Boofaloos unit diet progress

Hi Helen,

Chin up hun - stick with it and I'm sure the weight will fall off.
The only thing I can suggest along with what everyone else has put forward is to have a complete change of menu?

Why not try reducing your carbs & sugars? Just looking at the other day you had a scone & gingerbread man, cereal, pasta & bread all in one day. I find that if I eat too much sugar and or carbs I get bloated & sometimes have an upset tum. For me this means water retention and weight gain if I am not too careful.

Why not try a salad+protein+dressing for lunch - will use your units up, the protein will keep you satisfied for longer and you will have avoided as many carbs.

I know that exercise etc will have a cumulative effect too - sometimes takes a while to catch up with me too. Hang in there, if you are eating healthily, being honest about what you are eating and exercsing, the weight will have to come off. The science says so!!!

Hang in there hun
xx

Thanks everyone.

DQ - it's nice to have you back! Hope you had a lovely holiday.

Well i'm not happy - have stayed the same. :( :(

I just dont know what to do. I have very little faith left in this diet and am unsure how long i can continue doing something and seeing no results. I keep thinking, just one more week and you'll see a massive weight loss but then i get on the scales and feel so down.

My mum has asked me to go to WW tomorrow with her and i'm very tempted - especially seen as though she is paying :D
Gonna think about it tonight and make my mind up in the morning after i've slept on it. xx

Oh mate, I just don't know what to say. It is so difficult to trust in any new plan, and being a pioneer is no fun :( I see no harm in you going along to WW - you may find that you get cooking ideas that you can incorporate into the Unit plan??

I remember reading somewhere that if you are plateauing to cut back severely on free foods and use up all your units, but I know you have already tried that :sigh:

Thats the thing DQ - this week has been harder as i've had less free food - although i have used it still.
Maybe i didnt cut back enough - but then i'd have been really hungry not just a bit hungry like i was!

I must be doing something wrong though to not be losing weight - i'm just not sure what! The more i think about it the more i'm getting cheesed off so i'm off to watch CSI now to take my mind off it! :)

I didnt go to WW today. I dont need another diet to confuse my already messed up head! I think my slow / no weight loss has been down to my body being a bit messed up form VLCDing and a stop in medication.
I like the unit diet but there are a few things that I need to change. I need to have less cereal and i need to add more protein to my diet.
I have set myself a goal to lose a stone in 6 weeks. I think by being sensibe with portion sizes (have gone a bit mad lately!) and by stopping snacking on cereal I will be successful.
Also this week i'm going to keep a track of what i eat to give to my 'counsellor' when she emails me nxt week.
Another thing i'm thinking of doing is changing my weigh in day - i dont like tuesdays anymore!

what day are you weighing in on shall we weigh in together have our own little meeting? I will join you in the stone in six weeks challenge!!

I'm getting weighed on a Tuesday, but will change if you all fancy a weekly meeting? We could have a new thread every ?day where we all post our weigh in results and any questions or hints and tips we have.

What do you think?

That sounds like a great idea. Shall we keep Tuesdays as our weigh day? You girls are fab!! x

Yup ok, I will weigh in first thing tuesday morning xx

Brill, Tuesday it is.

Whoever is on here first could start a new message...'weekly weigh in...' something like that. Plus then anyone not weighing on a tuesday can always add on another day.

How exciting :D

Love Lou xxx

HI guys

I've been doing a lot of thinking today and i've come to a decision. I am going back onto cambridge.
I'm sorry to let you all down but this is something i'm not doing lightly.
As you know i've struggled with the plan. I think it is really good and will be a fantastic way of maintaining but I am far too impatient and the losses so far - 1 pound in 3 weeks just isnt enough to keep me on the straight and narrow. Needless to say i've spent the last 2 days bingeing and now feel so down and low it's unbelievable.
I wish you all loads of success and really want you all to succeed. I will be here regularly to see how you're getting on - thats if you'll have me of course.

Please wish me luck xx

Good luck Helen.

I am sorry you are leaving us, you will be missed!

Strict voice now... your slow losses are most probably down to your metabolism being messed about after cd last time. If you go back to cd now you're messing yourself around again, whereas if you stick at tud it will sort itself out.

Back to my voice now (;)) I don't blame you though. If my losses were slow I would probably try something else, the beauty of cd is that you know it works and you know that you can lose 10lb in the first week. So good luck.

Love Lou xxx

Thank you lou - i know you're right about my metabolism. I wouldnt mind staying the same weight if i only had a few pounds to lose but having so much to go- it's just so demoralising. I will be back once i've lost my weight.

Thanks DQ. It's been so hard as i dont want to leave you guys. It means so much to know you're behind me. Thank You.

Honey you are not letting any one down i too feel the same and keep thinking about going back on CD but i know that I would not be able to stick to it long term but good luck with whatever you decide and syay in touch xxx

Back