Boofaloos unit diet progress

Todays food not in any meal order as i havent really had set meals today.

3 bowls speical K
2 bowls vegetable soup
3 slices thick cut bread 1 1/2
2 bananas
Bag of caramel snack a jacks 1
apple, nectarine, plum fruit salad with yoghurt 1

Total units 3 1/2 and i'm really stuffed!!!!

only had a pint of water so far. Will drink another now and try to get one more down before bed time.

Thanks DQ. i've found today harder. In future i will save some points for weekends.

Breakfast - 2 bowls special k

Snacks - 2 bananas, pack of snack a jacks 1

Lunch - salad sandwich, low fat salad cream 1/2

Dinner - turkey, vegetables, pasta and sauce 3

Snacks - 2 bowls of frosties, SC ice cream 1/2

Total units 5

Water - 3 pints

Definitely finding the weekends harder, especially since DH insists on me resting i.e. being on sofa with Nina while he's tootles about on his computer, etc :rolleyes: I can see I'm gonna have to save units for the weekends.

I need to put some of my thoughts down.

I struggled yesterday and had started toying with the idea of going back to do CD. I'm not going to but this always happens for me. The moment i start finding a diet hard i think of the next one i could do, i then stop dieting for a while - put loads of weight on and then start a diet again find it hard and the cycle goes on!!
I know CD works and the fast weight loss is desperately what i want - BUT and it's a big but, i cant stick to it. I feel deprived and hungry and the old chatterbox seems to manage to persuade me to eat after only a few days or even hours!! :)

I am happy with the unit diet but am scared at only losing a pound a week. It feels like it'll take an eternity to get to goal and i'm psyching myself out!

I have to keep reminding myself that healthy eating and exercise is what i want as part of my lifestyle abd that losing weight is the added bonus - the problem is i'm so impatient.

Sorry for the ramble just needed to get how i feel off my chest before i dwell on it and it turns into a binge!!

Morning boofaloo, I have to say I have done this exactly for the last year, ss,ww, sw, rc back to ss which i can never last longer than 4 days, so I sat down and thought about last year I have sppent a year "dieting" binging and preparing for the next diet and have ended up a stone heavier than last summer, I need to change my life else next year i will be bigger still and it makes me miserable. So if its half a pound a week so be it, cause this time next year I will definatly not be the same size as I am now!!!

Me too, you're not alone.

I have spent years swaying from ww, sw, rc, slim fast, tried cd. I even joined 4 different ww meetings cos I was too embarased to see the ww woman again after just stopping class.

I was 2 stone heavier when I started TUD than I was last year. And I was 5 stone heavier when I started TUD than I was when I started dieting years ago!

I've had a couple of good losses on this diet, but I walk quite a bit. I think my losses will slow down to about 1-2lb per week and I too thought of trying cd again, or taking somthing like zotrim to help my appetite. But I think if I carry on eating like this a way that I find manageable long term (not easy, but manageable ;)) then even if I only lose 1lb per week, then in a year I will have lost 52lb :eek:

Stay positive, you're doing so well.

Love Lou xxx

I think sometimes it's about accepting that it took us a long time to put the weight on, so it may well take us some time to take it off. Better 1 lb per week off than a stone off and 2 stone on :( Stick with it, enjoy it and go for it :D

Thanks guys - it's good to know i'm not alone and that there are others who have gone through similar things!

So today has been another hard day. It has been difficult to plan for and i think thats my main problem at a weekend. I have done loads of exercise today so thats definately a positive.

Breakfast - special k, banana, skimmed milk

Lunch - 2 Pitta bread, salad, chocolate cake. 3 1/2

Dinner - Sausage casserole, sc ice cream- 6 1/2

Total units 10

I think i've gone over my weekly allowance by having 10 units today, not really sure. I think this week has been a big learning curve for me. I know now to save units for the weekend, and i think i'm going to have to limit my cereal intake.
My counsellor has said that my metabolism is probably a bit messed up from doing various different diets and that it might take a while for my body to adjust so i'm expecting this weeks weight loss to be low.
It's like a couple of you have said though - better it come off slowly for good than quickly and all back on again!!

You sound well adjusted honey. Like anything, when you change plans you need to allow your body to adjust - don't panic, just keep on going and it will 'iron' out in the end :)

LOL DQ nobody has ever siad i'm well adjusted before - crazy, scatty, changes her mind more times than her knickers - yes - well adjusted - no. :D

I am feeling better today about TUD. Maybe cos it's monday and even though my weigh in is tomorrow it's a 'new week' today.

I have a few goals this week:

1. Drink 2 litres water per day
2. Do a minimum of 30 minutes continuous exercise per day
3. Go easy on free foods
4. Save some units for the weekend

Todays menu is:

Breakfast: special K, skimmed milk

Lunch: 2 rashers lean bacon, pitta bread, tomatoes. 1 1/2 unit

Dinner: Chinese style vegetables, rice. 1/2

Evening snack - fruit salad (apple, necatrine, orange, plum)

Total units 2

Units are low because i went over yesterday. I also have terrible tooth ache so cant really be bothered eating!

BIG OOPS. I've had a few little extras today - 4 wagon wheels.:eek::eek:

I was so hungry from not eating all day because of my toothache that when the dentist (my hero!!) fixed my poor tooth and i wasnt in pain anymore i gave in to the wagon wheels!!!

Tomorrow is weigh in day too - what a loony tune i am!!

Anyway i'm looking at this last week as my trial run at the diet - it was a week experimenting and getting to grips with being a TUDer. It's from tomorrow that it really counts. ;)

I lost..... 1lb!!!!!

I'm pleased with that as i've gone over my weekly units a little bit - i did do loads of exercise to try and level it out.

I have an important horse competition coming up in 25 days. I have set myself the goal of losing 10lbs.
Now i know thats a bit mad seen as though i've only lost a pound this week but i needed to set my sights high so that i'll be focussed with my diet and exercise.

Looking forward to the day today. I have bought some healthier treats so that the temptation of chocolate biscuits doesn't set in again!

Hope everyone is well.x

Hi Helen,

Well done on your 1lb. lost.

Good to hear your getting into exercising as it helps all round:)

I thought you might like to read this:confused:

Gaining weight but losing inches
The number one reason most people exercise is to lose weight. People think that exercise will automatically make them lose pounds on the scale as well as inches on the measuring tape. However, as fat cells get smaller from all the calories being burned in exercise, muscle cells respond by getting stronger and heavier. That's how a flabby body turns into a firm one.
If you don't realize that this change in body composition is taking place, it can be very discouraging to see the scale hardly budge or even climb a few pounds. Whenever people complain to me about this phenomenon, I always ask them if their clothes are less tight. Invariably, they say yes. They have lost in inches. The few who have gained in both pounds and inches are either eating more than they should (both their muscle and fat cells are growing) or are on a very heavy lifting program (muscles are growing faster than they desire).

There are people who are so obsessed with the scale because this is the only way they know how to evaluate their weight loss progress that losing inches or even a clothes size or two is not enough to convince them that they are successful. This is too bad because no one walks around with a sign on their forehead announcing to the entire world what they weigh. If you are one of these people, please try and change this attitude because you will only get depressed over nothing. In fact, you should celebrate your new body composition!

http://www.tinajuanfitness.info/articles/art090500.html

Your horse is lovely! I've been a bit afraid of horses since i had a bad experience on one when i was 14 but it's always something i've wanted to have another go at.

Well done on your loss. I have to say i was disapointed when i only lost a pound but then i reminded myself that my goal was to be back in my size 10 clothing so as long as i end up there it doesn't really matter :D

Back