Book Club

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Matty has agreed to start up a book club and everyone is welcome to join in and don't be shy, we all have to start somewhere.

Love Mini and Pierce xxx

Last edited:
what will it involve....never been in a book club before!!??

I'm in!!! - what do I have to do?? :D

Typical me! Jump first, think later!!! :p

Hello Everyone,
This is all new to me too, but here goes!
I have just finished reading "On Green Dolphin St." by Sebastian Faulks, he wrote Charlotte Gray which was made into a film. I have just started reading "The Sea" by John Banville which won the Booker prize. But I am open to any suggestions.
Why don't you tell me what you are reading now or what you have read recently and we will try and pick a book for us all to read and then discuss. Let us be open to anything and trying new stuff.
I also read Marion Keys latest book recently and was surprised by how much I liked it, she is very clever.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Matty

I have always wanted to do the book club thing, now is my chance...:) :) :)

Love Mini xxx

let me know when its up and running and ill do my best to join in xx

What kind of books would any of you be interested in.

Must say I need guidance in fiction as I read mainly heavy stuff.:(

But think it is time I lightened up a bit:)

Love Mini xxx

I'm in! I read one of Oprah's book club choices and have just bought the Richard and Judy summer book club read. I think what happens is that a book is nominated for whatever period eg a month and then at the end of the month a discussion ensues! (Whilst of course reading the next month's choice).

I would really like to do this as only read lightweight stuff so would like some guidance for some better reading!

Hels x

Lol at me, I thought it was some kind of book swap, didnt realize everyone read the same book hahahah still you learn something new every day :D

I quite like true stories, can't remember the exact titles, have recently read some by Torey Hayden, who was a special needs teacher, and also a few about the Nuns in Ireland in the 70's, all very very sad...

maybe I need lightening up too mini :p

Ok folks, tomorrow I am going to choose a book and hope you can all get it easily and read it for the next month and then we will discuss it.
In the meantime while we are doing that, how about telling us about a book that meant a lot to you/changed your life etc.
One I always remember is "The Women's Room" by Marilyn French, but more about that again, have to go now!
Talk to you tomor.
Love Matty

The book that has always stuck with me is S E Hinton's The Outsiders.

Sorry gotta dash as going out! :eek:

Lol at me, I thought it was some kind of book swap, didnt realize everyone read the same book hahahah still you learn something new every day :D

I quite like true stories, can't remember the exact titles, have recently read some by Torey Hayden, who was a special needs teacher, and also a few about the Nuns in Ireland in the 70's, all very very sad...

Take a look at this site Geri :)

www.readitswapit.co.uk

Its a fab book swapping site, Ive swapped tons! I read about 1-2 books a week, usually alternating between chick-lit and more serious stuff.

Yep definitely need something happy after them. I've read that lot too :D

I haven't seen that one. Have a particular interest in Aspergers as son has it. Read the dog in the night one written by an asperger sufferer. Great read and fascinating insight into the syndrome.

Yes, I'm in for this, ladies - I luv a good book!
I'm just about to start The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold which was recommended to me by a super Minimins member!

Back