Boofaloos Diary Thread

I am going to try and put it to one side and continue with the day like it hasnt happened.

That's the way to do it :) Don't exactly forget what's happened though...move on and work out how you can stop happening again.

You know you can do this. Just letting that chatterbox talk you into doing what you don't want to do.

I think the eating in secret thing is just a habit. One leads on to the other. I was a secret eater for a long time, and I know how quick that brain can move. It's an association isn't it.

Good time to start moving away from that habit...break the association...will help during maintenance :)

Good luck for the rest of the day

Thanks KD

I think today it was a case of the chocolate was there on the side looking at me!
I just gave in too easily and quickly. I think half of my brain is still expecting me to give in for good. It's gonna have a shock though cos i aint giving up!!
I need to keep working on the chatterbox - it's quite loud at the moment and resisting it is hard.
I

At least you know what the problem is and that's half the battle won. Flipping chatterboxes need to be gagged :rolleyes:

i'm done for today. Struggling big time and feeling fed up. I hope tomorrow brings renewed determination.

Am going away tomorrow night and the mood i'm in now feel like starting again when i come back.

Should i just stop trying CD and admit defeat. I was so positive i could do this and now i'm feeling rubbish and beaten. I dont know, just wish it wasnt so damn hard. I have a vision in my head of what i want to be - i had the desire so why the hell do i let myself cheat?

Feeling very low so will sign off now so i dont depress anyone else.

Hi Helen,

Don't just go giving up hunny! Have you considered doing a 790 plan or one of the others? Some people just can't cope with SS'ing.

Maybe you should just go away for the weekend and be off the diet. Then when you get back start on a plan that lets you have some 'food' as well?

Might help you feel better. Go and treat yourself to a hot bath and a cuppa and just lie back and chill :hug99:

Welcome back Boofaloo. :D I have nothing constructive to add just saying hi and hows charlie?

Hi Helen,

Just wanted to say don't apologise for feeling low and not wanting to depress anyone-
a big point of these threads is so that you can talk about difficulties so you've got somewhere to share them,and put them in perspective (otherwise it would be called "The Happy Dieters Only thread" instead of "Strugglers and Restarters" lol).

Sounds like you're trying really hard to find what'll work for you. maybe it's a question of timing- or maybe there's a better solution for you at the moment than SS or 790. Good luck finding it anyway, I know you have loads of determination when you can clear those internal obstacles.

Thanks Brightness for your support and words of advice. xx

Hey C2b. Charlie is great. I've had a few confidence issues about roadwork but he's being a star in everything I ask him to do and helping me overcome my fear of traffic. Went hacking around our cross country course on it's open day and he wasnt fazed by loads of horses whizzing up behind him. He was more interested in eating grass!! How are you and your horse?

Kate. Thanks for the kind words, it's great to have so much support. x

OK i'm back and I have put all my toys safely back into the pram!! :D

I had a lovely weekend and ate what i wanted. I could have done CD but i didnt want to!

I'm back on the wagon today with renewed determination and new goals. I have decided to stop focussing on weight and just get to a size 12 dress size.
This seems really realistic as i'm a 16 now and a 12 isnt that far away.
It probably seems a bit silly to some people but hey ho i'm a simple sort!!

Have been at church this morning and am only just having my soup. Havent even started my water so need to get a wriggle on!!!

So Helen, are we doing this or what? I've had a good weekend (mostly) but not been 100%. Probably out of ketosis but I'm straight back on the wagon again!

As you said on my thread our start and goal weights are the same so it's shouldn't take long to get in those size 12s!

You go girl :superwoman: You know you can do it and we're here to listen when you can't ;) :grouphugg: x

I am so pleased charlie is behaving himself. Zoe is great. She has a sense of humour and dumped me in the only muck heap for miles at the beg of Jan. Today she has been a tad feisty I suspect she is in season....along with loopy juice aka spring grass. Fun owning a mare :rolleyes:
I am still losing weight although not a huge amount per month anymore, but 10 months on and I have not had a single plateau nor have given up on this system. It really has become a way of life now .... most of the time.

Thanks everyone!!

