Body Shape - changes??

CC

OK, so I've been thinking...
I have been smaller (124) bigger (179) but I have always had the same shape; tiny waist, flat tummy and then it all goes pear shaped - literally!! - thunder thighs, juicy bum and cankels!!! :(
But since starting DD my weight loss has so far been targeting different areas. First thing to really shrink is my juicy derriere, but tummy hasn't changed!! Perhaps that's down to baby number 2 but I am wondering if it's Dukans influence??
Could it be that I've finally found a cure for my dreaded cankels????! Maybe I CAN finally get my legs out in 2012??
Has anyone else experienced specific weight loss? Please share! :) :)

Yes, the same seems to be happening to me! I have also always stayed the same shape no matter what weight.

However, I have noticed a real difference in my behind and thighs. I am wearing cloths a few sizes smaller but I appear to have lost none or very little in my waist. I have been measuring it and there is no difference.

Your post is very timely because I have been a little worried about this. I would love to know if this has happened to others and it finally evens out or does the diet change our shape?

Edit: Christell, I just noticed we are almost exactly the same weight!

Last edited:
In his book he says that loosing cellulite is one of the side effects of this diet and that has been especially true. I have lost weight everywhere and the last part has been my bust. My hips are slimmer than they have been since, well not sure really.

Poppy, yes now you said it, I remember reading about the cellulite! Amazing isn't it?!
Slim- same weight and similar goal weight too! Is it just me, or do the 120's seem sooooo far away!!!???
Really happy on this diet, not just the threat of loosing the cankels forever, but really feel it's not a diet but a way of life... Forever! X
Anyone else experienced unusual shrinkage from unexpected areas?

Ooooooo -

[runs to loo, pulls down trousers, squints at saddlebags....]

yes!!!!!!

[Does happy dance on newly unbumpy thighs]

Poppy, yes now you said it, I remember reading about the cellulite! Amazing isn't it?!
Slim- same weight and similar goal weight too! Is it just me, or do the 120's seem sooooo far away!!!???
Really happy on this diet, not just the threat of loosing the cankels forever, but really feel it's not a diet but a way of life... Forever! X
Anyone else experienced unusual shrinkage from unexpected areas?

Yes, the 120's seem too far! It has taken me ages to get to this stage.

One of the reasons I mentioned that we are the same weight is because it appears we are experiencing the same in regards to losing in specific areas and not as we normally do all over. I thought it could be that we are in a transitional phase of our weight loss. At least that is what I was hoping, but based on the other responses perhaps not.:(

By the way, wish I could change my very stupid quickly thought up log in name!:eek:

How about the waist? Since this diet seems to make thighs/butt more tight. I really want my normal waist back when I reached my goal.

If I could add a male perspective, I promise to be sensible.

I've noticed my cheekbones have made a welcome return, now I don't have chubby cheeks. My beer belly has also deflated massively, but I suppose that was always going to happen once I stopped knocking back the ale and started exercising. My waistline has gone from 41" to 35.5" in 9 weeks.

I'm a bit concerned that the chest area is the last to go - the moobs aren't my best feature. But they're going down nicely. At this rate, I'll soon be able to ditch the sports bra.

Mark

Mark - moobs - made me laugh out loud!!! Yeay to rapidly reducing your "beer belly!" Slim - i hope the targeted weight loss continues for us!!! Really wish i had started with measuring myself as well as weighing in weekly - much more satisfying!
Does everyone measure weekly? Maybe I should start?
Happy Friday everyone! :)

I've noticed that to, where the bum ended and the thighs began it was one unit. Not any more. The "girls" had zoomed up to a DD cup now they are back in a "C" thank goodness. What a relief. Inches all over. The feet yes the feet all of my shoes are loose, even with the outside conditions we have at the moment. I love what Dukan has allowed me to do to this body.

I've noticed that to, where the bum ended and the thighs began it was one unit. Not any more. The "girls" had zoomed up to a DD cup now they are back in a "C" thank goodness. What a relief. Inches all over. The feet yes the feet all of my shoes are loose, even with the outside conditions we have at the moment. I love what Dukan has allowed me to do to this body.

Reading that my bum and thighs, might, one day not be one unit has made me stick to this diet more than anything else!

Just tagging along on this... My boobs have dropped four cup sizes, my waist, thighs, bum, arms and stomach have all shrunk too and my feet... Weird!! Lol. Anyways I've noticed I seem to be carrying a bit more weight on my hips. I've always been quite hour glassy but now I feel a bit pear shaped. Not that I mind but I just can't seem to shift the extra fat off my future child bearing hips and they seem quite prominent. Oh and my back isn't as fat, it's really weird how everything changes x

I was wondering about shape change too.

While attack has quick weight loss do some inches go too or do they catch up later?!

The silver lining of weight gain for me was a boost in my assets but it'll be worth them shrinking if the rest of me does too.

Seems like everyone is loosing in the stubborn areas! Yeay! -Em maybe your hips seem bigger because your stubborn areas have shrunk first - won't be long now until they catch up! ;)
This diet is awesome!

Yeah I noticed that about my stomach. Like when I first started losing on dukan my stomach seemed massive but I think it's because my bum and boobs had shrunk so it stuck out more. I live this diet too! I dont even feel like I'm on a diet it's that good! Hence the fact I've stuck to it for over four months now. Viva dukan! X

I have always been an hour glass shape but after 2 babies in quick succession I have a flabby teabag tummy!

I have lost a stone and a half with slimming world sine baby number two was born four months ago but my tummy is still the same. I am hoping that as this is the place I have the most fat that it will slim down first???

Bringing this back up again to see if anyone else is experiencing similar. I am still in the same position.

I have always had an hour glass figure but since losing weight on Dukan it has changed my shape and now my hips look quite slim and I have a flat bum! Sadly I now have a thick waist because I have lost very little in my waist.

Any time in the past my body just shrunk but on Dukan I have lost too much fat in a few areas and not enough in others. Is it just me?! :(

Nope you are not alone! I've lost my bum and some of my cleavage, but the waist is not quite so trim....hey, not complaining, just the way it is.

Back