bone vs fat - oh god I'm fatter than I thought

AlexIce

Silver Member
I have just discovered I am fatter than I thought!
My fat has always been very solid and I couldn't feel my bones inside but tonight while on the exercise bike I was having a bit of a poke and feel at the fat and now that I have lost 3.5 stones it seems to have lost its firmness and I can press and feel my bones inside - they are a hell of a lot further in than I thought!
Not quite sure whether to feel happy that I can feel them at last or sad that they are further away than I thought!
However, whichever way, it's certainly interesting to have found them!

haha that's like the first time I felt my collar bones

yay I love finding bones, no matter how far in they are :) xx

Hi alexice

I have read on this site that sometimes are bodies 'play tricks' when we are dieting and achieving fast weight losses, for example, skin goes through a horribly wobbly phase and then miraculously tones itself.
I am sure that you are not fatter than you originally thought! But I am sure that you will continue to have surprising findings as you progress through CD - but the good thing is that you are doing so well with your losses x

to find a bone is quite a deal,
my fingers dig in, have a good feel,
ive lots of flesh and tons of skin,
but the bones i feel are sure missin.
i squeeze, i prod, i cause a bruise,
this is a mission im going to lose.
so i declare, they are all gone,
these bones of mine, i have not one. :D

Haha I love the poem!!

I've noticed, and I'm lost nearly 5 stone now, that my wobbly bits, while alot smaller have got alot wobblier. I reckon it's the fat that's come out the skin...nice... so my skins a bit loser...but it's toning up and getting tighter again. So Alex I expect it's not that you're fatter than you thought, hun! And hey- you can feel your bones..yipee!!! xx

to find a bone is quite a deal,
my fingers dig in, have a good feel,
ive lots of flesh and tons of skin,
but the bones i feel are sure missin.
i squeeze, i prod, i cause a bruise,
this is a mission im going to lose.
so i declare, they are all gone,
these bones of mine, i have not one. :D

LOL. Love it :D

Wait until you feel your sternum! That's one I never noticed before. It's true about the skin - I think when there is enough fat underneath to make it tighter, it does feel firmer and then kind of sags when you start to deflate. I hope I am at the wobbly phase now and it will tighten slightly or else in a few years time I will be looking like Madge off Benidorm!

Love the poem Cheryl! Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It does feel strange. I can't stop poking and prodding!

Back