Body Magic - What's your favourite activity?

every day (well 5 times a week mon-fri) i walk home from work, a mile total and it takes me at the most 1/2 an hour.
now ill probabbly walk to work from home in the mornings aswell, total of 1 hours exercise for the day.
im also starting swimming in a public pool and SHOCK ! ( REMEMBER this is a 24-28 dress size woman here) doing the gym! { i.e running machine!}

im a hot mess baby :p

I walk 3.8miles a day with the dog anyway - but that's something I did even at my largest, so I've been trying to add to this.

Have just signed up for parkrun - a free 5k event in my local park every saturday morning. I'm expecting to have to walk at least some of it but my plan is that if I do it every week I will hopefully get better and better!

Swimming is also a favourite exercise but I'm giving it a rest at the moment as I like swimming in quiet/nearly empty pools so am waiting for all the kids to go back to school before I venture back to daytime swimming.

I do aqua fit about 3 times a week and try to fit in a swim at least once a week. I also have a vibro plate which I use for toning.

Today i did a 16 minute high interval training run one minute at 10/11kph one minute at 8.5kph, repeat eight times, boy it makes you sweat. That was this morning, and this evening i did an hour of Kettlercise with a 6kg kettlebell. Pure torture, but i need the upper body workouts which i havent done since i lost loads of weight.

I do walking the dog, and ten minute solution DVDs. Target toning for my muscle strengthening activity. Swimming when I get the opportunity.

I am intending to join a weekly exercise class once the kids are back ay school but imagine I may get a shock at the increase in intensity and time.

Back