Boing-a-roo's Battle of the Bulgey Bits

Boing-a-roo

Hello :wavey:

I've decided to start a bit of a weight loss diary as writing down what I've eaten each day on the Slimming World Diary has really helped me so far. I figure if I have to tell you guys (whether you are reading or not!) that I ate the naughty pudding it might make it less tempting! :D

I'm 30 years old and living in Sheffield and I started SW on 17th November after watching 3 of my friends shrink rapidly after joining. I've tried a million different diets before and this year I have upped the exercise a lot but although I feel fitter, it hasn't made enough difference to my weight :sigh:

I was pretty terrified about going to SW but I know I have to do something to help my self esteem and confidence as I have zilch at the moment, luckily it's been fine, it's a really friendly group and I like it there :)

I lost 3lbs on my first week which I'm really happy about and I'm feeling much more optimistic that this will work! My weigh in day is Wednesday so I'm hoping I lose some more then :scale:

Today I'm on Extra Easy and I have had:

Breakfast:

Bacon Medallions (all fat removed)
1 egg cooked in Frylight
Roasted Cherry Toms on the Vine
Baked Beans

Lunch:

Edameme Beans in the Pod
Cherries

Dinner:

Roast Lamb (all fat removed)
New Potatoes
Broccoli
Mint Sauce (No added sugar)

Pudding:

Curly Wurly 6.5 Syns
Nectarine

Healthy Extra A: SS Milk (For Tea and Coffee)
Healthy Extra B: None - I struggle to have this most days - not sure if that matters?

Syns - 6.5

Last edited:
I've had another day without a Healthy B so I've decided to buy some Weetabix and I'm going to start having them for Breakfast as of tomorrow I think.

Today was another Extra Easy day (although not in reality as it's cold outside and I wanted stew and dumplings :cry:).
Today was also the first day that I had cheese instead of milk as my HEXA- never realised how tiny 28g of cheese is! :cry:

Breakfast:

Edamame Beans
2 Satsumas

Lunch:

Ham and Boiled Egg salad (lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms, spring onions)
Mullerlite
Satsuma

Dinner:

Jacket Potato
Baked Beans
28g Cheddar (HEXA)
Pear

Snacks:

Mullerlight
4 x Oreos (2.5 syns each)
2 dashes of milk - 1syn

Healthy Extra A: 28g Cheddar
Healthy Extra B: None ?
Syns - 11

Good luck hon, amazing weight loss last week! Your diary sounds really yummy!! Do you like toast? You could have 2 toast with your breakfast to use your HEb? xx

Good luck hon, amazing weight loss last week! Your diary sounds really yummy!! Do you like toast? You could have 2 toast with your breakfast to use your HEb? xx

Hi and thanks :) I do like toast but I don't really know what to put on it that wouldn't be too full of syns? xXx

Weigh in tomorrow *eeeek* feeling like a beached whale today too :cry:
I had to walk a good few miles in the snow to get my little un to school today and to get to work and back home as no busses were running near me so hopefully that'll shift a bit of extra weight!

Breakfast:

2 x Weetabix with some on my HEXA Milk

Lunch:

Jacket Potato
Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Mullerlight
Banana

Dinner:

Beef and Vegetable Stew/Broth (Leeks, Pots, carrot, swede, celery, onion, a bay leaf and lean Beef in beef stock with a good glug of Hendersons Relish)
M&S count on us Choc Muffin Dessert 7.5 syns

Snacks:

Wafer thin chicken breast
Nectarine

Healthy Extra A: 250ml SS Milk
Healthy Extra B: 2 Weetabix
Syns - 7.5

My Slimming World Consultant is a trooper! The snow is almost up to my windowsill and weigh in is still on! :D

Well I had my weigh in and it was worth the horrible long walk in the snow as I found out I have lost 5lbs! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D So that's my first half stone off in 2 weeks! I have to wait till next week for my sticker though as my consultant couldn't bring everything to the meeting in this weather!

I'm absolutely over the moon about it, I love SW!!

Today I was on Extra Easy and I was jealous of the boy's Tomato Soup with Warm Crusty Rolls at lunchtime, it's just not salad weather!

Breakfast:

Porridge made with plain oats, water, and 50ml of milk from my HEXA Allowance with a bit of sweetener in.

