Body Shock 64stone Mum

Jezebella

Playing the Angel
Anyone watching this on More 4 right now? Scary stuff indeed. Apparently she is the heaviest lady in the world.

Quite strange to watch because like most of us previously overweight people have said - she says she does not eat!

Jez
xx

what channel - don't think ive got it
daisy x

EEEEEEEk her bmi was 135 or something, how many calories do you need to eat to just maintain that body weight? I wonder if a programme like LL could have helped her?

Jez
xx

Awwwww she died a few weeks after surgery this is soooooooooo sad :( It could so easily have been anyone who needed to loose weight.

Jez
xx

Poor lady. She must have been desperately unhappy.:cry::sigh:

It made me cry tbh, so very very sad, and apparently 2 million people in the USA are over 40 stone, do they not have LL over there? Surely it could help them?

Jez
xx

Apparentlythey don't

It has previously been suggested that BL be the LL Ambassador when she eventually goes home.
However, have you seen where she'll be living? Not many people there - fat or thin!:8855:

Hehehehehe, I will be sure to book my vacation with her early, I love a bit of peace and quiet with a whole lotta nothing!!

Jez
xx

Ooo these things make me soooo angry. While she was capable of walking, she was responsible for putting herself into this situation and stupidly stuffing her own face to extreme (and blowlox to those who insist they don't eat and are still fat because of hormones etc!).

She was bed ridden for 4 years!! Who the hell stuffed food into her mouth and kept her there! It certainly wasn't anyone who gave a toss! If the law was changed and those feeding her were charged with manslaughter perhaps these things wouldn't happen. :mad:

Foxtrot, I do agree with you. Nobody put the food into her mouth but her. As I mentioned, you have to wonder how many calories a day she had to eat to survive and maintain that weight, let alone increase it. It just shocked me because I have heard the same excuses coming out of my mouth in my overweight days. The "i hardly eat" one most especially. Her daughters did mention how much she really ate, and that she never stopped. Absolutely she could have done something about it, but like so many of us, I guess it has to be the right time for each of us to begin our journeys. Whatever her faults, at least she brought the plight of many super obese people into the open, so perhaps they will get help before it is too late.

Jez
xx

It's not her, or her like, I get angry with, it's those around who exacerbate the whole thing. This is obviously a very sick person to have gone that far and is still in denial. She was burden on those around her. Was she a witch and cast spells on people 'feed me'? If that was your mother, daughter, son or anyone you remotely cared about, would you help them stay and even worsen their situation?

Most of us may have waddled around for some part of our lives, sometimes a lot of it, and we were fortunate enough to finally say enough is enough or we wouldn't be here but to actively help another carry on a life like that is just unbelievable.

PS It's not a rant at you Jez (xxxxxx) it's one at idiots who do this type of thing to others. But I do feel better now. :sigh:

THat sounds heartbreaking. :( Poor woman. I did not see this show, but have seen similar, and a quesiton that ALWAYS springs to mind, is how can friends and.or family let someone get to such fatally high weights??? I mean, when they get to the point they cannot even get out of bed, then surely someone continues to feed them rubbish. :( Its just terribly sad. :(

Having a giggle and SB and Jezz comments. You are welcome on our sunny mountainside ANYTIME! :)

xx

We wouldn't have to sing an American version of The Hills Are Alive... would we???

Back