) very happy with that. Gonna try to up the exercise if I can because I have family coming over the bank holiday weekend an I know I'll eat something or another's that's synful! I'm gonna have very low syns Monday-Friday to save my syns too.

Well done on buying the track suit!! You must show me when you get it!

Enjoy the sunshine.. Beautiful for the Body and soul :)

Glad hubby is having a positive effect on the new lifestyle too. What days do u do?

Wow 3 1/2 thats really good do you normally lose that much? :) How? I normally lose 1 or 2 when I try really hard. Yes good idea about saving syns up for the bank hols, its my hubbys birthday then too so we will be having the whole family round and I will have to produce a cake. :( Im at a loss for what to do I guess I could make the roulade for them. I normally do a giant chocolate cake I have a 10" tin.

my mother in law has said she'd like to give this diet a go but I dont know whether she said it to shut my hubby up he was going on about it and how great he feels lol

I always do the extra easy days because...well its extra easy, clue's in the name I suppose. I did this diet years ago when it was only red or green I found I didnt like only having a tiny bit of pasta/potatoes with my meat, or only having a tiny bit of meat with my starch. So EE days work well for me, which days do you do?

Do you think the exrecising is helping with the weight loss?

x

Went swimming this morning at 6am (killer!!), would this count towards bodymagic? :D x

SophiaF said:
Wow 3 1/2 thats really good do you normally lose that much? :) How? I normally lose 1 or 2 when I try really hard. Yes good idea about saving syns up for the bank hols, its my hubbys birthday then too so we will be having the whole family round and I will have to produce a cake. :( Im at a loss for what to do I guess I could make the roulade for them. I normally do a giant chocolate cake I have a 10" tin.

my mother in law has said she'd like to give this diet a go but I dont know whether she said it to shut my hubby up he was going on about it and how great he feels lol

I always do the extra easy days because...well its extra easy, clue's in the name I suppose. I did this diet years ago when it was only red or green I found I didnt like only having a tiny bit of pasta/potatoes with my meat, or only having a tiny bit of meat with my starch. So EE days work well for me, which days do you do?

Do you think the exrecising is helping with the weight loss?

x

Hello darling,

I've been up an down for months and months and last week was my first proper week in ages that I was on plan and exercising. When I first started sw last year I had great losses.. Then I'd have 1-2 lbs losses. I think I had a good loss because I was back on track for the first time in he's and te exercising helped I'm sure.

kelz89 said:
Went swimming this morning at 6am (killer!!), would this count towards bodymagic? :D x

Of course!

Hiya Roziee & Kelz!

@ Roziee well you have done really well with your losses this time eh! What hav you lost 3st? :greenapple:

@ Kelz 6am swimming wow thats what I call committed! If you do 15 mins of any moderate exercise, 3 x a week, can be different things, yes that counts! I have still not mowed the lawn. :( I walked really fast up the town tho to buy a tracksuit and the skies opened we had thunder and lightning and I had to abandon the mission! I walked home in the rain, slipping around in flimsy sandals and hanging onto the pram for dear life. I looked like some sort of novice ice skater with a zimmer frame :rolleyes:

I have been weedpulling too and dont have many weeds left now so nothing to put off the dreaded lawn. You know what it is, don't you? The mower is...I dont know where...one of the sheds...which means ....:secret:spiders :eek: :bolt: then the lawn has all snails crawling up the grass and I hate treading on snails, not only are they crunchy and wet, but also they are just minding their own business, jus moochin' around, and don't deserve to die?!

But I have been super busy hardly sitting down at all! Weigh in tomorrow (when do you ladies weigh in?) so a fresh FIT log and a fresh start with mowing the lawn not as my body magic! I will stick to stretches, walking and weeding/housework (hoovering window cleaning) the place should be gleaming by now but its not lol

I will walk to club as long as its not slinging it down (35 minutes each way will count towards 1/3 of my body magic as long as I walk quickly eh) :D x x

SophiaF said:
Hiya Roziee & Kelz!

@ Roziee well you have done really well with your losses this time eh! What hav you lost 3st? :greenapple:

@ Kelz 6am swimming wow thats what I call committed! If you do 15 mins of any moderate exercise, 3 x a week, can be different things, yes that counts! I have still not mowed the lawn. :( I walked really fast up the town tho to buy a tracksuit and the skies opened we had thunder and lightning and I had to abandon the mission! I walked home in the rain, slipping around in flimsy sandals and hanging onto the pram for dear life. I looked like some sort of novice ice skater with a zimmer frame :rolleyes:

I have been weedpulling too and dont have many weeds left now so nothing to put off the dreaded lawn. You know what it is, don't you? The mower is...I dont know where...one of the sheds...which means ....:secret:spiders :eek: :bolt: then the lawn has all snails crawling up the grass and I hate treading on snails, not only are they crunchy and wet, but also they are just minding their own business, jus moochin' around, and don't deserve to die?!

But I have been super busy hardly sitting down at all! Weigh in tomorrow (when do you ladies weigh in?) so a fresh FIT log and a fresh start with mowing the lawn not as my body magic! I will stick to stretches, walking and weeding/housework (hoovering window cleaning) the place should be gleaming by now but its not lol

I will walk to club as long as its not slinging it down (35 minutes each way will count towards 1/3 of my body magic as long as I walk quickly eh) :D x x

Wow 35 mins walk to your group is commitment!

I have my nekkid Monday morning WIs :D

Just done 30 minutes of Trevor (my treadmill :giggle: ) and had my supper. Rest for an hour then I gotta clean the flat, shower then sleep times!

I have my nekkid Monday morning WIs :D
I take it you WI at home then? ;) Its great you've named your treadmill, I've always named my cars! Actually I just got a new (to me) car which I havent named yet, dont wanna get too friendly with the car...mebe I'll name my trainers instead :hmm:

I have pledged to myself that if its less than 2 miles radius I will walk it. There, I said it out loud for anyone else to see! Anyway the new car is big and guzzly so can't blummin afford to drive everywhere! x

SophiaF said:
I take it you WI at home then? ;) Its great you've named your treadmill, I've always named my cars! Actually I just got a new (to me) car which I havent named yet, dont wanna get too friendly with the car...mebe I'll name my trainers instead :hmm:

I have pledged to myself that if its less than 2 miles radius I will walk it. There, I said it out loud for anyone else to see! Anyway the new car is big and guzzly so can't blummin afford to drive everywhere! x

Yes lol went to group for a few weeks but it was rubbish. Didn't like it. It was in the evenings and was too long and too dull!

Well done on the walking.. Soon it'll be a breeze to walk there and back!

Back