Lunch:

Salad (Lettuce, Toms, Cucumber, Spring Onion, Celery) with wafer thin chicken Breast and 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner:

Chicken Chow Mein 7 Syns
Plain Rice
Satsuma

Snacks:

Curly Wurly 6.5 Syns

Healthy Extra A: 250ml SS Milk
Healthy Extra B: 28g Oats

Syns - 13.5

I'm about to brave the snow and walk to Morrisons with my backpack in the hope that they will have some SW friendly food in as I am rapidly running out *eek!*

£82 worth of shopping 1 and a half miles up a hill in the snow, get in! *flexes muscles* lol.

I think I'm gonna lie down now...

:553: well done on that first half stone!
How about poached or scrambled eggs on your toast for breakfast? At the moment I'm eating a lot of Oats so simple in the morning because it really fills me up and only takes 2 mins in the microwave. You could make some home made soups for lunches - I've done the 12 speed soup and the pea and ham one (with extra veg added) so they give you a full meal with speed foods in one container and they keep you warm and are free on EE :D

Thanks Valerie! :thankyou:

Hi Lesley, thanks for the ideas, I like the soup idea as I have a food flask for work so that might work well for me, what's the 12 speed soup? xXx

Speed food Soup (syn free on Green and EE)

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils (or handful of dried)
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 each green, red and yellow peppers
2 vegetable stock cubes
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all vegetables. Put them and everything else into a large pan, cover with water, bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are soft (about 30 mins). Once cooked, the soup can be left chunky or blended smooth.

I like mine smooth :) If you don't use your HEB at breakfast you could have this with a wholemeal roll - well you could anyway you'd just have to syn it :p A word of warning it makes loads so get plenty of containers ready - I use all the old plastic takeaway ones and freeze it in portions

Speed food Soup (syn free on Green and EE)

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils (or handful of dried)
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 each green, red and yellow peppers
2 vegetable stock cubes
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all vegetables. Put them and everything else into a large pan, cover with water, bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are soft (about 30 mins). Once cooked, the soup can be left chunky or blended smooth.

I like mine smooth :) If you don't use your HEB at breakfast you could have this with a wholemeal roll - well you could anyway you'd just have to syn it :p A word of warning it makes loads so get plenty of containers ready - I use all the old plastic takeaway ones and freeze it in portions

Thanks ever so much for that hun, I will definately try it and will have plenty of containers at the ready! :thankyou:

Better post my day's food before bedtime!

I had a go at making a Quark, Options and Oreos Pudding today which was ok but not worth the 14 syns I ended up making it be :sign0007:
Ahh well, combined with the hike in the snow to fetch fresh supplies and the fact I made brownies for the boys and didn't pinch any - it hasn't been too bad a day :)

Breakfast:

Porridge (made with water and sweetener

Lunch:

none (late breakfast)

Dinner:

Syn Free Chilli and Boiled Rice

Pudding:

Naughty Quark Pudding (14 syns)

Healthy Extra B: Porridge Oats

Syns - 14

Don't want to go out in the snow to work and I didn't want cold Weetabix for breakfast *cries*

we always warm our weetabix up, much nicer :)...also if you wanted soup but didnt want to make it there is some you can have as your hex b seen as your not using that, might be worth buying the soup in :)

Well done on your 1/2 stone!!

Hi Boing-a-roo. Well done on your first couple of weeks. Great loss.

Just a thought, though. Don't forget to have plenty of superfree foods. It doesn't have to be salad: it can be fruit, or hot veg, or made into soups or casseroles or other nice warm things. But some of your days seem to be a bit low on the old fruit 'n' veg.

At the beginning, when you're just starting with SW, you might have good losses even without following the plan 100%, but you need to get into good habits to keep the losses going long term.

One of those is eating lots of superfree foods. Another is making sure you have both HXAs and HXBs, as you need calcium and fibre.

I'm not criticising, only trying to help...

Thanks for the advice guys I'll try the soup and I am eating a nectarine as I type this! xXx

Today has been ok, been a bit worried about my first 'event' since starting SW, I'm off out for a curry and a few drinks tomorrow night for a friend's birthday *eek!* Going to look at the menu in a bit and try and plan where my syns are going. I really don't want to go over my allowance as I want to carry on being 100%!

Anyhoo, today, as per usual was extra easy:

Breakfast:

2 x Weetabix with Milk from HEXA and a spoonful of sweetener

Lunch:

Jacket Potato, Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Punnet of Cherry Toms and a Mullerlight

Dinner:

Steak and No Syn Chips
Nectarine

Snacks

2 (more!) Nectarines
Count on us Double Choc Sundae (9 syns) Naughty - but OMG it was AMAZING!! :drool:

Healthy Extra B: Weetabix
Syns - 9

Back