Booking flights 2 Ireland - new baby?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I want 2 book our flights 2 Ireland for Christmas (sorry 2 use the C word so early) but our baby is due October. How can I book their flight with no name, DOB etc?

They won't need a passport as its a domestic flight.

Hmm, not sure - you're probably best to phone the airline direct and ask them. And I would double check on the passport requirements just to make sure because Ireland isn't part of the UK.

thanks - I fly 2 belfast so it's classed as uk. I checked the passport thing thats fine just forgot to ask about baby lol

I'll call them Monday. I'm so excited as not been home 4 xmas 4 at least 10yrs.

You won't need a passport but you do need some form of photographic identification - I always take my passport even on domestic flights because it is easier. Not sure whether that applies to babies, though.

Each airline has its own rules and you should check with the airline you will be flying with to make sure that you get it right.

Good advice from avisk. Passports not legally required for internal flights but as everyone has said....check and double check.

I know just how excited you feel about a Christmas at home and envy you ( in the nicest way ).

I ahve flown to Ireland with my kids a couple of times a year since they were 10 weeks old. I ahve flown to Belfast and Derry. They don't need a pasport. They DO need photo ID. The only form of ID available to kids is a passport. Bugs me cos the passport costs twice the prie of the flights. By the way, it is early to book for crimbo. I neve book til a couple of weeks before

I ahve flown to Ireland with my kids a couple of times a year since they were 10 weeks old. I ahve flown to Belfast and Derry. They don't need a pasport. They DO need photo ID. The only form of ID available to kids is a passport. Bugs me cos the passport costs twice the prie of the flights. By the way, it is early to book for crimbo. I neve book til a couple of weeks before

I fly with easyjet, I took my boy when he was 6 mths old & didn't need anything just wasn't sure wot to put for the baby's name as we don't know yet.

I want to book now as its cheaper as I'll be on mat leave just before xmas & money will be tight x

I fly easyjet too. I was not allowed on the flight without photo ID for the kids, even when they were babies. The T&Cs also clearly state photo ID for everyone. Think I would check and double check if I were you

Back