Body Magic

Tallis

Looking through the forum I couldn't find anything about the SW Body Magic goals. I would like to start them after my weigh in tomorrow as I feel I could do with a bit of extra stamina.
The problem I have is that I don't feel comfortable exercising in public (running?) and don't have money for a gym membership. I walk our dogs twice a day but walking doesn't feel like exercise.
Anyone that can help me starting with ideas on what to do or where to find ideas? I'd be very thankful!

xx

How about getting some DVDs? The Davina ones are good or Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. I have picked up used copies of both on Ebay. Walking does count but you should be walking briskly, not just strolling, so that you are breathless but still able to hold a conversation. If you have a smartphone you can track how fast and how far you are walking if you download an app like endomondo or MapmyFitness. There is also a Davina fitness app which is good. I see lots of other apps on Google play but I don't know how good they are.

Leslie Sansone is on YouTube

Exercise TV/Start walking at home 1 mile with Leslie Sansone - YouTube ---- 1 mile

Exercise TV / Start walking at home 2 miles with Leslie Sansone - YouTube ---- 2 miles

Exercise TV Start walking at home 3 miles with Leslie Sansone - YouTube -----3 miles

These are aerobic walks and burn 100 cals per mile. I have them on a memory stick and put them on the TV

I do the 2 mile one every morning - takes 30 mins and it is brilliant.

This is the chart for the crunch daily challenge

Think some of us are starting this tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks both for the ideas! I will definitely try the walks and start my search for a good deal on the DVDs!

Do you have access to a car? If so then look for an exercise bike on eBay, you can search locally and as they tend not offer postage for such big items, you can often get one for as little as £10-20. Put that in front of the tv and bike through your favourite programme, taking a rest in the ad break. You'll be Gold before you know it!!

Do you have access to a car? If so then look for an exercise bike on eBay, you can search locally and as they tend not offer postage for such big items, you can often get one for as little as £10-20. Put that in front of the tv and bike through your favourite programme, taking a rest in the ad break. You'll be Gold before you know it!!

Second this, we bought one for Hubbie he's diabetic needs to up his exercise, 25 mins is some thing like 200 calories burnt. X

How long/far do you walk your dogs? I've upped our walks and I'm now between 4 and 8 miles a day, which certainly feels like exercise! I also love going hiking with them which is great exercise. I know you said you don't feel comfortable running, but cani-x (running with your dog attached to you) would be something to look in to if your dog is able. :)

Looking through the forum I couldn't find anything about the SW Body Magic goals. I would like to start them after my weigh in tomorrow as I feel I could do with a bit of extra stamina.
The problem I have is that I don't feel comfortable exercising in public (running?) and don't have money for a gym membership. I walk our dogs twice a day but walking doesn't feel like exercise.
Anyone that can help me starting with ideas on what to do or where to find ideas? I'd be very thankful!

xx

Walking definitely feels like exercise to me :) can you buy some ankle weights to put a little more resistance. My pal is a trainer and swears by them :) x

Leslie Sansone is on YouTube

Exercise TV/Start walking at home 1 mile with Leslie Sansone - YouTube ---- 1 mile

Exercise TV / Start walking at home 2 miles with Leslie Sansone - YouTube ---- 2 miles

Exercise TV Start walking at home 3 miles with Leslie Sansone - YouTube -----3 miles

These are aerobic walks and burn 100 cals per mile. I have them on a memory stick and put them on the TV

I do the 2 mile one every morning - takes 30 mins and it is brilliant.

This is the chart for the crunch daily challenge

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/systema2/media/1-CRUNCHCHALLENGE_zps71b50c63.jpg.html

Think some of us are starting this tomorrow.

OMG I lovvvvve it I'm sooooo doing this!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

With that 30 day challenge... do they all need to be done in one go, or could you spread them out over the course of the day? Id love to do it and the squat challenge, but I cant imagine doing 60 of each in one go!!

This is the Squat Challenge

The squat challenge is the easiest - IMO - and I do them when I am doing things like waiting for the kettle. Also - might sound daft - when I have been to the loo I finish then do 10 or 20 pretending to sit back down on the loo :D

Leslie Sansone walking ones are the best - only time I have every done excercise at home and stuck to it - done 2 miles everyday and going to try the 3 today.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting these tips I walk home from work everyday but wanted to increase my exercise. I will definitely try the squats I struggle with crunches because in never sure if I'm doing them right lol. Oh well I may give the walking at home a try too :0)

Back