My day has been 90% good. Had my CD and have nibbled a little but nothing too drastic.
Setting myself up for a full 7 days starting from tomorrow. It's my mini goal to complete 7 days of CD doing SS/790.
I am prepared to go into 790 a bit if i find it all too much - i havent done a full 7 days for ages now so this is going to be a big thing for me!!

Good luck everyone. x

So the 7 day challenge is going good. Have managed well so far.
Been to Tesco today and bought a pair of size 12 trousers and a size 12 vest top. I am going to put them on in a mo and take a photo. I know for a fact it will be dreadful as the trousers wont do up and the top might only fit one boob BUT i'm going to use it as a start point. I'll keep trying them on then as an incentive to get into them - well thats the plan!!!

Have got myself a job - only a little one but it'll give me a bit of pocket money. With my new found wealth i'm hoping to save up and go to portugal with my friedn for her hen do. It's at the beginning of August and everyone who is going is thin - how about that for incentive!!

Have discovered today that i am not good when i'm hungry. I left it a bit long in between packs and this nearly resulted in a binge. I have decided to get tetras and bars from my CDC when i see her next. I think being prepared is they key!

hi Helen,
good luck on the restart & thanks for the support given to me on my thread
xx:)

I'm here again and to be honest completely fed up!! I have been avoiding the site like the plague because i just feel like such a failure. I'm now 13st 2lbs after a good few weeks of binging. :(
I have 'thought' about starting CD again - I have enough stuff for about a month!! BUT I just cant seem to muster the enthusiasm or will power needed.
It doesnt help that 2 of my children are home at the moment with chicken pox, my husband is away and my new job is turning out to be a nightmare!!
I want to do this but maybe not bad enough?

I'm here again and to be honest completely fed up!! I have been avoiding the site like the plague because i just feel like such a failure. I'm now 13st 2lbs after a good few weeks of binging. :(
I have 'thought' about starting CD again - I have enough stuff for about a month!! BUT I just cant seem to muster the enthusiasm or will power needed.
It doesnt help that 2 of my children are home at the moment with chicken pox, my husband is away and my new job is turning out to be a nightmare!!
I want to do this but maybe not bad enough?

Hun, I don't think it's a case of not wanting it badly enough! I want this bad but still struggle every single day. Just on day 2 of a restart (lost count how many restarts) but I will never give up!

This plan is never the easiest at the best of times so when you have as much going on as it sounds like you do then it's no wonder that you can't get your head around it. Give yourself a break and be kind to yourself. Your time will come (hoping mine comes soon too), then there'll be no stopping you.

Please don't hide though, remember we're here whether you're on or off the wagon. That's what friends are for (sung in a slightly off tune voice). Just keep saying hello and you'll see that you're not alone!

Sending you lots of love and hugs xxxxx

Thanks for that Sarah. Your support is really appreciated. I wprobably would be still hiding if not for you so a big THANK YOU!!
I have decided to take things one day at a time. I think the first thing to cut out is the sweet stuff that has crept back into my diet so for the next few days thats rhe plan.
I'm terrible at putting lots of sugar into thinghs and always choosing the easy and quick sweet option (like some biscuiits!) instead of getting something healthy for my meals so for me it's 3 healthy meals a day for a few days and no sweet stuff. I'm hoping to limit carbs too so that when i eventually go back onto CD it will hopefully be a smoother transition!

So breakfast was a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes. Decided they were too full of sugar so threw half of them away. Had a hot drink with 1 sugar instead of 3!!!

I can and will lose weight. I am thankful I was strong enough to lose weight on CD last year and I know the time will come when I can do it again. In the mean time I will eat healthily and exercise. :)

I have decided to take things one day at a time. I think the first thing to cut out is the sweet stuff that has crept back into my diet so for the next few days thats rhe plan.
I'm terrible at putting lots of sugar into thinghs and always choosing the easy and quick sweet option (like some biscuiits!) instead of getting something healthy for my meals so for me it's 3 healthy meals a day for a few days and no sweet stuff. I'm hoping to limit carbs too so that when i eventually go back onto CD it will hopefully be a smoother transition!

Hi Helen,

I have been off the plan myself as I was not well and I know just how hard it is to start back again as the soul is willing but the flesh is weak.

My sugar craving has been reawakened and it is just so hard to break the addiction.

You really did very well on CD last year and you will do it again.

Best of luck.

Love Mini xxx

Back