Boiled eggs

I haven't had pickled eggs for years and have just ordered some. You lot are to blame :)

I just checked, they used beetroot juice to colour it! Genious!!!

OOOOOOOOOh, I was so obsessed with having my poached egg when I started off and then kindda went off them. But I'm having an omelette tonight with veges :D

Isn't it high in carbs though?

Yeah but I think Phoenix is just thinking of the dye in the hope that it holds some of the flavour :)

weasey said:
Yuck - pickled eggs are the devil's food!! MiniM - you could try just buying one (chip shops sell them but that might be a dangerous place to go to!) because if you get a whole jar you may regret it! On a more serious note I quite often have a couple of eggs. Poached with asparagus is one of my favourite combinations. Or soft boiled with salad. I think it'd be nice to have half a piece of fresh tuna and one egg cooked and in a salad...

Egg & tuna salad sounds lovely yum

Theres about 5g carbs in 100g of pickled beetroot, so whats that, about 1/4 of a jar of it or something? Not too bad I dont think cuz I'd only eat one or two bits of it at a time :)

i could eat a whole jar , my mouth is watering now
i craved beetroot and pickled onions with my first pregnancy
ice poles with my second

I crave beet root daily, it's my fav Baxter's baby beets is it really out of the question?? I've got about 4 jars here ... X

I reckon that a tiny bit wouldn't hurt as part of the veg allowance Laura, but only a tiny bit.

I just had a pickled egg. Yum! :)

I wouldnt dare have a jar of pickled beetroot in the house , I would devour the whole thing in one go

who would have though a vegetable in vinegar could be so heavenly , it shouldnt work but it sooo does lol

MiniMoosh said:
But... beetroot tastes of feet..... :sign0137:

When have you eaten feet!? LOL :D

Yeah, an I think cheese is definitely off plan ;) hahaha

Moosh must be into toe sucking then ;)

Pickled beetroot is the devil's food - along with pickled eggs!

Back