BonBonJovi's Veggie Bikini Body Diary

BonBonJovi

Been skulking around Minimins for a while now and thought I would get my own food diary started in order to keep me on track and accountable in the run up to my holiday in April. I would love love LOVE to have 20lbs off by then, but let's see, eh?

I'm a lacto-vegetarian, avoiding eggs and honey wherever possible, so Green days will be what I'm doing mostly. I'm also recovering from major spinal surgery, which has made it impossible to do any of my normal exercise, so I'll be looking for alternative Body Magic ideas (right now it's 10 minute walks and physiotherapy exercises).

Tuesday 6th Jan
B: 2 bananas, ff strawberry yoghurt, 2 coffees with skimmed milk (Hea)
L: WW Wholemeal Pitta (Heb), tomato and onion salad with ff balsamic dressing, ff cottage cheese, 1/2 big bag sweet & crunchy salad
D: Going out for dinner tonight, but will flexisyn and attempt to stay on plan!
S: Apple

Body Magic: 3 sets of physio exercises (15 mins), 2x 15 minute walks, 10 mins exercise bike.

Last edited:
Ended up at a pizza place last night and that just set somethng off in me. Had a veggie pizza for dinner, but grazed CONSTANTLY when I got home: nothing would satisfy me and a bout of insomnia didn't help matters either. My sister did SW years ago and she said it's SO important to eat enough during the day to stave off picking at night, so I'm upping the grub today.

Wednesday 7th January
B: 2 bananas, ff cherry yoghurt
L: 2 Ryvita (HEB), tomato and onion salad, ff cottage cheese, salad
D: Three bean chilli, salad, wholemeal pitta (HEB)
S: Mango, Cherries, ff yoghurt
Drinks: Coffee w/ skimmed milk (HEA)

Body magic: 3 sets of physio exercises (15 mins), 2 x 15 minute walks.

I can see straight away that I'm going to need to add some syns. My problem with "treats" is though, once I start I cant stop! I could also really do with drinking some water today as well. Fingers crossed today is better than yesterday!

|ts difficult isn't it, I'm a bit of an all or nothing person too and struggle to have 'treats' without wanting more. So I tend to stick to savoury treats rather than sweet. That seems to work for me. I eat mostly free stuff throughout the day, then my treat in the evening is my heb's of cheese on ryvita with a bag of crisps as a few syns. I'm avoiding cake/chocolate as I know I then would want more and I don't like 'healthy' sweet treats. Its real full fat full sugar cake or nothing. So I'm going with nothing. Sorry I am waffling now! lol

|ts difficult isn't it, I'm a bit of an all or nothing person too and struggle to have 'treats' without wanting more. So I tend to stick to savoury treats rather than sweet. That seems to work for me. I eat mostly free stuff throughout the day, then my treat in the evening is my heb's of cheese on ryvita with a bag of crisps as a few syns. I'm avoiding cake/chocolate as I know I then would want more and I don't like 'healthy' sweet treats. Its real full fat full sugar cake or nothing. So I'm going with nothing. Sorry I am waffling now! lol

Oh I agree. It's a massive big bar of full fat chocolate or nothing. I cant even keep treat sized chocolate bars or dark chocolate in the house because I have NO self control with chocolate! I like your idea of saving some healthy extra's to have cheese and ryvita at night: I find it quite hard to munch my HEBs during the day, so crackers and cheese at night could be a good shout.

Back to group tonight. A quick peek on the scales this morning shows no loss this week (boo!) so I think after today I'll be trying out Extra Easy SP from tomorrow to try and kick start some losses.

Thursday 8th Jan

B: Banana, grapes, ff cherry yoghurt, 2 coffees w/ ss milk (HEA)
L: Leftover Bean Chilli, peppers, tomatoes, celery
D: Pasta arriabatta, roast courgette, peppers and aubergines, 25g parmesan (5)
S: Grapes, Ryvita (HEB x 2), LC Extra Light Triangles (HEA), Mini Milk (1.5)

Syns: 6.5

Body Magic: 3 sets physio exercises (15 mins), 2 x 15 minute walks, 10 mins exercise bike.

My goal for today is to drink at least one litre of water!

1.5 pounds off, which isn't bad considering all of the wobbles I've had this week! I won the raffle this week as well, so a lovely big basket of superfree for me!

I've done my food plan for next week already and I think it will be much more filling with less room for temptation.

First day after group. My current weight (I'm trying to get down from the heaviest I've ever been) is still weighing pretty heavily on my mind (pardon the pun), so I've got fresh enthusiasm!

Friday 9th Jan
B: 2 coffees w/ ss milk (HEA), banana, grapes, ff yoghurt
L: Roast veggies, pasta and arribatta sauce, 1 tbl parmesan (2.5)
D: Homemade vegetable and rice soup, SW hummus, 2 Ryvita (1/2 HEB), Celery
S: 2 Ryvita (1/2 HEB), SW Hummus, celery, grapes, Mini Milk (1.5)

Syns are only 4 for today, so I might add an Alpro Dark Chocolate Soya Dessert for 5.5 syns.

Body Magic: 3 sets physio exercises (15 mins), 2 x 15 minute walks, 10 mins exercise bike.

I managed to drink 1.5 litres of NAS orange squash and 500ml of water yesterday on top of all my coffees, and I feel much better for it today so I'll be doing that again. Hopefully this is the start of a new habit!

