Boggins is losing it

Oh uggh!

See, I've been using Complan for my breakfasts, as I find it hard to eat in the mornings. A chocolate Complan is quick and easy to make, tastes nice and because it's a drink I don't find it difficult to take first thing.

(Yes, you can lose weight using Complan. I have! Their website mentions weight loss as a valid use. Made with water, one shake is 247cals, not that much more than other shakes- Exante is 215 I think? Ultra Slim certainly is.)

I use Complan because it's cheaper than Slimfast or other diet products. But then I heard about Tesco Ultra Slim, which is even cheaper and currently on offer. So this morning, after a yummy Complan shake, I did 15 minutes of jogging for C25k, then cycled (I don't have a car) over to the big Tesco, and brought back a big tub of chocolate Ultra Slim. "I'll try one for lunch." I thought to myself. :eat: Nom nom nom.

Yuk. :jelous: :grumble:

I really do not like it. It doesn't taste of chocolate. Oh it's brown, sure, but that's about it. And despite frantic mixing with a fork it had great lumps of what tasted like vitamin C in it.

Now I have a huge tub of the stuff, 10 more shakes to get through.

There really is no such thing as a free- or even just a cheap- lunch. Back to the Complan for me. Never mind.

I agree, the tesco shakes have got a really malty, powdery taste and texture. The pre-made ones they do are much better, and the chocolate orange one is quite nice. Usually if the powder is on offer, so are the ready made ones.
I know what you mean about brekkie though, I really struggle to eat first thing. :)

The pre-made ones they do are much better

D'oh! I picked one of the pre-made ones up as well, but decided to go for the cheapest option. Serves me right! Thanks though- I'll try one next time I get to the big Tesco.

Well done on the weight loss. I have thought about trying a shake for breakfast but I dont know if it would fill me up enough. I have Belvita at the moment which is about 250 cals and they fill me up until lunchtime but are so expensive

They really are expensive. I looked at them last week and thought they were too pricey. They never seem to be on offer either. Are they worth it hun? :)

Well I find them worth it as they do fill me up. I went through a phase of not eating breakfast and I wanted to make sure I did so having something like this which makes u feel like you are eating biscuits is good!

I sometimes spread a cheese triangle on them too which is nice. But at about £2.50, it makes them quite expensive. I would rather that which is controlled than having cereal which I would no doubt have a huge portion of!

I promised myself I would wait a whole fortnight, but I cracked and weighed myself today. Still, if I'm going to lose willpower, better that it's to do with weighing, not eating!

Another 4lbs lost in the past 9 days, which means I've hit a milestone: I'm out of the twenties and in the teens in stone. :happy036:
Only by a pound, mind, but I'm there. Phew.

1 stone lost since I started on Minimins. Thanks all for your inspiration.:thankyou:

New to this diary but massive well done on your weight loss so far - that's brilliant!

I too find it hard to eat first thing in the morning - my day starts early and I just don't fancy anything apart from a coffee but have slowly worked bananas into my breakfast as they seem to fill me up till 2pm ( when I have lunch) - it's good as u can't eat till later on as I have a long commute to work! I started off eating half or a small banana and can just about manage a medium one now! X

Haven't posted in a while. Not much to say! Today I went walking up a hill, along the hill, back down the hill....my legs are complaining! MyFitnessPal claims I've burned over 700 calories. I'm not sure I believe it, I'm going to call it 500. Even so, it's hard to know where to find all those extra cals from. Weird isn't it? A couple of months back I would have scoffed 500 cals easily. Now I'm buying in peanut butter to make up the deficit! Not that I'm going to eat 500cals worth of peanut butter, I think I'd throw up.

So far I've stuck to this. I didn't fancy going out jogging yesterday for C25k, but I did. It's a strange feeling, almost like I'm being carried along somehow. I mean, I don't go out running, I sit on the couch. Who is this mysterious woman who weighs food before she cooks it, faithfully logging the calories, and is (mostly) impatient to get out the door and exercise? I don't know her!

All good stuff, I just hope I can carry on. There's not been a time like this for me, ever before. I wasn't a yoyo dieter, I just gave up to weight gain. For years I've waited and waited to be "ready" to properly lose weight. Is this my time? It kind of has to be. It seems like it is. Wish me luck!

