books to help us on our journey...

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by louisebell26, 28 January 2010 Social URL.

1. louisebell26

louisebell26 5 stone to go!

hey guys and gals,
    ive been thinking that while in on my "time-out" as ive begun to call it that id like to read some books to do with, mindful eating and why we overeat and establishing the connections between food and emotions etc etc..
    i was just wondering has anybody read or heard about any good books that we could buy that are any good with educating us on these things??
    thanks in advance..... bells x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. xx Cathy xx

xx Cathy xx Bye Bye Huge Bottom!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Not sure about the mind over matter type books but the GI diet by Rick Gallop gives you a lot of info that can help when on maintenance. It encourages switching hi-carb things for low-carb alternatives e.g. brown bread with high fibre content instead of white etc. It also encourages that half your plate be greens/veg, one quarter be protein and the other carbs/starch etc. I found it really good as it is similar to maintenance meals and theres a lot of nice recipes in there.
  4. louisebell26

thanks cathy, i should also have written that any good recipe healthy choice book ideas are welcome too!.x
  5. LardyZebra

LardyZebra Getting lewdwith the food

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
  6. louisebell26

thanks lardy ill have a look at that now,, i thought id jst leave it till i was a bit through my journey, but seeing as im struggling a bit i thought i may as well learn a bit now..might help in distracting me from wanting to have food.x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.