Booking flights 2 Ireland - new baby?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 19 June 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I want 2 book our flights 2 Ireland for Christmas (sorry 2 use the C word so early) but our baby is due October. How can I book their flight with no name, DOB etc?

They won't need a passport as its a domestic flight.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hmm, not sure - you're probably best to phone the airline direct and ask them. And I would double check on the passport requirements just to make sure because Ireland isn't part of the UK.

4. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks - I fly 2 belfast so it's classed as uk. I checked the passport thing thats fine just forgot to ask about baby lol

I'll call them Monday. I'm so excited as not been home 4 xmas 4 at least 10yrs.

5. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimminworld
    hyer i used to be a travel agent. we used to book as infant tbc then when baby is born you change it to there name Emx

6. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You won't need a passport but you do need some form of photographic identification - I always take my passport even on domestic flights because it is easier. Not sure whether that applies to babies, though.

Each airline has its own rules and you should check with the airline you will be flying with to make sure that you get it right.

7. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good advice from avisk. Passports not legally required for internal flights but as everyone has said....check and double check.

I know just how excited you feel about a Christmas at home and envy you ( in the nicest way ).

8. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I ahve flown to Ireland with my kids a couple of times a year since they were 10 weeks old. I ahve flown to Belfast and Derry. They don't need a pasport. They DO need photo ID. The only form of ID available to kids is a passport. Bugs me cos the passport costs twice the prie of the flights. By the way, it is early to book for crimbo. I neve book til a couple of weeks before

9. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world

I fly with easyjet, I took my boy when he was 6 mths old & didn't need anything just wasn't sure wot to put for the baby's name as we don't know yet.

I want to book now as its cheaper as I'll be on mat leave just before xmas & money will be tight x

10. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I fly easyjet too. I was not allowed on the flight without photo ID for the kids, even when they were babies. The T&Cs also clearly state photo ID for everyone. Think I would check and double check if I were you

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.