body pump

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by doby, 24 January 2011 Social URL.

1. doby

doby Member

hi just thinking of joining a body pump class, I have been going to Zumba for a couple of months but the class is full to capacity at the moment anyone tried body pump? what do you think of it?:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lumps

Lumps Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to do one and quite enjoyed it. I found the first couple really hard work, but could feel my fitness improving each week I went so would recommend!

4. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I do body pump & last week I started a body combat class too - where I go body combat is done as the class before body pump so I am going to one after the other - I certainly feel tighter but I have to say that after my first body pump class my legs hurt so much the next day that sitting on the loo was such an effort!!

5. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I go to body pump too, like Julie had trouble with the loo after it lol until the Fri! (my class is a mon night)

You definitely get used to it though, i know Ive been doing something the next day but able to go about day to day life fine, whereas after 1st week felt like i had been hit by a bus lol

Mine is always a bit different every week as well which I like

6. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    What is body pump? What type of exercises? Be dead interested to know!

7. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    From my class description on timetable "a non impact class which strengthens, conditions and tones the body using barbells and dumbells"

You do different exercises with handweights/bars. She will also get us to use a step or exercise ball and sometimes a band.

There is a lot of looks fly about my class as in is she serious! Though they are all skinny minnys that go except me so I figure it must work

8. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I started going in the new year and love it. I always have to use the lightest weights at the moment though, but my OH says he thinks I'm looking more toned. (I can't see it - but then, I never can!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.