body monitering scales

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
RIGHT !!!! enough whining and *****ing and wondering why im not loosing , ive reserved a set of scales at argos and ill pick them up tomorrow , they were the best they had at 59.99 but its a small price to pay to stop myself whining !!!:copon:
they read base metabolic rate , water weight, body fat, muscle mass and of course weight , firgure if i can see whats going on 'inside' my body ill be able to understand the lack of scale movement and stop winding myself up:eek:.....and driving you guys nuts !
so will get them tomorrow and start looking at my muscle mass ect and see how my body shapes up with the exersize ect .....

Last edited:
Good luck with ya new scales, you will have to let us know how they are!! I am obsessed with getting weighed, think my OH will kill me if i bought them scales. I would never be off them . xx

New scales.... shouldnt that read, new shoes....killer heigh 1`s....

Ive got scales like that but not as fancy. Mines doesnt do water just fat, weight and something else I cant rememeber......
Lets hope ur "old" scales shine bright for you 2m and MOVE!!! U have worked so hard, its about time they were nice......If not, then Im sure u will enjoy throwing them away make room for ur new shiney posh 1`s.....

Sleep tight, pet

Woofy X

Mornings.... Had a look at my scales today also form argos
Weight Watchers 4- in-1 Body Analyser Scale.

The thing is, ive lost the book so have no idea what is all means

27.7 B
L2
3.9 1/2 Bf
34.3 Bf
h20 47.9

Any ideas?

Woofy X

Oh will be interested to see how you get on with those. I fancy some scales like that.

mine were £29. Sukies are £60, wow! I hope they tell her they love her at that price, oh and make the bed hee hee

Might google it and see how badly in shape I am from the inside

Woofy X

Ebay Item number: 140293435488
£9.99 p&p £8.99

Ive these 1`s. cheaper than in the shops. I love Ebay

Woofy X

Mornings.... Had a look at my scales today also form argos
Weight Watchers 4- in-1 Body Analyser Scale.

The thing is, ive lost the book so have no idea what is all means

27.7 B bmi
L2
3.9 1/2 Bf body fat weight
34.3 Bf body fat %
h20 47.9 water %

Any ideas?

Woofy X

I have similar ones, mine dont mention L2 though. xx

cool, cheers for that, love.
Have you the book to say how good/bad (prob bad) it is.

Woofy X

I do have the book somewhere but dont think it says what we should aim for.

Mine at the mo off the top of my head are:
bmi - 28.2
fat weight - 3, 13.5
fat% 33% ish
water % 48 ish

My water one is the only one that changes a lot, is a good one to keep an eye on as if you are v dehydrated you will weigh less than if you have drunk loads

Did find these on the net for u..

bodyfatb.jpg

Recommended Body Water Percentage:

Women 45-60%​
Men 50-65%​

Is that for body fat above? So im 34.3 % and im 36 years old= OVER FAT!!!! lol..... Nice!

Woofy X

You arnt very over fat though, I was 36% when I started, I suppose it muscle to fat that it looks at.

Get bobbi out for another walk.. is it sunny there today? Its lovely here! (If a bit chilly!)

Bob is sleeping... She can only have 1 walk as she has hip problems, shes only 18 months. Bless her.... Its freezing her but yes, a little sun. Cheers for doin the above, pet

Woofy X

Oh wow, I find that all very confusing. Will try to get my head around it.

I might go for a shifty on ebay in minute.

Might be a silly question, but how do the scales know your body fat???? How does it know what kind of frame you have?

U stand on them bare foot and then.... I dont know, pet lol

I believe in *MAGIC* hee hee

Woofy X

Hmmm, just checked those ones on ebay. They are a bargain. Might get a set of those. Will think about it!

How Body Fat Scales Work And Why It's Important

Body fat scales use a technique called Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis... or BIA for short. Very simply...
A small and completely harmless electrical current is passed through your body. The electrical current passes more quickly through fat free tissue like muscle than it does through fat or bone tissue. So...
The amount of resistance to the electrical current relates to how much fat-free mass a person has and their body density. Here's the first challenge...
Like all body fat tests, body fat scales don't actually measure your body fat percentage. They determine your body density. The examiner (or the scales) then uses a formula to calculate body fat percentage based on body density. Here's the key...
These formulas just predict your body fat. Unfortunately there is no one formula that accurately predicts body fat for the whole population. Differences in age, gender, ethnicity, body size, and fitness level all have a significant affect on the results.
Most scales can account for some of the basic differences such as age and gender, but take the actual body fat percentage they give you with a pinch of salt. What does this all mean for you?
Well, whether body fat scales measure your "true" body fat percentage or not doesn't matter! As long as they can accurately monitor changes in your body composition over time, that's all you need.

xxx

Back