It's amazing what one or two days totally on plan can do for you: my usually erratic sleep has been pretty decent the last two nights, my brain feels a bit more "awake" and my back hasn't been quite so painful. Long may it continue! Although, I am going out for lunch and the pictures with the OH today. The place I chose for lunch is a gourmet burger place, with lots of greasy, meaty burgers: however it's a treat for my OH as he never complains about there being no meat in the house and he's put up with me going on and on and on about the plan! So I've had a look at the menu and I will swap my fries for a "superfood salad" on the side and use my syns and HEs to accomodate the most "on-plan" burger they have. It feels quite good to be prepared and in control actually: usually I would go to a place like this and the food addict in me would go crazy! Instead, I'm really looking forward to my one "naughty" thing I'm having, because I've chosen it carefully and I will need to savour it. Fingers crossed my resolve lasts!

Sat 10th Jan

B: Grapes, Strawberries, FF Yoghurt
L: Superfood salad, Goats cheese (HEA x 2), Mushroon and Pepper "Burger" on brioche (4.5) with garlic aioli (4.5), HEB for the oil.
D: Beetroot, Celery, Cucumber, Lentil, Red Onion and Feta (5) salad.
S: SW Hummus, Celery, Clementines

Body magic: 3 sets physio exercises (15 mins), 2 x 15 minute walks

A little bit of an update to yesterday's food: my burger bar lunch was actually far healthier than I thought, with only one HEA of cheese on the burger (I was very good and asked!) as well as all of the veggies being grilled. I'm so glad I checked out the options online before we went, because so many things looks so delicious, if I hadn't been prepared then I would probably have been tempted. It was also SO worth it, and I resisted temptation (except for two chilli chips, but I think I can be forgiven!), so my feta was my second HEA and I treated myself to a Cadbury fudge at 5.5 syns.

Even though I was under my syns and "good" yesterday, I'm still going to eat a bit cleaner today, just to err on the side of caution. Other than that, I'm having a nice lazy day of writing and a nice long bath.

Sun 11th Jan
B: Honeydew melon, banana, ff yoghurt, coffee with ss milk (HEA)
L: Beetroot, celery, cucumber, lentil, red onion and feta (HEA) salad, WW wholemeal pitta (HEB)
D: Vegetable Korma (4.5), SW Chips
S: Celery, Clementines, Mini Milk x 2 (3), Alpro Soya Caramel Dessert (5.5)

Syns: 13

Body Magic: 3 sets of physio exercises (15 mins), 2 x 15 minute walks, 10 minutes exercise bike. I might try some "chair aerobics" today as well to start working these flabby arms as well! Last night I picked the bikinis I want for my holiday, so that's an extra bit of motivation for body magic!

Last edited:
Thanks Hubz. I've got some great dishes planned for next week (this week was done flying by the seat of my pants if I'm honest), so feel free to let me know if you need the recipe!

Monday 12th Jan
B: 35g Porridge Oats (made with water and stevia), chopped apple, cinnamon, Coffee with ss milk (HEA)
L: Tomato & Onion Salad, Beetroot, WW Wholemeal pitta (HEB), 3 LC Extra Light cheese triangles (1/2 HEA)
D: Vegetable Korma (3), SW Chips
S: Apple, Clementines

Syns: 3

Body magic: 3 sets physio exercises (15 mins), 2 x 15 minute walks, 10 minute chair-based arm work out.

Last edited:
Ended up not fancying curry and chips for tea last night. I didn't really fancy anything at all (which is a first for me!), so I just had some honeydew melon, cherries and a couple of Activia 0% fat vanilla yoghurts. This brought my totals for yesterday to 0 syns.

Today I'm going to a friend's for Japanese take-out and a gossip. Japanese is my favourite food in the world, and it's great for the plan as well! I've already checked the menu and can keep my dinner low syn. I might even treat myself to a beer to go with it!

Tuesday 13th Jan
B: 35g Porridge Oats (made with water and stevia), chopped apple, cinnamon, coffee with skimmed milk (part HEA)
L: Homemade mushroom soup, 2 Ryvita (HEB), Tomato, Red onion and balsamic salad, 3 LC Extra Light Triangles (1/2 HEA)
D: 6 Red Pepper Maki, 1/2 Futomaki vegetable roll (3.5), Miso soup (1.5), bottle of Desperados (6.5)
S: Pineapple, Clementines

Syns: 11.5

Body magic: 3 sets physio exercises (15 mins), 10 minute arm and shoulder work out, 2 x 15 minute walks.

Thanks for following! The funny thing is, I don't really like Bon Jovi (well, I like their really old stuff): it's just a silly nick name I have because my first name is Dawn and I'm a bit of a rock chick! So Dawn BonJovi became BonBonJovi because bon bons are one of my favourite sweets (LOVE toffee ones) and I'm desperately trying to stay away from them!

Today is my birthday, yay! It's also my 25th anniversary of becoming vegetarian, which is pretty insane.

Yesterday, my meals were all as planned. Unfortunately, I had a bit of a snack attack while hanging out with my friend last night, having a Baileys (5.5), a gin and slim (3) and at least 10 syns worth of Pringles and three shortbread biscuits :0

I'm learning something new with every slip up though: the friend I was with last night, we've always "pigged out" together. I had never realised it but food is quite a big part of our relationship, so I think in future I'll need to be prepared with low syn snacks and treats when we see each other.

Well even though today is my birthday, it's straight back on the plan. I'm going out to a gig tonight (Die Antwoord, woot!), so I'll allow myself a couple of drinks.

Wednesday 14th Jan
B: 35g Porridge (HEB), chopped apple, cinnamon, coffee with ss milk (part HEA)
L: Veggie sausage and butter bean stew (1.5)
D: Sweet Potato Soup, WW Wholemeal Pitta (HEB)
S: Pineapple, Clementines, 4 x 25 ml gin & slims (10)

Syns: 11.5

Body magic: Physio exercises (15 mins), Arm & Shoulder workout (10 mins), 2 x 15 minute walks, lots of dancing tonight!

Back