Body parts

Watergirl

Rock Solid
When I first started this diet I had images of me becoming perfection at goal (it got me through...:D)

Now that I'm not overly far from goal I am interested in how other peoples' shapes have changed and what they like/don't like and if anything unexpected has happened?

I have always hated my thighs, bums, hips and stomach, being a classic pear.
However, since I've been x-training my bum and legs have really toned and I'd be happy to show them off.....BUT when you look up my body there's practically a ledge where my hips are still.

I'm working hard on exercise and it does seem to be improving things.

Also my boobs have shrunk...a lot! Don't mind too much about that, but hoping that they won't shrink any further. I was a 38D and am back to a 36C, but most of my bras are feeling loose.

It's annoying I can't take whats on my hips and beef up the tops of my boobs a bit. :rolleyes:

I still hate my thighs! My body seems to be the same just smaller if you know what I mean. The only toned place is my arms. Excercise will sort that though.

I'm finding lunges and squats are working for my thighs. Having said that I like my outer thigh, but the very top inner bit is still flabby. I also have fat on my inner knee!!! What's that about and how can you get rid?!

I think I remember Demi Moore getting lipo on her knees, but that's a bit extreme and expensive.

How have you toned your arms eyeontheprize?

I want thin legs, I've always had chunky legs that don't look good unless in pants or a very short skirt and high heels (holidays)
So do you recommend the X-trainer then? we have one but I've ignored it lately.
I've also got little cute hand weights that I use for my upper arms whilst in bed, I do 10 mins of lying flat then raising my arms up and hoding them then slowly slowly lowering them back flat ... hurts like hell but does work.

yeah definitely recommend the xtrainer. I love it and I've typically been very lazy.

I do 20 mins, but did 40 yesterday in 2 lots. I have it on a high resistance and don't go too fast, so it's building my muscle rather than aerobic and it's really toning me. I feel like I'm going to die for the first 2 mins then get into it.

Really wish there was netball around here, but there isn't. I love netball.

Netball and cricket are the best sports. Fact.

Didn't do anything to tone my arms but I work pulling pints on weekends so they get a good 10 hour workout then!

Haha, now that's my idea of a good workout!!!

Well I never played cricket at school, but my faves were netball and rounders. It's a shame that as adults there are few opportunities to play games like that.

I much prefer competitive sport to get fit than going to a gym or exercising at home. If we all lived close together we could set up CD leagues!!!

i hate all the excess skin i have, so the amount of body parts i have issues with is vast....this includes from the top down:

Neck
Breasts
Stomachs...yes, plural as i still have 3!
Lower back
Inner thigs
Butt

My Doctor's face when i showed her....she felt so sorry for me that i had come so far and yet its like a whole new battle! :(

However, its there and there isnt anything i can do about it apart from exercise....so i'm doing that! :D

xx

Hi folks - get a set of thigh trimmers, fantastic for inner and outer thighs, and you can also use to tone arms too! I discovered them at Pilates class about 3 years ago,and wouldn't be without them. Cheap too at about a fiver.

I know what you mean Lizz, as you kind of hope that once you've dieted that's it. I would still rather be as I am now with stretch marks and lose skin than how I was before though. Doesn't stop me trying everything under the sun to help with it though!!! :)

I've not had much chance to consider at length what bits I like or don't like now I'm thinner, until reading this thread.

My boobs shrunk. Gutted! Am still not too happy, and despite professional measuring have yet to find the perfect bra fit. Fortunately the two bras I have from halfway through SS+ are entirely fine - it seems that anything else that's the same label size is way off :(

Sitting on the living room floor an hour ago I discovered that I have a bony bum... and sitting on the floor is uncomfortable! I commented to DOH about it... then bit my lip as I didn't feel quite right whingeing when it's a result of something I wanted so much. So I'll damn well get used to having a bony bum!!!

Fortunately my skin has been fine. I've lost a lot of weight, but I moisturised often before CD and invested in Palmers Firming Lotion just at the start, lavishing it on for the first few weeks. Touchwood the skin is okay, give or take a few stretch marks on the top of my thighs - I've been lucky there. (And the Palmers Firming Lotion smells like Alphabet Candy... but with no calories!).

Ultimately, where I am is where I want to be, so when I do find the 'yuk' bits I think I will just remember where I was and how much I hated myself and how delighted I've been with the results of CD.

Back