I wouldn't be so hard on the calories burned hun. Walking is a real surprise, especially hill walking. :)
If in doubt invest in a heart rate monitor that also counts cals. I just bought a cheapish one. Will let you know what it's like. :)

I know what you mean about finding the calories. Before I started I would have had no problem scoffing an extra 500, but now I find it really difficult. Good thing though I suppose. :)

I know what you mean! It is so weird when I am low on calories for the day and I am thinking hold on I used to eat way more than this before! How can I be struggling now??

You know what I hate? When you go for a 3 hour walk including up a hill, then weigh yourself the next day and find you've only lost a pound that week.

Ok, ok, first, I weighed myself after 5 days, not 7, and I had a pint of water and breakfast first, and a pound is still a pound, but really. My poor achey legs deserve more than one pound off, don't they?

On a lighter (or heavier) note, I walked into town today, bought cat litter (oh my glamorous life) and walked home. And then did a little maths.

About 3 months ago I was carrying the equivalent of two 10l bags of Catsan cat litter around on my body. :eek: That's 10kgs, or 22lbs.

So any time you lose 11lbs, go to the pet food aisle and pick up a bag of Catsan litter. That's what you've lost in weight. Wow! I might start measuring my weight loss in cat litter bags from now on!

Oh, also, some news. Possibly. I have now twice visited Nepal, but I've never been trekking in the hills/mountains. Because I'm too fat, of course! It's something I want to do, and a great motivator.

Well, a friend of my OH goes every year, and we've just made early plans to join him in 2012. He's very kindly suggested an easy-ish route with several places where it's easy to "give up" and get back to civilisation if you've had enough. Bless him. If I go, there's no way I'll be giving up before I reach the end, I don't care if my legs fall off.

So in about May next year I'm going to have to start training for a two-week trek in the Himalayas in Nov/Dec! Arrrgh! I see a lot of incline treadmill and stair-machine in my future.....couldn't be happier.

(In the interim I've talked the OH into a long weekend in New York in June next year, when I hope to have reached 14 stone and therefore be out of "obese" and into just "overweight". We're supposed to be saving up for all this, but the way our bank accounts are looking it might have to be downgraded to a daytrip to Butlins).

Blimey, where to start????

Trekking in the Himalayas, WOW!!! Jealous much, me????? Amazing, what an adventure. By then you will be so much fitter and slimmer.

Long weekend in New York, again, WOW!! So jealous of you right now lady. Way to go. Hopefully it won't end up being Butlins, fingers crossed.

I'm just amazed you managed to carry the cat litter all the way home. Those bags are so bl***y heavy!!! I have one in the cupboard, I too have lost 2 bags of cat litter. Thats quite amazing when you actually pick a bag up!! Thanks for that, I hadn't realised the comparison. :) xxx

I love trying to pick up my weight loss :) it always makes me howl!!!! I've lost more than my 9 yr old son so far PMSL. makes ya think really!!!

Himalaya's??? Nepal??? New York??? OMG I actually hate you a teeeeeeeeny bit lol. I'd love to go to Nepal. That sounds amazing !! Obviously I wouldnae say no to NYC either tho!! What a fab motivator to spur you on xx

I've lost more than my 9 yr old son so far

:8855:

Imagine carrying him around all day! Crazy isn't it?

I know I sound a bit spoilt, but the thing about Nepal is that it's dirt cheap once you get there. 4 nights in New York would probably cost the same as 3 weeks in Nepal. Which isn't to say I can afford any of this. I'm just damn well going to do it anyway! :p:D

You go girl!!! You don't sound spoilt at all. I think it's a great way to reward yourself for all the hard work you have put in to this weight loss malarky!!! :)

Enjoy it! You'll deserve it after all this work you're putting in!

I still get shocked when I think I have lost the same amount as my 19 year old sister weighs! It's mental that I got that big and walked around with it all the time and was okay with it. Now that I have lost it, I realised how much it was slowing me down!

Those trips away sound like a brilliant motivator! And yes, I am a tiny bit jealous too!

I an hoping to go to singapore in January so that is my motivation!

The cat litter trick is amazing - when I lost five stone last year I used to pick up my niece and shock myself that I was carrying that around!

Have a good day xxx

Back